Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) 11:14 - Feb 24 with 6685 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:15 - Feb 24 with 2402 viewsSteve_M

You think he is competent enough to do that?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:18 - Feb 24 with 2395 viewsGlasgowBlue

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:15 - Feb 24 by Steve_M

You think he is competent enough to do that?

Delusional

Iron Lion Zion

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:21 - Feb 24 with 2380 viewsnrb1985

He won't.

He's a Marxist who believes that social revolution comes from the grass roots and on the streets. Therefore being in power is not key to his agenda.

Thus, this result is unlikely to deter him at all.
What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:48 - Feb 24 with 2329 viewsGlasgowBlue

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:21 - Feb 24 by nrb1985

He won't.

He's a Marxist who believes that social revolution comes from the grass roots and on the streets. Therefore being in power is not key to his agenda.

Thus, this result is unlikely to deter him at all.

Good news for the Tory party. Not so good for democracy.

Do you think the PLP will move on him again this summer?

Iron Lion Zion

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:58 - Feb 24 with 2310 viewsconnorscontract

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:48 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

It's dreadful for democracy, and also bad news for any One Nation Tory as May is drifting right and receiving feedback from the polls that this is a) being well received and b) necessary as UKIP could be terminally neutered at the next General Election with that strategy.

I said it ages ago, but the best thing fir Parliamentary Democracy would be for 150 or so pro-Europe Labour MP's to jump to the Lib Dems and allow Farron to become Leader of the Opposition. When I suggested it it might have given him enough time to build a profile to fight the next General Election. Now it would still be an improvement on the Shadow of a Leader of an Opposition.
What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:02 - Feb 24 with 2295 viewsGlasgowBlue

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:58 - Feb 24 by connorscontract

It's dreadful for democracy, and also bad news for any One Nation Tory as May is drifting right and receiving feedback from the polls that this is a) being well received and b) necessary as UKIP could be terminally neutered at the next General Election with that strategy.

I said it ages ago, but the best thing fir Parliamentary Democracy would be for 150 or so pro-Europe Labour MP's to jump to the Lib Dems and allow Farron to become Leader of the Opposition. When I suggested it it might have given him enough time to build a profile to fight the next General Election. Now it would still be an improvement on the Shadow of a Leader of an Opposition.

Surely last night's results show that Brexit isn't the issue. Otherwise Nuttal would have won Stoke. People seemed to have moved on and accepted the referendum.

I agree with you that there is a gap in the market for a centralist breakaway party but to make it a one issue party would see it as the anti UKIP and without proportional representation would usually come second or third in most seats.

Iron Lion Zion

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:03 - Feb 24 with 2295 viewsgiant_stow

He'll cling on with his morals and principles intact while the country goes to sh1t and the people he's supposed to represent suffer. bravo left-wingers, bravo.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:34 - Feb 24 with 2239 viewsnrb1985

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 11:48 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Only if they feel that there has been a change in the mentality of core party members. Another failed coup would probably be counter productive.

I think good news for the Tory party is probably bad news for everybody as the continue to move to the right.
Login to get fewer ads

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:37 - Feb 24 with 2225 viewsBenters

I said from day one the bloke is a waste of space .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:42 - Feb 24 with 2218 viewslowhouseblue

there is an element of him now being there against his own wishes. he isn't enjoying it, he knows he is failing, the strain is crushing, but McDonnell won't let him go while the plp can still choose the candidates in the next leadership contest. to some extent corbyn is being held hostage. poor chap.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:45 - Feb 24 with 2194 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

David Milliband to hold a sword and Tony Blair to push him onto it !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:48 - Feb 24 with 2184 viewsTollycobbold

A dodgy cobble stone?
What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:49 - Feb 24 with 2181 viewsnrb1985

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:45 - Feb 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

David Milliband to hold a sword and Tony Blair to push him onto it !

If they'd elected David instead of Ed then I doubt we'd be in this mess at all. Suspect David would have won in 2015.

As for Blair, I really do hope he's positioning for a return. By God do we need him now more than ever.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 12:50]
What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:55 - Feb 24 with 2150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:49 - Feb 24 by nrb1985

If they'd elected David instead of Ed then I doubt we'd be in this mess at all. Suspect David would have won in 2015.

As for Blair, I really do hope he's positioning for a return. By God do we need him now more than ever.

......but he had to pop off to 'International Rescue' first ! Spend some time saving the planet before more local issues......or was it to nurse his pride/ego ?

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:01 - Feb 24 with 2138 viewsnrb1985

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:55 - Feb 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

......but he had to pop off to 'International Rescue' first ! Spend some time saving the planet before more local issues......or was it to nurse his pride/ego ?

In today's world of Politicians pssy grabbing, mocking disabled people, £350m to the NHS, lying about Hillsborough, standing in front of posters of syrian refugess saying "they're coming" - I really don't think anbody should hold much of a grudge against either of the people you mentioned.
What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:13 - Feb 24 with 2100 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:01 - Feb 24 by nrb1985

In today's world of Politicians pssy grabbing, mocking disabled people, £350m to the NHS, lying about Hillsborough, standing in front of posters of syrian refugess saying "they're coming" - I really don't think anbody should hold much of a grudge against either of the people you mentioned.

Mmmm!
Unfortunately the problems you list are, in part at least, are response to the soulless politics of said two ! (More than happy to take the working class votes for granted and serve their upper/middle class + corporate masters)
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 13:17]

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:25 - Feb 24 with 2073 viewsbluelagos

Just heard Shami Chakrabarti on R2 and apparently yesterday's result was partly down to the weather.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 14:05]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:29 - Feb 24 with 2056 viewslowhouseblue

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:25 - Feb 24 by bluelagos

Just heard Shami Chakrabarti on R2 and apparently yesterday's result was partly down to the weather.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 14:05]

give her a peerage and she'll say whatever you want.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:32 - Feb 24 with 2041 viewsbluelagos

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:29 - Feb 24 by lowhouseblue

give her a peerage and she'll say whatever you want.

So it seems. For someone who this time last year wasn't ever a Labour party member, she seems quite adept at adopting the party line.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:38 - Feb 24 with 2020 viewsnrb1985

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 13:13 - Feb 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Mmmm!
Unfortunately the problems you list are, in part at least, are response to the soulless politics of said two ! (More than happy to take the working class votes for granted and serve their upper/middle class + corporate masters)
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 13:17]

The working class are disilusioned due to be being left behind by Globalisation. Globalisation is not a policy of government.
What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 14:57 - Feb 24 with 1940 viewsgerard1947

Not good news for the country I suggest. We need a strong opposition what ever party is in. I fear it will get worse. I can see several of the better labour MPs deciding to stand down at the next election. I was talking to Alan Johnson just before Christmas. I'll be very surprised if he stands again.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 14:58]
What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 15:01 - Feb 24 with 1920 viewsGlasgowBlue

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 14:57 - Feb 24 by gerard1947

Not good news for the country I suggest. We need a strong opposition what ever party is in. I fear it will get worse. I can see several of the better labour MPs deciding to stand down at the next election. I was talking to Alan Johnson just before Christmas. I'll be very surprised if he stands again.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 14:58]

I think any Labour MP with a majority of 5000 or less will be thinking about looking for an alternative career before the next election comes along.

Iron Lion Zion

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 15:05 - Feb 24 with 1894 viewsJ2BLUE

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 12:49 - Feb 24 by nrb1985

If we leave the EU, could Blair still be President? Or do we have to remain members? I'm sure he's only looking out for himself. Imagine if Brexit was reversed and he became EU president. There would be riots.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 15:08 - Feb 24 with 1890 viewslowhouseblue

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 15:01 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

I think any Labour MP with a majority of 5000 or less will be thinking about looking for an alternative career before the next election comes along.

electing labour mps is so 1997. jeremy has a huge mandate, why would he need mps?

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 15:08 - Feb 24 with 1889 viewsgiant_stow

What will it take for Corbyn to fall on his sword? (n/t) on 15:01 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

and the timing couldn't be worse - just when we needed someone to stand up to the Brexit mob, the opposite is happening - a free hand for the swivelled-eyed.

Do you think if we ask Theresa really nicely, she'll be gentle with our shafting at least?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024