Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following last weeks "Best years for music" thread... 09:26 - Feb 22 with 727 viewsbluewein

These albums turn 20 years old this year.

Probably more for the likes of Dubbers and Vapor, but there's some belters in here.

http://www.factmag.com/2017/02/18/30-incredible-albums-that-turn-20-years-old-in

The criminal part being that "Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space" fails to get a mention

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Following last weeks "Best years for music" thread... on 09:54 - Feb 22 with 684 viewsDubtractor

Now off to a meeting, will check this later.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Following last weeks "Best years for music" thread... on 11:16 - Feb 22 with 636 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Fails to get a mention due to the pretentious title.

I've never heard it, is it good?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Following last weeks "Best years for music" thread... on 11:22 - Feb 22 with 627 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I own two of these albums, Godspeed and Radiohead, and have heard four. I have to say the last great year for a plethora of great albums was a long time before, popular music gradually regressed from the zenith of the late 60s.

1992 was decent though. Angel Dust and Dirt two of my all time personal favourites.

Today it's an embarrassment.

By the way OK Computer is not a great album. The first side is very good but it goes downhill from there. Paranoid Android a slab of genius, their best song and the as good as anything from the past 20 years.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Following last weeks "Best years for music" thread... on 11:33 - Feb 22 with 616 viewsbluewein

Following last weeks "Best years for music" thread... on 11:16 - Feb 22 by The_Last_Baron

Fails to get a mention due to the pretentious title.

I've never heard it, is it good?

I think it's immense, and I know there will be a few more on here who agree. I can't describe it though as anything I say won't do it justice.

My only advice is:-

1) Don't listen to it after a break up of a long term relationship. I did this recently it hurts like hell.

2) Listen to it all the way through. If you really don't want to though, here's a decent starting point...

Following last weeks "Best years for music" thread... on 11:36 - Feb 22 with 605 viewsbluewein

Following last weeks "Best years for music" thread... on 11:22 - Feb 22 by The_Last_Baron

I own two of these albums, Godspeed and Radiohead, and have heard four. I have to say the last great year for a plethora of great albums was a long time before, popular music gradually regressed from the zenith of the late 60s.

1992 was decent though. Angel Dust and Dirt two of my all time personal favourites.

Today it's an embarrassment.

By the way OK Computer is not a great album. The first side is very good but it goes downhill from there. Paranoid Android a slab of genius, their best song and the as good as anything from the past 20 years.

Interesting you say that about Paranoid Android as I still think "Ladies and Gentleman..." beats the crap out of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024