Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) 19:54 - Feb 23 with 6005 viewsgmanrom

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:46 - Feb 23 with 826 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:34 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

Of course it's ridiculous. He won them the league at odds of 5000-1 last season. One of the greatest sporting achievements (not just football) in history.

Most Leicester fans would never have witnessed that in their lifetime if it wasn't for him. Less than a season later and he's sacked because they're struggling?! Where is the loyalty?

The ungrateful barstewards. He should have had the job for life after that achievement.

They seemed to have done it in the most gracious way possible, and Ranieri might feel as if he has left amicably.

What did someone say yesterday about leaving at the right time? What if they are midtable in The Championship and he's getting booed?

Poll: Best Football Song

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:47 - Feb 23 with 824 viewsPJH

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:45 - Feb 23 by vapour_trail

Whilst I hold you as one of the more knowledgeable itfc experts on here, I can't be having that final statement.

Winning it once is worth more than twenty years bouncing around in it.

To the supporters no doubt but probably not to the Owners.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:47 - Feb 23 with 818 viewsm14_blue

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:41 - Feb 23 by PJH

I don't think any of us can say what we would think if it was 'our' club.

I have said on this and other threads that from the outside sacking him looks to be the only thing that might keep them in the PL and for a club like Leicester I would think that staying in the PL is more important than winning it.

'Staying in the Premier League is more important than winning it'.

Probably true and how incredibly depressing. Modern football can kiss my harris. I'll take championship football and a win at Norwich.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:47 - Feb 23 with 818 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:37 - Feb 23 by The_Romford_Blue

If I was a Leicester fan, I'd prefer sticking with the biggest legend they've ever had. Sticking with the man who took Leicester city to the champions league and won them the title.

Id prefer sticking with the manager that brought all of those moments even if they get relegated rather than sack him.

Absolutely.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:50 - Feb 23 with 793 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:36 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

No such thing as loyalty then?

Sorry, I prefer winning myself

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:52 - Feb 23 with 780 viewsoldbluestu

Biggest mistake was keeping players like Vardy he was only ever going to be a one season wonder and then offering him £100k week was always going to go to his head

But to sack a manager who gave you the greatest moment in your history within 9 months is crazy, hope they get relegated now
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 20:55]
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:54 - Feb 23 with 767 viewsvapour_trail

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:50 - Feb 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

They did win. Big time. By this analysis we should have sacked Robson in the 77/78 season regardless of his previous.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:55 - Feb 23 with 759 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:46 - Feb 23 by RoyKeanesDog

They seemed to have done it in the most gracious way possible, and Ranieri might feel as if he has left amicably.

What did someone say yesterday about leaving at the right time? What if they are midtable in The Championship and he's getting booed?

Disagree. I don't think sacking the man who's won you the league against all odds is gracious at all. And your mid-table Champ booing scenario would've been unlikely IMO. If they do go down I'd expect them to be up there a la Newcastle.

Login to get fewer ads

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:55 - Feb 23 with 757 viewsRocky

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:34 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

Of course it's ridiculous. He won them the league at odds of 5000-1 last season. One of the greatest sporting achievements (not just football) in history.

Most Leicester fans would never have witnessed that in their lifetime if it wasn't for him. Less than a season later and he's sacked because they're struggling?! Where is the loyalty?

The ungrateful barstewards. He should have had the job for life after that achievement.

Quite. How anyone on here can support the dismissal of a manager who was good enough to win the league only a few months before is beyond belief.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:56 - Feb 23 with 746 viewsvapour_trail

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:47 - Feb 23 by PJH

To the supporters no doubt but probably not to the Owners.

Ah ok, I was coming from the supporter angle.

I'm not anticipating needing to have the owner angle any time soon.

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:57 - Feb 23 with 737 viewsvapour_trail

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:52 - Feb 23 by oldbluestu

Biggest mistake was keeping players like Vardy he was only ever going to be a one season wonder and then offering him £100k week was always going to go to his head

But to sack a manager who gave you the greatest moment in your history within 9 months is crazy, hope they get relegated now
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 20:55]

I was having a convo about this in the pub last night. Bet they wished they'd banked that 30m from arsenal for vardy.

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 718 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:54 - Feb 23 by vapour_trail

They did win. Big time. By this analysis we should have sacked Robson in the 77/78 season regardless of his previous.

Yes last season - this season they're in freefall and seemingly getting worse by the month

I think football was a bit different back then, today the stakes are clearly much higher. And yes, I agree that isn't really a good thing, but it's reality unfortunately

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 720 viewsFreddies_Ears

Leicester a total joke. Cheated their way to a title thanks to massive use of steroids, plus a bit of defensive brutality.

I am totally ungutted for them.
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:02 - Feb 23 with 697 viewsDolly2.0

I have said on this and other threads that from the outside sacking him looks to be the only thing that might keep them in the PL and for a club like Leicester I would think that staying in the PL is more important than winning it.

Well I can say what I think if it were my club. If Mick had taken us up and then won the Prem I'd happily see the club give him a job for life, the mayor give him the freedom of the city, and I'd give him the freedom of my girlfriend (and Terry can have a go too).

I am pretty confident in saying that I will sadly never see Ipswich Town win the league.

Leicester fans can say they did see it, against remarkable odds. That should be worth something?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:04 - Feb 23 with 689 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:50 - Feb 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

They won the league.

Do you want a stick to go with your moon?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 23 with 670 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:04 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

They won the league.

Do you want a stick to go with your moon?

Yes, last season. When did they last win a game?

It's not wanting the moon on a stick, it's recognising that someone who was fanastic in the past is no longer the best person in the present

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:06 - Feb 23 with 670 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

How on earth could staying in it be better than winning it

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:07 - Feb 23 with 661 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:00 - Feb 23 by Freddies_Ears

Leicester a total joke. Cheated their way to a title thanks to massive use of steroids, plus a bit of defensive brutality.

I am totally ungutted for them.

A massive use of steroids?!??!?!?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:09 - Feb 23 with 648 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It's not wanting the moon on a stick, it's recognising that someone who was fanastic in the past is no longer the best person in the present

But surely he's earnt the right to have a bad season after a ridiculously unbelievable one where LEICESTER CITY won the premier league at 5000/1

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:13 - Feb 23 with 627 viewsaeldun

Dilly-ding, Dilly-gone
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:15 - Feb 23 with 619 viewsvapour_trail

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:07 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

A massive use of steroids?!??!?!?

I was wondering too. Freddie?

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:17 - Feb 23 with 612 viewsoldbluestu

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

but then neither are the players so sack them
Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:17 - Feb 23 with 612 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 20:55 - Feb 23 by Dolly2.0

Disagree. I don't think sacking the man who's won you the league against all odds is gracious at all. And your mid-table Champ booing scenario would've been unlikely IMO. If they do go down I'd expect them to be up there a la Newcastle.

Yes, Leicester are bound to do the likely scenario!

Poll: Best Football Song

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:23 - Feb 23 with 577 viewsDolly2.0

Well I'm stunned. I didn't have you down as the 'modern football fan' type.

I know most managers don't get much time these days, but 6 (footballing) months after winning the league at 5000-1?! Come on!

It's plain wrong. Simple as that.

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:25 - Feb 23 with 572 viewsDolly2.0

Rumours that ranieri has been sacked (n/t) on 21:15 - Feb 23 by vapour_trail

I was wondering too. Freddie?

I'd have thought that would've been on the news or something?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024