Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a 10:59 - Feb 25 with 1845 viewsLord_Lucan

drive through Starbucks. Is it just me or is this coffee malarkey completely insane.

I propose we open a Barbucks drive through liquor emporium.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 13:58 - Feb 25 with 383 viewsAdmiralFunge

So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 11:16 - Feb 25 by J2BLUE

I didn't drink coffee until about 4 months ago. I now love Costa skinny lattes.

When we went to Milan with ITFC (TWTD), I landed at Brescia (because the rest of you selfish pr1cks had taken all the direct plane tickets to Milan, but I digress), and ordered a 'Latte', in my pidgin Italian, at the cafe at Brescia railway station.

The pretty Italian waitress asked me three times what I wanted, each time her eyebrows getting a little higher, and her smile a little wider. Thrice, I repeated that I wanted a latte.

Imagine my delight, when 5 minutes later she turned up with a large bowl of steaming hot milk for me, as if I were a cold child.

'Cafe' was an important prefix overlooked in this instance.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 14:00]

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 14:08 - Feb 25 with 354 viewsreusersfreekicks

So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 11:16 - Feb 25 by J2BLUE

I didn't drink coffee until about 4 months ago. I now love Costa skinny lattes.

Have a double espresso and stop fecking about with glorified milkshakes
So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 14:24 - Feb 25 with 336 viewssolemio

So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 11:21 - Feb 25 by J2BLUE

29. I'm sure i'll get criticised for that now.

Yes, how dare you be 29?
So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 15:55 - Feb 25 with 305 viewsBluespeed225

So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 11:06 - Feb 25 by Dubtractor

I really struggle with the concept of drive through coffee.

Surely the point of getting coffee from a starbucks, costa (or better independent vendor) is the sociable aspect of sitting and enjoying a coffee and overpriced cake?

I like caffs, sadly a dying breed. Jacks, Rendevous, hang in there, but they're no Newsteads or Nippin!
The Nippin! on 15:57 - Feb 25 with 304 viewsDyland

So I've just read that from tomorrow our town will be blessed with a on 15:55 - Feb 25 by Bluespeed225

I like caffs, sadly a dying breed. Jacks, Rendevous, hang in there, but they're no Newsteads or Nippin!

Many a stoned late night chip butty and play on the frutie.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The Nippin! on 16:01 - Feb 25 with 294 viewsLord_Lucan

The Nippin! on 15:57 - Feb 25 by Dyland

Many a stoned late night chip butty and play on the frutie.

In the Nippin? Later to become Micky Mouse?

24 hour cafe from memory, never went in there much but popped in a couple of times with Enzo the future rapist.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The Nippin! on 16:07 - Feb 25 with 286 viewsDyland

The Nippin! on 16:01 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

In the Nippin? Later to become Micky Mouse?

24 hour cafe from memory, never went in there much but popped in a couple of times with Enzo the future rapist.

It was always open. Had some mates who lived on Foxhall Road opposite the Blooming Fuchsia and we used to wander down to Nippin in the wee hours to feed the munchies. Cuppa tea, chip butties and the giggles.

The Nippin! on 16:10 - Feb 25 with 279 viewsBackToRussia

The Nippin! on 16:07 - Feb 25 by Dyland

It was always open. Had some mates who lived on Foxhall Road opposite the Blooming Fuchsia and we used to wander down to Nippin in the wee hours to feed the munchies. Cuppa tea, chip butties and the giggles.

Where was that?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

The Nippin! on 16:15 - Feb 25 with 266 viewsLord_Lucan

The Nippin! on 16:10 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

Where was that?

Spring Rd, town end.

Pretty sure it was owned back then by Bob Shelley who went on to have Jacks Cafe

Edit; It must have been before Enzo the future rapist got into rape as I didn't see him after that, so it must have been in the 80's
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 16:17]

The Nippin! on 16:18 - Feb 25 with 257 viewsDyland

The Nippin! on 16:15 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

Spring Rd, town end.

Pretty sure it was owned back then by Bob Shelley who went on to have Jacks Cafe

Edit; It must have been before Enzo the future rapist got into rape as I didn't see him after that, so it must have been in the 80's
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 16:17]

Yep, all the way down where it meets Foxhall Rd innit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024