Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wi fi problems - ongoing 13:38 - Feb 23 with 903 viewsLord_Lucan

Recently I moved my printer about 10 yards from the router and now there are two walls inbetween the devices. Everything ok at first but now documents are taking an age to print. Before I go to the trouble of extending the phone cable through said walls in order to get the router nearer can someone confirm that this is indeed the problem?

Ta

Edit;

Found another phone socket but there is still one solid wall inbetween. Will this help?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 13:57]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Wi fi problems - ongoing on 15:55 - Feb 23 with 823 viewsfeelingblue

If it was all right to start with, after you moved the printer, I doubt if that is the problem.
Wi fi problems - ongoing on 16:12 - Feb 23 with 797 viewsLord_Lucan

Wi fi problems - ongoing on 15:55 - Feb 23 by feelingblue

If it was all right to start with, after you moved the printer, I doubt if that is the problem.

Now you tell me. I've just drilled through a couple of walls and put in a 15m phone extension. Working ok now though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Wi fi problems - ongoing on 16:28 - Feb 23 with 776 viewsTollycobbold

Have you tried no more nails-ing a note to it telling it to buck it's ideas up?
Wi fi problems - ongoing on 18:48 - Feb 23 with 716 viewsDanTheMan

This for an ethernet cable to connect the two?

Instead of drilling holes, you could try one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerline-Configuration-Required-TL-PA4010KIT-V1-20/dp/

Can get ones with pass through so it doesn't take up a plug socket. Useful for extending connections from your router round the house.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Wi fi problems - ongoing on 20:06 - Feb 23 with 685 viewsBurwell_Blue

As mentioned already. Power line adaptors are what you need. Don't bother with slow wifi for anything if you can help it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024