Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Golfers 11:18 - Feb 21 with 2593 viewsPhilTWTD

Friend of mine asked if I'd give this a mention, they're on a membership drive and have reduced their prices.

TWTD Golfers on 11:23 - Feb 21 with 1674 viewshype313

Isn't that going to be lost to the developers when bulldozong the old Hospital for the new housing estate?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

TWTD Golfers on 11:24 - Feb 21 with 1666 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Golfers on 11:23 - Feb 21 by hype313

Isn't that going to be lost to the developers when bulldozong the old Hospital for the new housing estate?

I think the golf course and social club are staying.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

TWTD Golfers on 11:33 - Feb 21 with 1619 viewsBluefish

Any deals in the midlands? Bloody discrimination

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

TWTD Golfers on 11:53 - Feb 21 with 1586 viewsblueislander

TWTD Golfers on 11:33 - Feb 21 by Bluefish

Any deals in the midlands? Bloody discrimination

Virtually all golf clubs in the UK are really struggling, and I fear many will go under in the next few years. Ours in Guernsey is desperate for new members. Golf has to re-invent itself to attract young people.
TWTD Golfers on 11:54 - Feb 21 with 1575 viewshype313

TWTD Golfers on 11:53 - Feb 21 by blueislander

Virtually all golf clubs in the UK are really struggling, and I fear many will go under in the next few years. Ours in Guernsey is desperate for new members. Golf has to re-invent itself to attract young people.

Or drop their extortionate prices.

TWTD Golfers on 12:01 - Feb 21 with 1553 viewsblueislander

TWTD Golfers on 11:54 - Feb 21 by hype313

Or drop their extortionate prices.

Only the big name clubs charge extornionate prices. Generally a round for visitors at most clubs is £ 30 to £50, which when compared to football prices isn't unreasonable.
TWTD Golfers on 12:06 - Feb 21 with 1532 viewshype313

TWTD Golfers on 12:01 - Feb 21 by blueislander

Only the big name clubs charge extornionate prices. Generally a round for visitors at most clubs is £ 30 to £50, which when compared to football prices isn't unreasonable.

Hmm, if we want the next generation to get into the game then we have to look at the biggest hurdle which is the cost of playing, £50 isn't that bad if you can afford it, but thousands/millions wouldn't.

But as all the clubs are privately owned, then why would they drop their prices? Unless they were losing members by the dozens.

Interestingly a few are starting to look at other ways to use the land, think Stonham now has Footgolf and Fynn Valley the same.

TWTD Golfers on 12:09 - Feb 21 with 1521 viewsReuser_is_God

TWTD Golfers on 11:53 - Feb 21 by blueislander

Or the younger generation just realise that golf is really really fcuking boring?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 12:14]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Golfers on 12:10 - Feb 21 with 1504 viewshype313

TWTD Golfers on 12:09 - Feb 21 by Reuser_is_God

Or the younger generation just realise that golf is really really fcuking boring?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 12:14]

As Brian Clough once said "It's a waste of a good walk"

TWTD Golfers on 12:12 - Feb 21 with 1493 viewschicoazul

TWTD Golfers on 12:01 - Feb 21 by blueislander

I tried getting into golf a couple years ago. Golf clubs, the ones I went to, are cold unfriendly places run for the benefit of a couple dozen local businessmen their wives and assorted pensioners. £50 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay and treating people like "visitors" is IMHO part of the problem. Treat them like customers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TWTD Golfers on 12:17 - Feb 21 with 1442 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Golfers on 12:06 - Feb 21 by hype313

Hmm, if we want the next generation to get into the game then we have to look at the biggest hurdle which is the cost of playing, £50 isn't that bad if you can afford it, but thousands/millions wouldn't.

But as all the clubs are privately owned, then why would they drop their prices? Unless they were losing members by the dozens.

Interestingly a few are starting to look at other ways to use the land, think Stonham now has Footgolf and Fynn Valley the same.

£50 is unnecessary. I don't play on top courses but only pay between £15 - £30.

From memory St Clements is only £20 but you need to go with a member.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

TWTD Golfers on 12:18 - Feb 21 with 1424 viewsgiant_stow

TWTD Golfers on 12:12 - Feb 21 by chicoazul

I tried getting into golf a couple years ago. Golf clubs, the ones I went to, are cold unfriendly places run for the benefit of a couple dozen local businessmen their wives and assorted pensioners. £50 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay and treating people like "visitors" is IMHO part of the problem. Treat them like customers.

I think the snobbery and silly dress codes would put many off, although I'm the sort of trainer-wearing, smoking, non-respecter of proper etiquete that such places want to keep out, I spose.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

TWTD Golfers on 12:23 - Feb 21 with 1408 viewshype313

TWTD Golfers on 12:18 - Feb 21 by giant_stow

I think the snobbery and silly dress codes would put many off, although I'm the sort of trainer-wearing, smoking, non-respecter of proper etiquete that such places want to keep out, I spose.

Don't think they are too fond of Incest either.

TWTD Golfers on 12:23 - Feb 21 with 1405 viewsTractorWood

Am a member at Bury as they have an under 30's rate. Starting playing in my mid teens but have really fallen out of love with the game in the last 2/3 years. Very similar to a ST as you have friends there etc.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

TWTD Golfers on 12:24 - Feb 21 with 1397 viewsblueislander

Funnily enough our club , which certainly has a number of "old fart" type members have just relaxed the dress code for the clubhouse ( not on the course though)

Obviously the financial aspect is very important, but one of the biggest drawbacks to attracting young people is the amount of time it takes to have a round of golf. Golf needs to invent some sort of 20/20 type game.
TWTD Golfers on 12:25 - Feb 21 with 1395 viewshoppy

You play golf, Phil?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TWTD Golfers on 12:26 - Feb 21 with 1391 viewsblueislander

TWTD Golfers on 12:25 - Feb 21 by hoppy

You play golf, Phil?

Evidence?
TWTD Golfers on 12:29 - Feb 21 with 1380 viewsgiant_stow

TWTD Golfers on 12:24 - Feb 21 by blueislander

Funnily enough our club , which certainly has a number of "old fart" type members have just relaxed the dress code for the clubhouse ( not on the course though)

Obviously the financial aspect is very important, but one of the biggest drawbacks to attracting young people is the amount of time it takes to have a round of golf. Golf needs to invent some sort of 20/20 type game.

Yeah for sure, a 5 hour gameplus travelling time isn't really doable unless I'm feeling mean to the mrs. 9 hole courses are good though (again that's probably reveals.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

TWTD Golfers on 12:32 - Feb 21 with 1371 viewsLord_Lucan

I like the dressing up bit. I think it's what first attracted me to golf.

I am however useless at golf but I look the b0llocks.

TWTD Golfers on 12:35 - Feb 21 with 1327 viewschicoazul

Yeah probably. I dont mind that in a way though, plenty of places have dress code and stuff dont they, but its all part of the off putting nature of it. Maybe im just a soft cock but a few other people have said the same thing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

TWTD Golfers on 12:38 - Feb 21 with 1293 viewschicoazul

TWTD Golfers on 12:24 - Feb 21 by blueislander

Definitely. Some kind of 9 hole or Par 3 deal. I know lots of places have those kind of short courses but they seem to be intended to get people into the "proper" game rather than looked on as a game in themselves.

TWTD Golfers on 12:38 - Feb 21 with 1287 viewsgiant_stow

TWTD Golfers on 12:32 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

I like the dressing up bit. I think it's what first attracted me to golf.

I am however useless at golf but I look the b0llocks.

I'm useless and look like a tramp.

TWTD Golfers on 12:44 - Feb 21 with 1258 viewsblueislander

TWTD Golfers on 12:38 - Feb 21 by chicoazul

Definitely. Some kind of 9 hole or Par 3 deal. I know lots of places have those kind of short courses but they seem to be intended to get people into the "proper" game rather than looked on as a game in themselves.

"Real " golfers tend to look down on par 3 courses, but that is definitely the way to get people interested and playing. It needs the PGA to promote and encourage it.
TWTD Golfers on 12:47 - Feb 21 with 1245 viewsgiant_stow

TWTD Golfers on 12:44 - Feb 21 by blueislander

"Real " golfers tend to look down on par 3 courses, but that is definitely the way to get people interested and playing. It needs the PGA to promote and encourage it.

Par 3s are great for bods like me that still can't do a proper driver swing (i get maybe 3 in 10 into the air and to any reasonable distance!). On a par 3, using the 8 iron is a great leveller.

TWTD Golfers on 12:55 - Feb 21 with 1217 viewshoppy

TWTD Golfers on 12:26 - Feb 21 by blueislander

Evidence?

I'm saying nothing...

after this comment yesterday, I don't want a flashing red light at the top of my screen...

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/399601/3531967/the-pitch/#post3531967

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024