Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who needs a Northern Bypass 18:43 - Feb 23 with 1366 viewsLord_Lucan

Oh no, no way.

Fecking sh1t small minded town

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 18:51 - Feb 23 with 1344 viewsGeoffSentence

It's not Ipswich Council that would pay for it, for starters it wouldn't even go through the boundaries of the Town. It's 'The Government' you have to persuade to stump the money and they will be looking for an economic benefit for it. A few days really bad congestion in Ipswich every winter isn't persuasive enough.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 18:55 - Feb 23 with 1322 viewsLord_Lucan

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 18:51 - Feb 23 by GeoffSentence

It's not Ipswich Council that would pay for it, for starters it wouldn't even go through the boundaries of the Town. It's 'The Government' you have to persuade to stump the money and they will be looking for an economic benefit for it. A few days really bad congestion in Ipswich every winter isn't persuasive enough.

I'm no expert but I don't think that is entirely correct.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 19:08 - Feb 23 with 1286 viewsEastTownBlue

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 18:51 - Feb 23 by GeoffSentence

Economic benefit ? If only the disrupted road connected to a big container port.
Who needs a Northern Bypass on 19:28 - Feb 23 with 1204 viewsDubtractor

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 18:55 - Feb 23 by Lord_Lucan

None of it would be in Ipswich boundaries.

Suffolk CC and Highways agency would need to make it happen, but would need to convince both Suffolk Coastal and Mid Suffolk councils that piling a road through there picturesque districts (with no benefit to them) is a good idea.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 19:32 - Feb 23 with 1187 viewsLord_Lucan

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 19:28 - Feb 23 by Dubtractor

None of it would be in Ipswich boundaries.

Suffolk CC and Highways agency would need to make it happen, but would need to convince both Suffolk Coastal and Mid Suffolk councils that piling a road through there picturesque districts (with no benefit to them) is a good idea.

Even if it was in the boundaries IBC wouldn't be involved would they? SCC control the highways. It was the stupid villagers that stopped it previously. NIMBYs.

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 20:24 - Feb 23 with 1068 viewsGeoffSentence

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 18:55 - Feb 23 by Lord_Lucan

As with the Norwich Northern Distributor Road the bulk of the funding would come from the department of transport, they would need to be convinced of the economic benefits before they would contribute. The intermittent disruption the closure of the Orwell Bridge causes has never carried enough weight to persuade them in the past and is unlikely to do so in the near future. There is no way our councils could afford it, or would be prepared to pay for it without DoT funding.

But either way, it isn't the fault of Ipswich Borough.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 20:37 - Feb 23 with 1017 viewsLord_Lucan

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 20:24 - Feb 23 by GeoffSentence

As with the Norwich Northern Distributor Road the bulk of the funding would come from the department of transport, they would need to be convinced of the economic benefits before they would contribute. The intermittent disruption the closure of the Orwell Bridge causes has never carried enough weight to persuade them in the past and is unlikely to do so in the near future. There is no way our councils could afford it, or would be prepared to pay for it without DoT funding.

But either way, it isn't the fault of Ipswich Borough.

How can anyone square the fact that Norwich roads have been transformed yet the roads to the largest container port in the U.K. are not fit for purpose. 25 years ago there wasn't a mile of dual carriageway in Norfolk yet now they have a road system we could only dream of.

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 21:44 - Feb 23 with 860 viewsPinewoodblue

Didn't Gummer senior, when Minisier for the environment succeed in blocking the Northern By pass which would have gone through his constituency?

Not sure why the Orwell Bridge isn't treated like other high bridges and closed to high sided vehicles and Caravans when it is windy. If the bridge is closed you can count on the port of Felixstowr being closed. There must be somewhere lorries csn be stacked west of the bridge. Blocking off one lane of the duelled section of the A140 , on each carriageway if necessary for A14 traffic and one lane of Old London Road for A12 traffic for example.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Who needs a Northern Bypass on 21:59 - Feb 23 with 811 viewsVic

It's utterly ridiculous that the building of this road is not even on the agenda yet. WIth the Ipswich Garden suburb, the Grange Fram expansion and the Adastral housing development all inevitable it's staggering that the northern road isn't part of it all. I don't care who's responsibility it is, someone needs a good kicking. Yours sincerely, a disgruntled kEsgrave resident!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024