Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? 14:37 - Feb 25 with 1248 viewsPendejo

I'll sneak out from work for 2 hours, my colleague on the late shift will be in by then and I'll have everything up to 17:00 sorted already. So he just needs to mind the phones and monitor the tracking systems & traffic flows and all will be well.

So pubs in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes anyone?

I wonder if Geoff over at Uxbridge Football Club will have the game on?

I doubt they'll be watching Spurs v Stoke... will they?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:39 - Feb 25 with 1233 viewsLord_Lucan

What's that pub in Harlington / Hayes, on the High Rd? Red Lion?

Is it still there?

I used to live round the corner in Nestles Avenue.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:45 - Feb 25 with 1211 viewsPendejo

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:39 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

Is it still there?

Don't know the area that well but if it's this one...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/36/3641/Red_Lion/Harlington

I am told it has closed down

uberima fides

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:47 - Feb 25 with 1194 viewsLord_Lucan

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:45 - Feb 25 by Pendejo

Don't know the area that well but if it's this one...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/36/3641/Red_Lion/Harlington

I am told it has closed down

Oh that's a big shame.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:49 - Feb 25 with 1179 viewsUB9Blue

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:39 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

Is it still there?

It is still there..drove past it yesterday. Not sure if it has footy on but bear in mind it crosses over with Spurs game and I would think that might take priority.

Fox and Hounds in Rickmansworth is showing the game although this may be a bit far for you in your available time
OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:57 - Feb 25 with 1135 viewsPendejo

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:49 - Feb 25 by UB9Blue

It is still there..drove past it yesterday. Not sure if it has footy on but bear in mind it crosses over with Spurs game and I would think that might take priority.

Fox and Hounds in Rickmansworth is showing the game although this may be a bit far for you in your available time

Street view from July 2016 shows it closed and dilapidated then... but that's not to say its still that way.

uberima fides

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:57 - Feb 25 with 1139 viewsLord_Lucan

Ah. You may have got your wires crossed. It was the previous poster asking about pubs, I just asked if Red Lion was still there out of interest.

Your postcode suggests you are in Uxbridge. Many years ago I used to go into a pub there right next to the canal. Inside it was very pink and it had a model train track going round the pub just under the ceiling with a train pulling a vibrator disguised as a cruise missile. Are you familiar with this place? What the hell was it called? Mind you we are probably going back 30 years

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:00 - Feb 25 with 1118 viewsPendejo

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 14:57 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

Ah. You may have got your wires crossed. It was the previous poster asking about pubs, I just asked if Red Lion was still there out of interest.

Your postcode suggests you are in Uxbridge. Many years ago I used to go into a pub there right next to the canal. Inside it was very pink and it had a model train track going round the pub just under the ceiling with a train pulling a vibrator disguised as a cruise missile. Are you familiar with this place? What the hell was it called? Mind you we are probably going back 30 years

My colleague with the local knowledge doesn't know it... and a colleague who may know something about pink interiors and vibrators is on holiday in Australia.

uberima fides

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:02 - Feb 25 with 1108 viewsPendejo

Are you Brian Cant? He lives out that way doesn't he?

uberima fides

Login to get fewer ads

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:09 - Feb 25 with 1096 viewsLord_Lucan

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:00 - Feb 25 by Pendejo

My colleague with the local knowledge doesn't know it... and a colleague who may know something about pink interiors and vibrators is on holiday in Australia.

After a bit of Google mapping I'm pretty sure it is now The Dolphin.

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:21 - Feb 25 with 1064 viewsPendejo

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:09 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

After a bit of Google mapping I'm pretty sure it is now The Dolphin.

http://www.thedolphinuxbridge.co.uk/gallery

This one?

Looks a nice place, but I don't normally venture that far "north west" - M4, A408 & Horton Road... unless M4 knackered then up to Long Lane & Hillingdon Circus to head in on A40.

uberima fides

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:36 - Feb 25 with 1046 viewsLord_Lucan

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:21 - Feb 25 by Pendejo

http://www.thedolphinuxbridge.co.uk/gallery

This one?

Looks a nice place, but I don't normally venture that far "north west" - M4, A408 & Horton Road... unless M4 knackered then up to Long Lane & Hillingdon Circus to head in on A40.

No.

I got it completely wrong, It was in West Drayton and called Naughties. Looks like it is no more but back in the day ...............

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:38 - Feb 25 with 1034 viewsUB9Blue

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:02 - Feb 25 by Pendejo

Are you Brian Cant? He lives out that way doesn't he?

No...but ai have been called worse!
OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:46 - Feb 25 with 994 viewsPendejo

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:36 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

No.

I got it completely wrong, It was in West Drayton and called Naughties. Looks like it is no more but back in the day ...............

If Google Maps is to be believed... where this place was located is now a Morrisons, looking at the pictures here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.130253696700&ref=mf

New build flats in the new swish down town West Drayton

uberima fides

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:48 - Feb 25 with 990 viewsLord_Lucan

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:46 - Feb 25 by Pendejo

If Google Maps is to be believed... where this place was located is now a Morrisons, looking at the pictures here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.130253696700&ref=mf

New build flats in the new swish down town West Drayton

I've been having a look. The pub is now flats, it was right next to the canal.

Don't harf feel old sometimes.

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 16:01 - Feb 25 with 960 viewsPendejo

OK so pub in Yiewsley / West Drayton or Hayes? on 15:48 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

I've been having a look. The pub is now flats, it was right next to the canal.

Don't harf feel old sometimes.

I have been studying the pics to see if any of my colleagues appear there in their prime...

uberima fides

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024