Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... 16:12 - Feb 25 with 1116 viewsElderGrizzly

The proposed plan will see costs up for all apart from the U25s

Trump's voting cohort will be the worst hit. Almost $6,100 a year worse off

http://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/2/24/14722152/obamacare-aca-health-care-cos
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 16:32]
Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 16:14 - Feb 25 with 1078 viewsJ2BLUE

Wrong, it's going to be great, it's going to be tremendous.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 16:22 - Feb 25 with 1068 viewsDubtractor

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 16:14 - Feb 25 by J2BLUE

Wrong, it's going to be great, it's going to be tremendous.

Nobody does healthcare better than him, or any of these 24 things.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 16:40 - Feb 25 with 1031 viewsStokieBlue

Won't a lot in that age bracket have health insurance so unfortunately they won't care?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 16:47 - Feb 25 with 1013 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 20:27 - Feb 25 with 868 viewsVic

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 16:22 - Feb 25 by Dubtractor

Nobody does healthcare better than him, or any of these 24 things.

who is this No Body fella? And how come he didnt get any votes if he'sso much better than Trump?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 20:28]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 20:39 - Feb 25 with 829 viewsSarge

Nice to see young people finally getting a better deal somewhere though even if it is at the hands of madman Trump!
Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 23:31 - Feb 25 with 735 viewshorsehollerer

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 16:40 - Feb 25 by StokieBlue

Won't a lot in that age bracket have health insurance so unfortunately they won't care?

SB

No, because health insurance policies are reassessed annually. The coverage, terms and cost can vary greatly year-to-year. Also, the majority of folks get their health insurance through their employers. Each year, employers renegotiate healthcare insurance packages/costs/contribution levels on behalf of their employees, and often switch policy providers altogether.

FYI, as of last year, approx 9% of Americans aged 45-64 had no health insurance at all, private or public (source: CDC/NCHS). As you'd expect, this varies greatly according to income, ethnicity and other common socio-economic tags.

But it's not just about cost. One of the most crucial parts of Obamacare was the guarantee that people with pre-existing conditions cannot be blocked from getting coverage. However, Team Trump seems intent on returning to the bad old days whereby insurance companies can legally turn away applicants with chronic illnesses. Imagine you currently get health insurance via your employer, and you are receiving treatment for, say, prostate cancer? Well, if you were to lose your job for any reason (and hence your health insurance) then, without that guarantee of access, you would probably have a hard time finding another policy provider that would take you on.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 07:46 - Feb 26 with 679 viewsNo9

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 16:40 - Feb 25 by StokieBlue

SB

My American friend tells me the cost of annual check-ups to maintain his health insurance is becoming a majot outlay for him & his family & if the chekcs don't get done the insirance becomes nul& void
Login to get fewer ads

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 07:59 - Feb 26 with 667 viewsLord_Lucan

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 23:31 - Feb 25 by horsehollerer

No, because health insurance policies are reassessed annually. The coverage, terms and cost can vary greatly year-to-year. Also, the majority of folks get their health insurance through their employers. Each year, employers renegotiate healthcare insurance packages/costs/contribution levels on behalf of their employees, and often switch policy providers altogether.

FYI, as of last year, approx 9% of Americans aged 45-64 had no health insurance at all, private or public (source: CDC/NCHS). As you'd expect, this varies greatly according to income, ethnicity and other common socio-economic tags.

But it's not just about cost. One of the most crucial parts of Obamacare was the guarantee that people with pre-existing conditions cannot be blocked from getting coverage. However, Team Trump seems intent on returning to the bad old days whereby insurance companies can legally turn away applicants with chronic illnesses. Imagine you currently get health insurance via your employer, and you are receiving treatment for, say, prostate cancer? Well, if you were to lose your job for any reason (and hence your health insurance) then, without that guarantee of access, you would probably have a hard time finding another policy provider that would take you on.

Genuinely interested as I can't really get my head around the US health thing.

1/ What would happen to the prostrate cancer bloke?

2/ Say you never had health care and suffered a heart attack in the street, what happens?

3/ You have no health care and develop lung cancer, what happens?

I know I struggle with Uncle Sam but I really can't understand how mad they are re health care

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 08:36 - Feb 26 with 623 viewsStokieBlue

Trump 'fixing' healthcare then.... on 07:46 - Feb 26 by No9

My American friend tells me the cost of annual check-ups to maintain his health insurance is becoming a majot outlay for him & his family & if the chekcs don't get done the insirance becomes nul& void

It's all very silly.

Richest country in the world doesn't have NHS due to power of health insurance lobbiests but can spend 2bn on each stealth bomber.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024