Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep them guessing Mick 15:10 - Feb 23 with 1262 viewsMaySixth

although I think it's nailed on now that Skuse starts over Dave (been ill, hasn't trained much)

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Keep them guessing Mick on 15:13 - Feb 23 with 1246 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I think it'll be Skuse, Diagoouraga and Huws.

Poll: Best Football Song

Keep them guessing Mick on 15:19 - Feb 23 with 1222 viewsHarryfromBath

Skuse is less of a natural than Toumani at bringing the ball out of defence with a run and will look for a passing option sooner, but he can do an effective man-marking job to nullify a threat, e.g. Wes Hoolahan. I remembering him silencing the Wolves winger Teixeira last Autumn when Zenga switched him into midfield after the break.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Keep them guessing Mick on 15:21 - Feb 23 with 1208 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I'm expecting a midfield of Skuse, Dave and Huws.
Keep them guessing Mick on 15:26 - Feb 23 with 1196 viewsMaySixth

Keep them guessing Mick on 15:21 - Feb 23 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I'm expecting a midfield of Skuse, Dave and Huws.

Ward has looked much more effective since moving into the midfield three.

I'd be disappointed if we dropped him - I think the balance of the other two central midfielders has helped him to thrive.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Keep them guessing Mick on 15:43 - Feb 23 with 1134 viewsGarv

The obvious choice is Dave, Ward and Huws.

But Skuse will stay put. Leeds game came at a rubbish time for TD.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keep them guessing Mick on 16:04 - Feb 23 with 1067 viewsPJH

Keep them guessing Mick on 15:19 - Feb 23 by HarryfromBath

Skuse is less of a natural than Toumani at bringing the ball out of defence with a run and will look for a passing option sooner, but he can do an effective man-marking job to nullify a threat, e.g. Wes Hoolahan. I remembering him silencing the Wolves winger Teixeira last Autumn when Zenga switched him into midfield after the break.

As I have said before,we are more free flowing without Skuse but then again so are the opposition.
We have got away with it to some extent at Villa and Brighton and part of the games against Reading and Leeds but we will not always get away with letting the opposition midfield play unhindered.
Playing Skuse does slightly reduce our attacking threat but that more than balances out by reducing our opponents attacking threat.

With the arrival of Huwes and Diagouraga(always have to check that I have spelt that right)and the emergence of Ward along with other midfield options already here then selection becomes harder for all which should raise everybody's games.
Keep them guessing Mick on 16:46 - Feb 23 with 990 viewshoppy

Keep them guessing Mick on 16:04 - Feb 23 by PJH

As I have said before,we are more free flowing without Skuse but then again so are the opposition.
We have got away with it to some extent at Villa and Brighton and part of the games against Reading and Leeds but we will not always get away with letting the opposition midfield play unhindered.
Playing Skuse does slightly reduce our attacking threat but that more than balances out by reducing our opponents attacking threat.

With the arrival of Huwes and Diagouraga(always have to check that I have spelt that right)and the emergence of Ward along with other midfield options already here then selection becomes harder for all which should raise everybody's games.

What about the spelling of Huws? Didn't check that, did you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Keep them guessing Mick on 16:53 - Feb 23 with 964 viewsPJH

Keep them guessing Mick on 16:46 - Feb 23 by hoppy

What about the spelling of Huws? Didn't check that, did you?

That is because everybody knows how to spell that,don't they?
Login to get fewer ads

Keep them guessing Mick on 17:36 - Feb 23 with 899 viewstextbackup

Keep them guessing Mick on 15:13 - Feb 23 by RoyKeanesDog

I think it'll be Skuse, Diagoouraga and Huws.

No way will he not play Skuse at Norwich away, so that 3 looks nailed on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Keep them guessing Mick on 17:42 - Feb 23 with 877 viewstheipswichman

Keep them guessing Mick on 16:04 - Feb 23 by PJH

Agreed, however I think dropping Ward would be very harsh. He has been quality since he moved into midfield and setup our goal against leeds. For me Ward and Huws should be guaranteed and then the more defensive spot to be fought over between Skuse and Tomi D.
Keep them guessing Mick on 20:08 - Feb 23 with 769 viewshoppy

Keep them guessing Mick on 16:53 - Feb 23 by PJH

That is because everybody knows how to spell that,don't they?

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024