Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corrrr it's windy up north 10:36 - Feb 23 with 1678 viewsclive_baker

Up near Manchester for work, storm Doris is well and truly hitting here. Can't hear myself think for the wind and trees outside. Rain and a short outbreak of snow / sleet too when I came out of the train station.

It's grim up north.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Corrrr it's windy up north on 15:08 - Feb 23 with 1607 viewsRoyKeanesDog

How they haven't shut Snakes Pass is beyond me.

Poll: Best Football Song

Corrrr it's windy up north on 16:58 - Feb 23 with 1576 viewsRyorry

Hasn't been as bad as expected here - yet! (mid Yorks, a few miles S of Ripon). Tues teatime was far worse. Stopped off around 5.45pm on way home from town to walk mutt along uphill track over heather moorland - got smashed in face by heavy rain on what must have been a 50mph+ wind, could barely make any headway, gave up after 10 mins - even the mutt didn't seem too disappointed!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Corrrr it's windy up north on 20:29 - Feb 23 with 1538 viewsgordon

Corrrr it's windy up north on 16:58 - Feb 23 by Ryorry

Hasn't been as bad as expected here - yet! (mid Yorks, a few miles S of Ripon). Tues teatime was far worse. Stopped off around 5.45pm on way home from town to walk mutt along uphill track over heather moorland - got smashed in face by heavy rain on what must have been a 50mph+ wind, could barely make any headway, gave up after 10 mins - even the mutt didn't seem too disappointed!

Been working on boats around the Orkney Islands. You lot are a bunch of wimps.
Corrrr it's windy up north on 19:34 - Feb 24 with 1475 viewsRyorry

Corrrr it's windy up north on 20:29 - Feb 23 by gordon

Been working on boats around the Orkney Islands. You lot are a bunch of wimps.

"Around", briefly? you softy ;)

Lived there for over 2 years, in which time we had 3 hurricanes - during the biggest, the wind gauge broke when it reached 139mph in sheltered Kirkwall - but I was out on the westermost exposed headland on the south side of Bay of Skaill!

Corrrr it's windy up north on 20:22 - Feb 24 with 1456 viewsgordon

Corrrr it's windy up north on 19:34 - Feb 24 by Ryorry

"Around", briefly? you softy ;)

Lived there for over 2 years, in which time we had 3 hurricanes - during the biggest, the wind gauge broke when it reached 139mph in sheltered Kirkwall - but I was out on the westermost exposed headland on the south side of Bay of Skaill!

Aye we don't mess with the west coast. Seen some reasonable waves at Brough of Birsay the other day!
Corrrr it's windy up north on 20:27 - Feb 24 with 1444 viewsRyorry

Corrrr it's windy up north on 20:22 - Feb 24 by gordon

Aye we don't mess with the west coast. Seen some reasonable waves at Brough of Birsay the other day!

I'll bet!

Wonder how residents of Twa*t might get on with P & G's bad language filter - gonna give it a go - hang on ...

Hah, failed to get through, had to amend it!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024