Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD 21:05 - Feb 23 with 18250 viewsPhilTWTD

Copies of Game Changers, the new book about story of Blues legends Arnold Mühren and Frans Thijssen, are on sale from TWTD.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31211/buy-m%C3%BChren-and-thijssen-book-

Frans, Arnold and Jonny Williams on Life's a Pitch: http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/399582/frans-arnold-and-jonny-on-lifes-a-pitch#39958

ITV Anglia piece with Frans, Arnold and Game Changers author Tom van Hulsen: http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/399725/itv-anglia-piece-with-frans-arnold-and-game-c
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 18:05 - Feb 24 with 18029 viewsbluejake78

I was there at Bolton when I realised the flying Dutchmen were a priceless investment.Brazil and Warkie were also quite good. Worthingtons goal was worth the journey in an Abbot Ale transit farting for pleasure...I'm sure my DM's turned green.
http://watchthismatch.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/bolton-wanderers-2-1-ipswich-town-3
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 18:07]
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 19:35 - Feb 24 with 18012 viewsnshearman1

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 18:05 - Feb 24 by bluejake78

I was there at Bolton when I realised the flying Dutchmen were a priceless investment.Brazil and Warkie were also quite good. Worthingtons goal was worth the journey in an Abbot Ale transit farting for pleasure...I'm sure my DM's turned green.
http://watchthismatch.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/bolton-wanderers-2-1-ipswich-town-3
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 18:07]

Loved singing 'Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio' to the Bolton fans as they departed early! My girlfriend nearly had her clogs confiscated as a dangerous weapon...
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 00:12 - Feb 25 with 17962 viewsbluejake78

We walked back to the transit and Bolton fans were brilliant...how football should be.
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 00:14 - Feb 25 with 17957 viewsbluejake78

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 00:12 - Feb 25 by bluejake78

We walked back to the transit and Bolton fans were brilliant...how football should be.

Fat Sam even scored a goal.
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 12:03 - Feb 28 with 17424 viewsIpswichChris

Are the books hardcover?
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 13:10 - Feb 28 with 17403 viewsMedwayTractor

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 12:03 - Feb 28 by IpswichChris

Are the books hardcover?

No

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 15:12 - Mar 11 with 16373 viewsbgexile

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 13:10 - Feb 28 by MedwayTractor

No

My copy arrived in Sofia today; looking forward to it.
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 15:09 - Mar 13 with 16105 viewsPhilTWTD

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 15:12 - Mar 11 by bgexile

My copy arrived in Sofia today; looking forward to it.

Glad it got there, took a while! I remember posting it, only one we've sent to Bulgaria.
Login to get fewer ads

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 07:30 - Mar 14 with 16004 viewsbgexile

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 15:09 - Mar 13 by PhilTWTD

Glad it got there, took a while! I remember posting it, only one we've sent to Bulgaria.

Yes
It is indeed a great trip down memory lane to our greatest ever team. If you weren't there at the time, it's hard to understand just how bloody good we were and what a difference those 2 made.
However, Mel Henderson is no editor I'm afraid. Whilst it isn't Google Translate it is often clumsy and awkward. I'm sure it's a good technical translation but that's only half the job. It needs a radical edit to turn it into English English and not Dutch English. It doesn't read like our football was back then; fast, flowing and fluent.
It also has numerous punctuation errors. I'd be happy to re-edit it if anyone was interested.
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 08:24 - Mar 14 with 15991 viewsSteve_M

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 07:30 - Mar 14 by bgexile

Yes
It is indeed a great trip down memory lane to our greatest ever team. If you weren't there at the time, it's hard to understand just how bloody good we were and what a difference those 2 made.
However, Mel Henderson is no editor I'm afraid. Whilst it isn't Google Translate it is often clumsy and awkward. I'm sure it's a good technical translation but that's only half the job. It needs a radical edit to turn it into English English and not Dutch English. It doesn't read like our football was back then; fast, flowing and fluent.
It also has numerous punctuation errors. I'd be happy to re-edit it if anyone was interested.

I thought it just read like long-from journalism and enjoyed it on that basis. I've read some truly clunky stuff by Henderson - the over-use of 'yours truly' really grates - and this wasn't that bad.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 19:30 - Mar 14 with 15915 viewsgood_at_COD

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 08:24 - Mar 14 by Steve_M

I thought it just read like long-from journalism and enjoyed it on that basis. I've read some truly clunky stuff by Henderson - the over-use of 'yours truly' really grates - and this wasn't that bad.

Excuse my ignorance - what's long-from journalism? You should get bgexile to edit your posts!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 19:34]

Giggsy

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 10:48 - Mar 15 with 15798 viewsSteve_M

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 19:30 - Mar 14 by good_at_COD

Excuse my ignorance - what's long-from journalism? You should get bgexile to edit your posts!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 19:34]

Simple typo, 'long-form journalism'. The book reads more like contemporaneous news reporting than anything else.

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 10:54 - Mar 15 with 15796 viewsPJH

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 10:48 - Mar 15 by Steve_M

Simple typo, 'long-form journalism'. The book reads more like contemporaneous news reporting than anything else.

In the case of this book I think that that is a good thing.
For those of us that were there it puts us back there again.
I enjoyed reading it.
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 13:22 - Mar 15 with 15764 viewsSteve_M

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 10:54 - Mar 15 by PJH

In the case of this book I think that that is a good thing.
For those of us that were there it puts us back there again.
I enjoyed reading it.

Indeed, and it's an enjoyable read even for those of us too young to have seen it - I do remember the open-top bus parade after the UEFA Cup win though.

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 14:24 - Mar 16 with 15555 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I got the Dutch version when it came out, signed and all.

Het Geheim Van Ipswich.

Two of my top five Ipswich players ever. Along with Wark, Magilton and Butcher.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 08:41 - Mar 17 with 15418 viewsartsbossbeard

Cheers Phil. Ordered yesterday, received today.

Super, that's my holiday flight reading sorted.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 14:41 - Mar 17 with 15343 viewsLord_Lucan

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 08:41 - Mar 17 by artsbossbeard

Cheers Phil. Ordered yesterday, received today.

Super, that's my holiday flight reading sorted.

Thought you might had paid for mine seeing as I bought you the Dutch version.

Gravy train my arse.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 15:03 - Mar 17 with 15319 viewsartsbossbeard

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 14:41 - Mar 17 by Lord_Lucan

Thought you might had paid for mine seeing as I bought you the Dutch version.

Gravy train my arse.

It's a fair cop.

You can have my copy on my return from Trumpyland.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 15:37 - Mar 17 with 15292 viewsLord_Lucan

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 15:03 - Mar 17 by artsbossbeard

It's a fair cop.

You can have my copy on my return from Trumpyland.

I've got it. You can buy me something of equivalent value.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 13:09 - Apr 12 with 12872 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 15:09 - Mar 13 by PhilTWTD

I was discussing the chapter on "Mr John" yesterday with my Dad who was in full flow about what a character he was. And, inevitably, my Dad managed to move the conversation on to Ted Phillips, his hero. He reckons Mariner and Phillips up front would have been unstoppable.

Is the "Mr John" book by Mel Henderson still available, Phil? Would love to get a copy for my Dad who (understandably) finds the current football depressing.
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 22:18 - Apr 12 with 12814 viewsLord_Lucan

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 13:09 - Apr 12 by CBMTOBWMMBG

I was discussing the chapter on "Mr John" yesterday with my Dad who was in full flow about what a character he was. And, inevitably, my Dad managed to move the conversation on to Ted Phillips, his hero. He reckons Mariner and Phillips up front would have been unstoppable.

Is the "Mr John" book by Mel Henderson still available, Phil? Would love to get a copy for my Dad who (understandably) finds the current football depressing.

If you can't get it - for a reasonable price - you can borrow mine as long as you send it back.

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 09:38 - Apr 13 with 12776 viewsPhilTWTD

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 13:09 - Apr 12 by CBMTOBWMMBG

No longer on Amazon so I think you'll have to look for a secondhand copy, I'm afraid.
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 09:50 - Apr 13 with 12767 viewsITFC1983

Very difficult to find, 2nd hand on Amazon is £40+ P&P and there don't seem to be many anywhere else. I regularly check most online booksellers.

I managed to get mine cheap but I want to keep it. I would take Lucan up on the 'loan' as it would be the cheapest way of getting hold of one right now!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 10:40 - Apr 13 with 12749 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 22:18 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

If you can't get it - for a reasonable price - you can borrow mine as long as you send it back.

That would be very kind, thank you
Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 20:08 - Apr 14 with 12558 viewsSuperfrans

Buy Mühren and Thijssen Book Game Changers From TWTD on 09:50 - Apr 13 by ITFC1983

Very difficult to find, 2nd hand on Amazon is £40+ P&P and there don't seem to be many anywhere else. I regularly check most online booksellers.

I managed to get mine cheap but I want to keep it. I would take Lucan up on the 'loan' as it would be the cheapest way of getting hold of one right now!

Planet Blue should try to keep plenty of all of the Town books in stock. There aren't that many of them and there must be decent ongoing demand.

Another place worth checking is the fella who runs the programme stall in Portman Road, opposite the entrance to the Sir Alf stand. He's there pretty much every match and has lots of stuff - might have a few books or may be able to source one.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024