Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striking options for the derby 10:53 - Feb 23 with 3271 viewsMullet

Given how Klose struggled with Murphy all game would it be worth trying Moore as a wildcard? I appreciate he's not the same Murphy in the air, but with his height he can still win a decent amount of headers and while the budgies worry about that he has decent enough feet to twist Klose up in similar fashion.

Considering AN can't organise a team to save his life, I wonder if completely changing the approach to the game might be enough. Flood the midfield, soak up the play and let them start going 20p-50p after half an hour.

I appreciate it'd be harsh to drop Sears after he's scored. But I wonder if we look strong enough in recent weeks against a team who although massively underperforming, aren't Villa underperforming.

Fancy us to score from a corner too for some reason.

Would be equaly nice to see Jonas drill one in again too. Fullbacks that score against the scum are always worthy of exalted praise.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Striking options for the derby on 11:55 - Feb 23 with 1156 viewsBluebell

Striking options for the derby on 11:53 - Feb 23 by PJH

I like to believe that I think like MM(or MM thinks like me).

If everyone is available there seems to be a squad of 20 from which 2 will be unlucky to not even make the bench,there are a few possible permutations for the starting team.
I would say that there are only five that are certain starters-Bart,Chambers,Berra,Huwes and McG-with loads of possibilities for the remaining places.

You don't think Skuse and Knudsen will be definites then?
Striking options for the derby on 12:01 - Feb 23 with 1139 viewsPJH

Striking options for the derby on 11:55 - Feb 23 by Bluebell

You don't think Skuse and Knudsen will be definites then?

Knudsen very likely and Skuse depends on how MM(and I)decide to approach midfield.
We are more free flowing without Skuse but then so are the opposition.
If it is decided that we need to disrupt their midfield then Skuse is a must.
We have coped reasonably well against Reading(most of the game),Villa,Brighton and Leeds(part of the game)without having anyone breaking up the opposition play-question is can we hope to do it again.
On balance I think Skuse should/will start but not sure at who's expense.

Such are the problems of picking a team when we have the bulk of the squad available.
Striking options for the derby on 12:27 - Feb 23 with 1105 viewsIllinoisblue

Striking options for the derby on 11:50 - Feb 23 by Mullet

Are you saying Phil can't use question marks? Enjoy your red flash of hmmm

in the midst of a derby hat-trick there's no time to worry about such things.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Striking options for the derby on 12:29 - Feb 23 with 1096 viewsMullet

Striking options for the derby on 12:27 - Feb 23 by Illinoisblue

in the midst of a derby hat-trick there's no time to worry about such things.

He'll get his mate Simon Milton to tweet you nasty words. I'm telling ya.

Striking options for the derby on 12:43 - Feb 23 with 1080 viewsJakeITFC

The Norwich fans at work are petrified of pace in behind, and so hope that we move away from Sears.

Apparently they've struggled against sides that get their centre backs turned around, and that being direct is the way to go.

SomethingBlue's point earlier in the week about them preferring to face a back 3 as opposed to 4 is interesting, but I think on weighing up the options we have, we simply have to go with 3-5-2, as our midfield just looks a whole lot better with the numbers and variations. We will obviously have a tough time keeping a lively attacking line in check with a 3, but I'd fancy our chances more if we had a positive midfield unit ahead of them to win that battle.

I'd be inclined to stick with it and go:

------------------------Bart
----------Chambers Berra Knudsen
Spence-----------------------------------Kenlock
----------------------Diagrouga
------------Ward--------------------Huws
---------------McGoldrick----Sears
Striking options for the derby on 12:52 - Feb 23 with 1049 viewsReuser_is_God

Striking options for the derby on 11:41 - Feb 23 by Mullet

I'd much rather play a back four and get the most out of the talent we have. For me, that'd be dropping the kids for this one. Both have picked up bookings for getting caught out and I can see the attackers Nodge have aiming to get them sent off. Knudsen and Spence can do the job at full back and get forward if they need to. Spence especially can pick a pass.

A flexible line of Huws, Ward, McG and Sears or Moore ahead of Diagouraga and Skuse would give us a lot of movement.

My only issue with McG and I wouldn't not start him for a minute, is the dirty side of Norwich. Can see them trying to snap him.

Totally agree about Moore vs. Murphy. But we only have one and not the other.

So you want to abandon the system that has seen us improve considerably?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Striking options for the derby on 12:56 - Feb 23 with 1047 viewsIllinoisblue

Striking options for the derby on 12:43 - Feb 23 by JakeITFC

The Norwich fans at work are petrified of pace in behind, and so hope that we move away from Sears.

Apparently they've struggled against sides that get their centre backs turned around, and that being direct is the way to go.

SomethingBlue's point earlier in the week about them preferring to face a back 3 as opposed to 4 is interesting, but I think on weighing up the options we have, we simply have to go with 3-5-2, as our midfield just looks a whole lot better with the numbers and variations. We will obviously have a tough time keeping a lively attacking line in check with a 3, but I'd fancy our chances more if we had a positive midfield unit ahead of them to win that battle.

I'd be inclined to stick with it and go:

------------------------Bart
----------Chambers Berra Knudsen
Spence-----------------------------------Kenlock
----------------------Diagrouga
------------Ward--------------------Huws
---------------McGoldrick----Sears

Hoolahan, Jerome, Naismith... they have a lot of potential to hurt us. I'd take a draw now.

62 - 78 - 81

Striking options for the derby on 12:56 - Feb 23 with 1044 viewsReuser_is_God

Striking options for the derby on 12:56 - Feb 23 by Illinoisblue

Hoolahan, Jerome, Naismith... they have a lot of potential to hurt us. I'd take a draw now.

Pritchard too, started slowly but seems to have hit some form lately.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

Striking options for the derby on 12:58 - Feb 23 with 1042 viewsIllinoisblue

Striking options for the derby on 12:56 - Feb 23 by Reuser_is_God

Pritchard too, started slowly but seems to have hit some form lately.

him too. It's sobering to think that despite our upturn in form we've only won 1 in 8.

62 - 78 - 81

Striking options for the derby on 13:03 - Feb 23 with 1027 viewsReuser_is_God

Striking options for the derby on 12:58 - Feb 23 by Illinoisblue

him too. It's sobering to think that despite our upturn in form we've only won 1 in 8.

Yeah, that is a worry too.

Evans out

Striking options for the derby on 13:35 - Feb 23 with 995 viewsMullet

Striking options for the derby on 12:52 - Feb 23 by Reuser_is_God

So you want to abandon the system that has seen us improve considerably?

It's the players that have improved us far more than the system. PNE was a far better performance right at the start of the run, which hasn't seen us improve points wise as much as we might have.

The scum have lots of attacking midfielders. Letting them sit too close to our 18 yard line is asking for trouble. Skuse and Diagouraga are perfect for breaking that link apart and getting the ball in to Huws, Ward and McG in behind them.

I don't fear us playing 3 at the back, but it's been a mark of Mick's pragmatism and not the revelation some are pretending. We have the manpower and play, better suited to something else.

Striking options for the derby on 20:50 - Feb 23 with 915 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Moore is certainly tall, but is he more Peter Crouch than Murph. I haven't seen much of him but he doesn't look like he is going to bully a CB imo. He's a Plan B if we are chasing the game at the moment.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024