Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Sunday 12:02 - Feb 23 with 3200 viewsclive_baker

I think I would go with this:

Bart
Emmanuel Chambers Berra Knudsen Kenlock
Dave Huws Bishop
McGoldrick Sears

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Team for Sunday on 12:03 - Feb 23 with 2157 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Harsh on Spence and Ward..
Team for Sunday on 12:04 - Feb 23 with 2144 viewsBrettenhamBlue

What about Spence and Ward? They were both superb last game?

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Team for Sunday on 12:05 - Feb 23 with 2138 viewsKieran_Knows

No chance. Bishop hasn't done anything to warrant starting ahead of Ward.

Maybe Emmanuel in for Spence, but even that would be harsh on Spence given how well he played last weekend (although he did look knackered the last 10 minutes).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Team for Sunday on 12:06 - Feb 23 with 2129 viewsclive_baker

Team for Sunday on 12:03 - Feb 23 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Harsh on Spence and Ward..

It is rather, but given the numbers it's bound to be harsh on someone.

Ward, Skuse, Pitman and Spence are all on my bench.

Ward - hit and miss but has looked good lately. I quite fancy having him and Pitman as weapons off the bench as they tire.

Spence - I can't consider him in at RB after the Derby shambles. I like the look of him in the middle. Toss up between him and Jonas but experience edges it for me, and Knudsen himself has played well the last couple of matches.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 12:08]

Team for Sunday on 12:10 - Feb 23 with 2093 viewsclive_baker

Team for Sunday on 12:05 - Feb 23 by Kieran_Knows

No chance. Bishop hasn't done anything to warrant starting ahead of Ward.

Maybe Emmanuel in for Spence, but even that would be harsh on Spence given how well he played last weekend (although he did look knackered the last 10 minutes).

You're right about Bishop, he's very much my wildcard.

Ward I would like to see for 35 minutes off the bench at 0-0, he could really give them a lot to think about and win it for us.

on 12:12 - Feb 23 with 2070 views_

Team for Sunday on 12:56 - Feb 23 with 1953 viewsWallingford_Boy

ROWE TO START

RIP Sir Bobby

Team for Sunday on 12:57 - Feb 23 with 1942 viewsReuser_is_God

Team for Sunday on 12:56 - Feb 23 by Wallingford_Boy

ROWE TO START

Not sure where Rowe fits into a 532

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Sunday on 13:00 - Feb 23 with 1928 viewsTractorCam

on 12:12 - Feb 23 by _

Why change formation when we've now got some rhythm?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

on 13:09 - Feb 23 with 1893 views_

Team for Sunday on 13:00 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

Why change formation when we've now got some rhythm?

Team for Sunday on 13:11 - Feb 23 with 1877 viewsTractorCam

on 13:09 - Feb 23 by _

We've focused on opponents game for far too long, time to focus on ourselves in my opinion. We've played some of the best football under Mick this last month, same again for me regardless of what the opposition is doing

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Team for Sunday on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 1869 viewsReuser_is_God

on 13:09 - Feb 23 by _

Nah, we'll be fine.

3 CM's & 3 CB's means you have cover for the WB's

Evans out

Team for Sunday on 13:14 - Feb 23 with 1859 viewsSomethingBlue

I expect the main posers are Spence/Emmanuel and Diagouraga/Ward. Fine with either for the first; the second is tricky, as I can't see Mick not going with Skuse. Really think Ward's energy would be very useful for this game.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Team for Sunday on 13:15 - Feb 23 with 1847 viewsReuser_is_God

Team for Sunday on 13:14 - Feb 23 by SomethingBlue

I expect the main posers are Spence/Emmanuel and Diagouraga/Ward. Fine with either for the first; the second is tricky, as I can't see Mick not going with Skuse. Really think Ward's energy would be very useful for this game.

If it is Diagouraga or Ward then I'd go Ward too but I really hope it's Huws, Diagouraga & Ward.

Evans out

on 13:16 - Feb 23 with 1844 views_

Team for Sunday on 13:11 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

We've focused on opponents game for far too long, time to focus on ourselves in my opinion. We've played some of the best football under Mick this last month, same again for me regardless of what the opposition is doing

Team for Sunday on 13:32 - Feb 23 with 1771 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I reckon that it will be the same starting line up as last week. They will play one up top like Leeds did, so I don't see any reason to change the formation.

If Dave is going to play I reckon (not that I agree with it) it will be at the expense of Ward not Skuse. Personally I would have Skuse on the bench for when Dave runs out of gas after an hour.

Don't see Bishop starting tbh. He may not even make the bench. MM might feel that Dougie is a better option although a lot depends on whether Skuse or Dave are on the bench as well.

I think that Spence should keep his place. Would be incredibly harsh to condemn him as a RB/RWB based on the Derby game. If that is the benchmark then you would drop the entire outfield 10 from that night. I think that JE is a good prospect but he is defensively suspect, so I would have him on the bench.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Team for Sunday on 13:43 - Feb 23 with 1733 viewsblueislander

Anyone at Villa two weeks ago would never want to see Berra play for Town again. A penalty could be given against him every time there is a corner or a fee kick delivered into our box. I can't wait to have Webster fit , and see him and Spence together at centre back with either Smith or Chambers. Emmanuel and Kenlock as wing backs, and you have the basis of a good football team.
Team for Sunday on 13:48 - Feb 23 with 1712 viewsPJH

Team for Sunday on 13:43 - Feb 23 by blueislander

Anyone at Villa two weeks ago would never want to see Berra play for Town again. A penalty could be given against him every time there is a corner or a fee kick delivered into our box. I can't wait to have Webster fit , and see him and Spence together at centre back with either Smith or Chambers. Emmanuel and Kenlock as wing backs, and you have the basis of a good football team.

But luckily he did play again and controlled Wood last week,something that I doubt if any other of our defenders could have done.

He does look prone to giving away a penalty but I do not recall thinking at Villa that I never wanted to see him play for us again,don't know if anyone else did.
Team for Sunday on 13:54 - Feb 23 with 1680 viewsblueislander

Team for Sunday on 13:48 - Feb 23 by PJH

But luckily he did play again and controlled Wood last week,something that I doubt if any other of our defenders could have done.

He does look prone to giving away a penalty but I do not recall thinking at Villa that I never wanted to see him play for us again,don't know if anyone else did.

I understand that he did play well on Saturday, but to me he is a liability. He is very slow and cumbersome, and his distribution is appalling. All that apart from his holding his opponent at set pieces.
Team for Sunday on 13:55 - Feb 23 with 1677 viewsclive_baker

Team for Sunday on 13:43 - Feb 23 by blueislander

I was at Villa. I'm also open minded enough to remember the last 3 years of Berra in a town shirt and not just an average performance against Villa. On that basis Spence would've had his contract torn up at half time against Derby.

Team for Sunday on 14:12 - Feb 23 with 1617 viewsOsborneOneNil

Team for Sunday on 13:15 - Feb 23 by Reuser_is_God

If it is Diagouraga or Ward then I'd go Ward too but I really hope it's Huws, Diagouraga & Ward.

Same here. But he is bound to stick Skuse in.........shame.
Team for Sunday on 14:19 - Feb 23 with 1587 viewsblueislander

Team for Sunday on 14:12 - Feb 23 by OsborneOneNil

I fear that may be true.
Team for Sunday on 15:17 - Feb 23 with 1509 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Team for Sunday on 14:12 - Feb 23 by OsborneOneNil

Sadly that probably will be the case.
Team for Sunday on 15:18 - Feb 23 with 1502 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Team for Sunday on 13:11 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

Exactly.

New system, new people. No need to change it.
Team for Sunday on 15:57 - Feb 23 with 1440 viewsblueislander

Team for Sunday on 15:18 - Feb 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Exactly.

New system, new people. No need to change it.

I posted exactly that yesterday.McCarthy has an obsession for matching the opposition, but just maybe he has stumbled upon a system and the personnel to play to it that will make our opponents think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024