Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borussia Dortmund 10:19 - Feb 25 with 2230 viewsmos

What a fantastic club!

You can get an adult season ticket there for 110 pounds, there's an 80,000 people capacity. And not only that, their average attendance is 80,000 too!

They also have that 'Yellow Wall' which is basically a better North Stand - look up some pictures of the yellow wall, it is amazing.

Great club, shame ticket prices in England aren't like that in Germany.

Edit: and I think if you want to stand in the south stand (where the yellow wall takes place, and the noisy stand) a ticket will cost you 16 euros.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 10:29]

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Borussia Dortmund on 10:36 - Feb 25 with 2177 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Really? Surprised no ones ever mentioned it before...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Borussia Dortmund on 10:38 - Feb 25 with 2159 viewsmos

Borussia Dortmund on 10:36 - Feb 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Really? Surprised no ones ever mentioned it before...

ooh

sorry

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum

Borussia Dortmund on 10:57 - Feb 25 with 2106 viewsnoggin

Yeah but if a club wants to be successful, they have to charge high prices, or something like that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Borussia Dortmund on 10:59 - Feb 25 with 2095 viewsBlue_Order

"Basically a better North Stand" is the greatest insult to The Südtribüne that I've ever seen.
Borussia Dortmund on 11:03 - Feb 25 with 2079 viewsLord_Lucan

Borussia Dortmund on 10:59 - Feb 25 by Blue_Order

"Basically a better North Stand" is the greatest insult to The Südtribüne that I've ever seen.

Looking for the elusive cup

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Borussia Dortmund on 11:07 - Feb 25 with 2068 viewschristiand

Clearly Dortmund are doing it all wrong. They need a sea of empty yellow seats to reduce their stadium capacity by half for matches. Then charge an obscene amount of money and try and justify it - saying it is the going rate!! Believe you mean Dortmund are club going nowhere fast!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Borussia Dortmund on 11:11 - Feb 25 with 2049 viewsLord_Lucan

Borussia Dortmund on 11:07 - Feb 25 by christiand

Clearly Dortmund are doing it all wrong. They need a sea of empty yellow seats to reduce their stadium capacity by half for matches. Then charge an obscene amount of money and try and justify it - saying it is the going rate!! Believe you mean Dortmund are club going nowhere fast!

Yes, and all this silly stuff where you can get a beer and food without queuing is clearly insane

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Borussia Dortmund on 11:11 - Feb 25 with 2043 viewsBlue_Order

Borussia Dortmund on 11:03 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

Looking for the elusive cup

That display was class 👍
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 11:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Borussia Dortmund on 11:20 - Feb 25 with 2018 viewsGuthrum

Borussia Dortmund on 10:57 - Feb 25 by noggin

Yeah but if a club wants to be successful, they have to charge high prices, or something like that.

Depends which country and which division you're in. What proportion of Borussia Dortmund's income is made up of season tickets and gate receipts? 16.4% - a bit of a hit there makes little difference to turnover. Advertising income alone makes nearly double that contribution to earnings.

Some Prem teams might just be able to get away with it. But in the Championship? Financial ruin - unless, like Huddersfield, the owner is prepared to foot the bill.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Borussia Dortmund on 11:26 - Feb 25 with 2004 viewsFreddies_Ears

The Spurs pricing experiment is interesting - they sold packages for their 3 Champs Lg games starting at £50 (for all 3 games), then sold their Europa Lg game at £5-£10. And sold out Wembley each time.
Even the (guaranteed sell-out) home FACQF is only £25.

It'll be fascinating to see how they price season tickets next season, at Wembley, and how that then tranlates into their new stadium the year after. My guess is (sadly), Arsenal-style high prices for season tickets, but very low rates for cups. I suppose it's a start, though.
Borussia Dortmund on 11:27 - Feb 25 with 2000 viewsjimsymBLUE

Been said a million times but football in Germany is class. Dortmund is magnificent but I'm a Hertha Berlin man, cheap flights, class city and the best football experience going for getting on the lash. Being in the middle of this lot for 90 mins is absolutely knackering...

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Borussia Dortmund on 11:28 - Feb 25 with 1994 viewsLord_Lucan

Borussia Dortmund on 11:26 - Feb 25 by Freddies_Ears

The Spurs pricing experiment is interesting - they sold packages for their 3 Champs Lg games starting at £50 (for all 3 games), then sold their Europa Lg game at £5-£10. And sold out Wembley each time.
Even the (guaranteed sell-out) home FACQF is only £25.

It'll be fascinating to see how they price season tickets next season, at Wembley, and how that then tranlates into their new stadium the year after. My guess is (sadly), Arsenal-style high prices for season tickets, but very low rates for cups. I suppose it's a start, though.

I don't understand why the played their European games at Wembley. Why was that?

Borussia Dortmund on 11:58 - Feb 25 with 1924 viewsPendejo

Borussia Dortmund on 11:28 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

I don't understand why the played their European games at Wembley. Why was that?

I'm not sure but think it is because...

Their capacity is reduced by @ 5,000 this season due to the demolition of old stands and the ongoing construction of new stand.

CL games "require" bigger than normal advertising hoardings which take out about 3 rows of seats all the way around the ground trimming another few thousand off.

They wanted their players to get used to playing at Wembley before they temporarily decamp there.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Borussia Dortmund on 12:19 - Feb 25 with 1863 viewsRaedwald_625

amazing place - if you're not from Leipzig mind.
Borussia Dortmund on 12:20 - Feb 25 with 1841 viewsBenters

Fantastic !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Borussia Dortmund on 15:15 - Feb 25 with 1664 viewsuefacup81

Borussia Dortmund on 11:27 - Feb 25 by jimsymBLUE

Been said a million times but football in Germany is class. Dortmund is magnificent but I'm a Hertha Berlin man, cheap flights, class city and the best football experience going for getting on the lash. Being in the middle of this lot for 90 mins is absolutely knackering...

Agree with you on that one. Singing „Nur Nach Hause“ in a packed Ostkurve is proper goosebumps stuff. Knocks "Singing The Blues" into a cocked hat!

Ha Ho He!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Borussia Dortmund on 20:40 - Feb 25 with 1463 viewsmos

Borussia Dortmund on 11:27 - Feb 25 by jimsymBLUE

wow.

Borussia Dortmund on 21:02 - Feb 25 with 1416 viewsbournemouthblue

The Yellow Wall is basically a better North Stand

That Yellow Wall virtually holds the capacity of our Stadium

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Borussia Dortmund on 21:25 - Feb 25 with 1369 viewsmos

Borussia Dortmund on 21:02 - Feb 25 by bournemouthblue

The Yellow Wall is basically a better North Stand

That Yellow Wall virtually holds the capacity of our Stadium

I don't know why I said that.

Maybe to explain it to someone who lived in a cave..
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 21:26]

Borussia Dortmund on 21:53 - Feb 25 with 1306 viewsNorthstandoldie

Borussia Dortmund on 20:40 - Feb 25 by mos

wow.

Don't think I'd want to be in there!
Borussia Dortmund on 21:55 - Feb 25 with 1297 viewsolimar

Borussia Dortmund on 11:58 - Feb 25 by Pendejo

I'm not sure but think it is because...

Their capacity is reduced by @ 5,000 this season due to the demolition of old stands and the ongoing construction of new stand.

CL games "require" bigger than normal advertising hoardings which take out about 3 rows of seats all the way around the ground trimming another few thousand off.

They wanted their players to get used to playing at Wembley before they temporarily decamp there.

Yeah, WHL cant provide the capacity and facilities that are demanded for Champions League in its current state.
Borussia Dortmund on 22:06 - Feb 25 with 1277 viewsRonFearonsHair

Borussia Dortmund on 22:09 - Feb 25 with 1265 viewsmos

Borussia Dortmund on 21:53 - Feb 25 by Northstandoldie

Don't think I'd want to be in there!

Blimey.

That's not right, wow.

Borussia Dortmund on 22:12 - Feb 25 with 1258 viewshorsehollerer

I was in that end for the Germany-Scotland Euro qualifier a couple of years ago. They put in temporary seating for the game (UEFA regulations?) but it was still a fantastic experience. And only about 26 euros if I remember.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024