Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women and big cars 09:57 - Feb 25 with 5906 viewscruncher

They just don't go together just watched a women spend fives minutes parking a big people carrier car women just shouldn't be allowed to drive them if they can't prove they are worthy it's like watching a kid park she had no idea.
I think to buy one or own one you must prove you can control the car ,park it and al things within the Highway Code ou are expected to do while behind the wheel it's just embarrassing.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 11:03]
Women and big cars on 18:49 - Feb 25 with 802 viewsRyorry

Women and big cars on 18:27 - Feb 25 by benno1uk

Yeah I'm not really referring to the occasional landrover that is clearly for agricultural use. More the Chelsea tractor / Range Rover Sport / Audi Q7 brigade. Anyway I'm sure people survive in rural areas without the need for a 4x4. Most of France is rural and a battered Renault Clio seems to suffice.

Errr - but the weather in most of France is rather different to most of the UK!

Most of the landies here aren't for agricultural use (tho 2 of my neighbours are farmers) - they're used to access off-road areas, tow trailers of various kinds, get through mud in summer & snow in winter, carry heavy stuff etc. Some of my other neighbours include 2 vets, a garage owner, a landscape gardener and a builder. Personally, being tall & having spinal problems, I find landies are the only vehicle which gives me a straight up seat with sufficient headroom to mean my head doesnt go thru the roof!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Women and big cars on 18:50 - Feb 25 with 802 viewsRyorry

Women and big cars on 17:53 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I give in you're clearly more woman than I can handle .

Women and big cars on 19:00 - Feb 25 with 783 viewsbenno1uk

Women and big cars on 18:49 - Feb 25 by Ryorry

Errr - but the weather in most of France is rather different to most of the UK!

Most of the landies here aren't for agricultural use (tho 2 of my neighbours are farmers) - they're used to access off-road areas, tow trailers of various kinds, get through mud in summer & snow in winter, carry heavy stuff etc. Some of my other neighbours include 2 vets, a garage owner, a landscape gardener and a builder. Personally, being tall & having spinal problems, I find landies are the only vehicle which gives me a straight up seat with sufficient headroom to mean my head doesnt go thru the roof!

Yeah the Alps aren't a patch on Stowmarket
Women and big cars on 19:04 - Feb 25 with 769 viewsRyorry

Women and big cars on 19:00 - Feb 25 by benno1uk

Yeah the Alps aren't a patch on Stowmarket

They're allowed chains on their tyres tho?

And most of France isn't in the Alps, obv!

They may also get their minor rural roads gritted occasionally when weather requires it - don't think our local minors have been gritted for 10 years!

Wouldn't mind betting most of rural France's weather is a lot drier in Spring/Summer/Autumn too.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 19:06]

Women and big cars on 19:50 - Feb 25 with 717 viewsimsureazzure

Women and big cars on 11:30 - Feb 25 by Bluebell

Sorry but you are not right on this one!

I find women are much more careful when parking because very often they have children in the back. Added to that they seem a lot more conscious about avoiding damage to their vehicles.

Men, on the other hand, always seem to be in a hurry, treat their 'big ' cars like penis extensions and don't give a damn how they park.

Not strictly true, in the average car park the number of cars reverse parked by women drivers is minimal, this is by far the safest way to park.

Lady drivers in 4x4 tend to not trust them to handle the verge let alone go off road.
Women and big cars on 19:55 - Feb 25 with 708 viewsRyorry

Women and big cars on 19:50 - Feb 25 by imsureazzure

Not strictly true, in the average car park the number of cars reverse parked by women drivers is minimal, this is by far the safest way to park.

Lady drivers in 4x4 tend to not trust them to handle the verge let alone go off road.

Link to properly conducted survey please, cheers in advance :)

Re my previous comment on snowchains, they are actually legal in the UK as long as they're removed before driving onto roads not covered by snow/ice. That would make them impractical in most locations & situations.

Women and big cars on 19:57 - Feb 25 with 704 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not sure this adds much, and I wouldn't extrapolate to the whole of the female species, but my missus is absolutely farkin useless at doing anything other than driving in a straight line, quickly. She even goes round corners in straight lines. Parking? Forget it, I have to jump out to do it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Women and big cars on 20:01 - Feb 25 with 693 viewscruncher

Women and big cars on 19:57 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

Not sure this adds much, and I wouldn't extrapolate to the whole of the female species, but my missus is absolutely farkin useless at doing anything other than driving in a straight line, quickly. She even goes round corners in straight lines. Parking? Forget it, I have to jump out to do it.

Ignoring these board comments I think your point I s well valid.
Login to get fewer ads

Women and big cars on 20:06 - Feb 25 with 668 viewsimsureazzure

Women and big cars on 19:55 - Feb 25 by Ryorry

Link to properly conducted survey please, cheers in advance :)

Re my previous comment on snowchains, they are actually legal in the UK as long as they're removed before driving onto roads not covered by snow/ice. That would make them impractical in most locations & situations.

Nah, anecdotal observations only.

Having said that supermarket car parks are dangerous places, it seems very few can park near any type of bollard judging by the number of posts or bollards with creases in them or pushed beyond the perpendicular.
Women and big cars on 22:59 - Feb 25 with 605 viewseireblue

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9047627/Women-are-better

and of course

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11605509/Women-ar
Women and big cars on 23:40 - Feb 25 with 555 viewshoppy

Wow, this thread took me rather by surprise...

But then again, perhaps I should've zoomed in a bit to read the thread title...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024