Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? 09:10 - Feb 21 with 477 viewsitfcjoe

I've just recently changed from Downcast to Overcast and that seems really good - especially like the Smart Speed function which shortens the silences and speeds up the podcasts without you really noticing which helps listen to more - and I listen on 2x speed anyway as have too many!

What do other people use?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 11:05 - Feb 21 with 434 viewsLord_Lucan

I listen to The Two Mikes. I assumed everyone just went on t'internet to listen.

What am I missing / doing wrong?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 12:19 - Feb 21 with 412 viewsjeera

To me downcast is fed up and overcast a weather condition.

I need to get up to speed on some things.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 13:14 - Feb 21 with 387 viewsitfcjoe

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 11:05 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

I listen to The Two Mikes. I assumed everyone just went on t'internet to listen.

What am I missing / doing wrong?

You can get an app where any podcasts you subscribe to are automatically downloaded into it upon release, then you can just listen to all the ones stored in the app whether off or online and without having to hunt them down.

If you are only listening to one podcast it probably isn't worth it, but if you listen to a few it definitely is.

Plus they also have functionality like automatically updating playlists and being able to listen in faster speeds so you get through them quicker etc.

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 13:17 - Feb 21 with 382 viewsLord_Lucan

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 13:14 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

You can get an app where any podcasts you subscribe to are automatically downloaded into it upon release, then you can just listen to all the ones stored in the app whether off or online and without having to hunt them down.

If you are only listening to one podcast it probably isn't worth it, but if you listen to a few it definitely is.

Plus they also have functionality like automatically updating playlists and being able to listen in faster speeds so you get through them quicker etc.

Well I've just bought some magical mushroom speaker thing for the car so I might listen to more in future. The problem I had was that my phone speaker wasn't loud enough and I had to hold the phone to my ear.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 13:18 - Feb 21 with 376 viewsitfcjoe

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 13:17 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

Well I've just bought some magical mushroom speaker thing for the car so I might listen to more in future. The problem I had was that my phone speaker wasn't loud enough and I had to hold the phone to my ear.

Have you considered headphones?!

Overcast is best app I've found (and it's free) and there are so many good podcasts out there to listen to

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 13:20 - Feb 21 with 368 viewsLord_Lucan

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 13:18 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

Overcast is best app I've found (and it's free) and there are so many good podcasts out there to listen to

I would think listening to headphones a bit dangerous. Happy with the mushroom, £7.99 delivered!

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 15:53 - Feb 21 with 329 viewsLord_Lucan

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 13:18 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

Cost me £8.99!

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 15:58 - Feb 21 with 324 viewsitfcjoe

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 15:53 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

Cost me £8.99!

Did you do the premium version? No need....

Login to get fewer ads

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 16:04 - Feb 21 with 317 viewsLord_Lucan

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 15:58 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

Did you do the premium version? No need....

I'm not sure the download worked tbh and I've just discovered an app already on my phone.

I've subscribed to The Two Mikes, Danny Baker, DID's and Frank Skinner. Any other recommendations?

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 16:10 - Feb 21 with 313 viewsitfcjoe

What PodCatcher do people use for their podcasts? on 16:04 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not sure the download worked tbh and I've just discovered an app already on my phone.

I've subscribed to The Two Mikes, Danny Baker, DID's and Frank Skinner. Any other recommendations?

Frank Skinner's isn't very good from what I remember.....

Other one's I like are (in no particular order)

The Modern Mann
Radiolab
Reveal
This American Life
The Political Party

And then there are some good back stories when you can listen to whole series of like

Serial (Season 1)
Untold - The Daniel Morgan Murder

Plus plenty of sports ones if you look at the charts and see what takes your fancy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024