Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) 19:54 - Feb 23 with 6008 viewsgmanrom

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:28 - Feb 23 with 1401 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:17 - Feb 23 by RoyKeanesDog

Yes, Leicester are bound to do the likely scenario!

It's a better guess than your one. They still have very good players... and those parachute payments.

You're in auntie-bowlocks-uncle territory.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:28 - Feb 23 with 1396 viewsvapour_trail

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:25 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

I'd have thought that would've been on the news or something?

Freddie is usually on the money.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:31 - Feb 23 with 1382 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:28 - Feb 23 by vapour_trail

Freddie is usually on the money.

I don't actually know if you're being sarcastic or not.

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:35 - Feb 23 with 1368 viewsvapour_trail

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:31 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

I don't actually know if you're being sarcastic or not.

Dollers, dollers, I am that sarcy!

No, I like freddies ears, that's what I was intrigued.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:43 - Feb 23 with 1349 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:35 - Feb 23 by vapour_trail

Dollers, dollers, I am that sarcy!

No, I like freddies ears, that's what I was intrigued.

I like his username.

I have a mate who texts me EVERY bit of football news. It's like a subscription service I can't unsubscribe from. But he has never texted me that Leicester won the Prem because they used massive amounts of steroids.

Even 'small amounts' I'd expect him to have picked up on.

Is the issue not Ranieri then, but the fact that the steroids have worn off? Have the Leicester players now all got man-boobs? I hear that's a telltale sign.

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:49 - Feb 23 with 1322 viewsStNeotsBlue

Ranieri deserves a statue at Leicester not the sack.. Their performance last night suggested they're still playing for the manager.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:51 - Feb 23 with 1315 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I imagine that if you could impose performance related pay on the squad then things would pick up pretty quickly. The fact is that if relegated they can mostly be sure of being picked up by whoever goes up and continue to feather their nests. Football is dying!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 22:07 - Feb 23 with 1271 viewsmonty_radio

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:49 - Feb 23 by StNeotsBlue

Ranieri deserves a statue at Leicester not the sack.. Their performance last night suggested they're still playing for the manager.

In the light of the craziness that is modern football he'll probably get a statue as well as the sack, unveiled by the next incumbent!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 22:09 - Feb 23 with 1263 viewsPJH

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:06 - Feb 23 by The_Romford_Blue

How on earth could staying in it be better than winning it

From the clubs(Owners) point of view it is more important.

For 2 or possibly 3 clubs in the PL winning it is the important thing.
For about 4 more finishing in the top 4 is the most important thing.
For maybe a couple more qualifying for Europa League is the aim.
For the rest the aim is to stay in it.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 22:14 - Feb 23 with 1238 viewsPJH

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:02 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

Well I can say what I think if it were my club. If Mick had taken us up and then won the Prem I'd happily see the club give him a job for life, the mayor give him the freedom of the city, and I'd give him the freedom of my girlfriend (and Terry can have a go too).

I am pretty confident in saying that I will sadly never see Ipswich Town win the league.

Leicester fans can say they did see it, against remarkable odds. That should be worth something?

On reflection you are right from the viewpoint of a supporter on the inside of the club involved.

I still maintain that from the viewpoint of the people that have to make the decision I think sacking him in an attempt to retain their PL status is the logical thing to do because with Ranieri there I do not think they had much chance of retaining their PL status-now they might have a chance.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 23:02 - Feb 23 with 1170 viewsbournemouthblue

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 23 by PJH

If he has been then that might save them from relegation because I think they have looked like a team heading for the drop for a while.
Somebody else might be able to keep them up but I do not/did not think Ranieri would.

It can either accelerate their implosion or just about halt the slide

We will see

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 23:52 - Feb 23 with 1118 viewsRocky

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 23:02 - Feb 23 by bournemouthblue

We will see

Even if it halts the slide, even if they stay up - where does that leave their reputation now? Couldn't Ranieri have achieved their safety also?
They have just lost the massive public support they once had.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 23:58 - Feb 23 with 1102 viewsRyorry

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 23:02 - Feb 23 by bournemouthblue

We will see

They must be relying on the "new manager boost even if it's only temporary" to springboard them away from the bottom 3; they know how hard it is to get out of the Ch'ship & feel they can't risk it. Not nice, but as others have said, that's modern moneyball - sorry, football.

I too no longer have any interest in watching MotD; non-league seems far more attractive, esp with clubs like Lincoln & Sutton showing the way in the FAC.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 23:58 - Feb 23 with 1101 viewsstonojnr

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 22:14 - Feb 23 by PJH

On reflection you are right from the viewpoint of a supporter on the inside of the club involved.

I still maintain that from the viewpoint of the people that have to make the decision I think sacking him in an attempt to retain their PL status is the logical thing to do because with Ranieri there I do not think they had much chance of retaining their PL status-now they might have a chance.

yeah with the likes of Alan Pardew being linked with the job, bound to stay up.

look its back to the same old record, 40pts is their target, 13 games left, 19 pts for Leicester to get, and they get to play all 3 clubs below them 2 of which at home.

hilariously of course one of those games is next week, so the new manager whoever they end up being, and they need to be in at least by then to have any effect, as I assume it will be a caretaker for Mondays game at Liverpool, basically gets a 6pointer as their first game against Hull.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 01:39 - Feb 24 with 1062 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Unfortunately they can't get rid of the players who they mistakenly put on massive contracts and who have now "made it" and can't reach the levels of last year again. It was always going to be difficult
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 02:57 - Feb 24 with 1044 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:23 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

Well I'm stunned. I didn't have you down as the 'modern football fan' type.

I know most managers don't get much time these days, but 6 (footballing) months after winning the league at 5000-1?! Come on!

It's plain wrong. Simple as that.

I don't think it's so much being a modern football fan as recognising that it's the way modern football works these days

Do you see any signs that Leicester were going to turn the corner under Ranieri, based on these recent results?

Leicester 0-3 Chelsea
Southampton 3-0 Leicester
Derby 2-2 Leicester
Burnley 1-0 Leicester
Leicester 0-3 Man Utd
Leicester 3-1 Derby
Swansea 2-0 Leicester
Millwall 1-0 Leicester
Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 07:17 - Feb 24 with 1016 viewsNo9

From BBC sport
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39070927
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 08:19 - Feb 24 with 1000 viewsitfcjoe

It's sad, but I think on balance it was the right decision - Leicester were going down and you just can't afford to do that.

Relegation is a financial disaster for any club, especially one with players earning huge money on long contracts, and you can't allow that to happen without at least having a go at something else.

Ranieri looks shot, has he lost his edge like the players have? Been chasing a title his whole career, a perennial runner-up and at 65(?) gets one and doesn't have the drive any more? Like all the players - it is an achievement that will never be repeated by them, they have reached their pinnacle and it's only down from here.

It's really sad, but not sure the owners had a choice and felt their statement was very honest and fair.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 10:18 - Feb 24 with 964 viewsoldbluestu

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 08:19 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

It's sad, but I think on balance it was the right decision - Leicester were going down and you just can't afford to do that.

Relegation is a financial disaster for any club, especially one with players earning huge money on long contracts, and you can't allow that to happen without at least having a go at something else.

Ranieri looks shot, has he lost his edge like the players have? Been chasing a title his whole career, a perennial runner-up and at 65(?) gets one and doesn't have the drive any more? Like all the players - it is an achievement that will never be repeated by them, they have reached their pinnacle and it's only down from here.

It's really sad, but not sure the owners had a choice and felt their statement was very honest and fair.

But what about the players?

Don't they deserve to be sacked?

Vardy is paid £100k a week, that should equal a goal a game.

Trouble is players like Vardy are average championship players at best and it was only Kante who made them look good last season. Unfortunately for the rest of the players Kante knew he had carried the rest of the team last season and popped off to Chelsea.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 10:41 - Feb 24 with 940 viewsSuperfrans

There has been a lot of ridiculous hand-wringing about Ranieri losing his job. Of course he needs to lose his job.

He did a great job last season but, if they get relegated, Leicester could be bust within 18 months. If we were in the same situation, I would be wanting us to do the same. It wouldn't be a pleasant thing to do, but it would be necessary.

After winning the title, they spent large sums on new players, put their existing players on lucrative new contracts, all of which are likely to be 2/3 year deals. If they go down, they'll be on parachute payments, of course, but they will be unlikely to cover their current cost base over the coming 2/3 years. They will be in big trouble.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 10:49 - Feb 24 with 931 viewsSuperfrans

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:02 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

Well I can say what I think if it were my club. If Mick had taken us up and then won the Prem I'd happily see the club give him a job for life, the mayor give him the freedom of the city, and I'd give him the freedom of my girlfriend (and Terry can have a go too).

I am pretty confident in saying that I will sadly never see Ipswich Town win the league.

Leicester fans can say they did see it, against remarkable odds. That should be worth something?

I would agree with all of this, if it were not for the fact that Leicester will be in serious financial trouble if they go down. They have loaded their squad with expensive players and need to stay up to stabilise.

If Mick took us to the title and we were relegated (or close to) the following season, I would give him (or any manager) the chance to bring us back up again. But, if he was about to take us down and the consequence of this was possible administration, I'd accept that staying up was paramount and do whatever is required to do so.

If we could bring in a new manager while remaining on decent terms with Mick (kicking him upstairs, to a new role) then great. But the club and its survival comes first.

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 10:50 - Feb 24 with 927 viewsSuperfrans

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 10:18 - Feb 24 by oldbluestu

But what about the players?

Don't they deserve to be sacked?

Vardy is paid £100k a week, that should equal a goal a game.

Trouble is players like Vardy are average championship players at best and it was only Kante who made them look good last season. Unfortunately for the rest of the players Kante knew he had carried the rest of the team last season and popped off to Chelsea.

They do (deserve to be sacked). But the practical realities are that you can't sack an entire squad/team with 15 games left and expect to stay up.

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 11:03 - Feb 24 with 906 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 10:49 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

I would agree with all of this, if it were not for the fact that Leicester will be in serious financial trouble if they go down. They have loaded their squad with expensive players and need to stay up to stabilise.

If Mick took us to the title and we were relegated (or close to) the following season, I would give him (or any manager) the chance to bring us back up again. But, if he was about to take us down and the consequence of this was possible administration, I'd accept that staying up was paramount and do whatever is required to do so.

If we could bring in a new manager while remaining on decent terms with Mick (kicking him upstairs, to a new role) then great. But the club and its survival comes first.

How do you know the intricate details of Leicester's finances and that they'll be in trouble if relegated?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 11:07 - Feb 24 with 901 viewsReuser_is_God

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 10:41 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

There has been a lot of ridiculous hand-wringing about Ranieri losing his job. Of course he needs to lose his job.

He did a great job last season but, if they get relegated, Leicester could be bust within 18 months. If we were in the same situation, I would be wanting us to do the same. It wouldn't be a pleasant thing to do, but it would be necessary.

After winning the title, they spent large sums on new players, put their existing players on lucrative new contracts, all of which are likely to be 2/3 year deals. If they go down, they'll be on parachute payments, of course, but they will be unlikely to cover their current cost base over the coming 2/3 years. They will be in big trouble.

Agree.

It's sad but you can clearly see why they've had to do this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 11:12 - Feb 24 with 883 viewsoldbluestu

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 10:41 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

Which is why I said last night oohh if only the incompetent Sheepshanks had reacted in the same way and sacked the incompetent Burley as we headed towards the bottom of the Prem, thus avoiding relegation and administration?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024