Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really can't see myself sleeping tonight 01:31 - Feb 26 with 1444 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Up at 6. Insomnia as per. Rarely asleep before that time on a good day anyway. Buzzing for the game too.

Looking like being an all nighter.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:41 - Feb 26 with 1421 viewsJohnny_Boy

The game kicks off at 4am here. West Coast problems.

Just recovering from a rather nasty flu bug, so definitely an early night for me, with a early Sunday start.

Best get the coffee machine all set up.
I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:42 - Feb 26 with 1410 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:41 - Feb 26 by Johnny_Boy

Just recovering from a rather nasty flu bug, so definitely an early night for me, with a early Sunday start.

I'm wondering to myself that if I don't sleep as expected, does that mean that I could get an adequate amount of drinking time in if I start now? ;)

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:44 - Feb 26 with 1399 viewsSarge

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:42 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm wondering to myself that if I don't sleep as expected, does that mean that I could get an adequate amount of drinking time in if I start now? ;)

What's it like dealing with insomnia? Do you feel as tired as I'm imagining I would on no sleep or do you eventually get used to it? I guess on the plus side you've got 4/5 hours more per day to do whatever you need to do!
I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 02:19 - Feb 26 with 1343 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:44 - Feb 26 by Sarge

What's it like dealing with insomnia? Do you feel as tired as I'm imagining I would on no sleep or do you eventually get used to it? I guess on the plus side you've got 4/5 hours more per day to do whatever you need to do!

I can survive but after a week of getting 2-5 hours sleep in, I have a night where I sleep from 10 til 10. Complete exhaustion.

But yeah I make the most of it I guess

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 03:12 - Feb 26 with 1314 viewsJohnny_Boy

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:42 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I would probably advise against that - unless you have the Monday free of any work related responsibilities.

For the play-off 1st leg versus Nodge, I was visiting a little town called Eureka. Hospitality got the better of me & I sociably drank all day meeting new friends, got back to the APT at 2am, then carried on drinking till 4am KO....managed to watch entire game.

Then promptly crashed out for 12hrs.

Definitely took me a day to recover & it wasn't totally hangover induced, lack of sleep really messes my body up
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 3:22]
I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 03:27 - Feb 26 with 1291 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 03:12 - Feb 26 by Johnny_Boy

I would probably advise against that - unless you have the Monday free of any work related responsibilities.

For the play-off 1st leg versus Nodge, I was visiting a little town called Eureka. Hospitality got the better of me & I sociably drank all day meeting new friends, got back to the APT at 2am, then carried on drinking till 4am KO....managed to watch entire game.

Then promptly crashed out for 12hrs.

Definitely took me a day to recover & it wasn't totally hangover induced, lack of sleep really messes my body up
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 3:22]

Waiting on a call about a job actually. No gardening stuff Monday.

So technically I'm free Monday.

Though you are correct in that drinking from now wouldn't be smart. This is even earlier than Newcastle away on the train.

Buzzing for the game later

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 03:40 - Feb 26 with 1273 viewsJohnny_Boy

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 03:27 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Waiting on a call about a job actually. No gardening stuff Monday.

So technically I'm free Monday.

Though you are correct in that drinking from now wouldn't be smart. This is even earlier than Newcastle away on the train.

Buzzing for the game later

Best of luck for the Monday phone call.

I remember getting the supporters coach away to Newcastle in 2000.
Left Ipswich at some ungodly hour armed with a crate of beer. Think there was an issue with the toilet not working as the only piss-stop we made was in Bolton IIRC.

There were a lot of frantic sprints to the garage loos.

The journey back (after the defeat) was memorable because of all the fireworks seen from the motorway. Assume it must have been Guy Fawkes weekend.
I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 04:04 - Feb 26 with 1252 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 03:40 - Feb 26 by Johnny_Boy

Best of luck for the Monday phone call.

I remember getting the supporters coach away to Newcastle in 2000.
Left Ipswich at some ungodly hour armed with a crate of beer. Think there was an issue with the toilet not working as the only piss-stop we made was in Bolton IIRC.

There were a lot of frantic sprints to the garage loos.

The journey back (after the defeat) was memorable because of all the fireworks seen from the motorway. Assume it must have been Guy Fawkes weekend.

Cheers

I liked drinking my ciders on the way up on the train tbh. Got off the train and realised I was a bit pissed haha. Good fun. A cool day out.

I'm not sure I'd want to go on a coach. The main reason being I'd still have to. It a train ticket to and from Ipswich before the coach leaves. Just easier for me going into London and then off to wherever. Barnsley away was a £25 return for me from London next month with the journey there being first class. Cardiff away the week after was £13 return. That's like 3 times cheaper than a coach and that's without the train to the ground for the coach to leave.

Login to get fewer ads

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 06:33 - Feb 26 with 1150 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As expected - no sleep.

Decided about 4:30 ish I'll do some housework to help out but it's onto the game now. Shower, get dressed and then out the door double lively.

COYFB!

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 06:37 - Feb 26 with 1136 viewsBenters

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 06:33 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

As expected - no sleep.

Decided about 4:30 ish I'll do some housework to help out but it's onto the game now. Shower, get dressed and then out the door double lively.

COYFB!

Good luck today Rommy .

Is it still a poxy coach service in places ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:07 - Feb 26 with 1063 viewsPendejo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:08 - Feb 26 with 1059 viewsPendejo

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:41 - Feb 26 by Johnny_Boy

To Mike Oldfield's "Moonlight Shadow"

"4am in the morning and Naaridge are still in the Ipswich shadow"

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:16 - Feb 26 with 1033 viewsLord_Lucan

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 01:44 - Feb 26 by Sarge

I suffer terribly with insomnia. It's not good.

The only way I can have a good sleep is to have a few beers - and that is counter productive in the long term as it makes things worse when you are off the beer.

You don't really feel tired however you end up being awake but not really functioning.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:19 - Feb 26 with 1016 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 06:37 - Feb 26 by Benters

Good luck today Rommy .

Is it still a poxy coach service in places ?

Yeah bud

Just getting on a coach to witham. Some hipster people just got on (like 20 of em) and I thought f*ck this and put my bag on the seat. It's an empty coach ATM but if I didn't do that, I could tell they wanted to be around the seat I'm at.

Gonna have about an hour and a half to chill at Ipswich station/station hotel after my train from witham to Ipswich.

Then on to scum for a couple in the concourse.

Left at 6:50 which is about 5 mins later than what I had to leave for Bl00dy Newcastle!!! Don't you just hate bus replacements?

And as I speak the hipsters have decided to start a race. Help me.

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:21 - Feb 26 with 1004 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:16 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

The only way I can have a good sleep is to have a few beers - and that is counter productive in the long term as it makes things worse when you are off the beer.

You don't really feel tired however you end up being awake but not really functioning.

100% agree with the bottom line

That usually hits if I go about 32-38 hours without sleep

Currently at 20 hours since I last woke up

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:30 - Feb 26 with 981 viewsLord_Lucan

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:21 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

100% agree with the bottom line

That usually hits if I go about 32-38 hours without sleep

Currently at 20 hours since I last woke up

That's not good at your age.

The thing that pisses me off most is that you can nod off when watching TV but when you go to bed your eyes ping open and you wonder why you actually bothered going to bed.

The only thing that helps for me is to listen to a talk based radio station. If I am ever away and without access to a radio there is no point in trying to go to sleep as it aint gonna work.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:34 - Feb 26 with 960 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:30 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

The thing that pisses me off most is that you can nod off when watching TV but when you go to bed your eyes ping open and you wonder why you actually bothered going to bed.

The only thing that helps for me is to listen to a talk based radio station. If I am ever away and without access to a radio there is no point in trying to go to sleep as it aint gonna work.

I, like yourself, have no problem getting to sleep if I've had a drink.

However, I'm not a massive drinker whilst my mates are at uni.

I can't sleep even with or without a tele. I'll give the radio a go.

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:38 - Feb 26 with 927 viewsLord_Lucan

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:34 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I, like yourself, have no problem getting to sleep if I've had a drink.

However, I'm not a massive drinker whilst my mates are at uni.

I can't sleep even with or without a tele. I'll give the radio a go.

I was prescribed sleeping tablets but I wouldn't recommend them and they don't really work, you just lay awake thinking "when are these tablets gonna kick in".

You can buy Kalms over the counter and they help but you tend to forget to take them, well I do anyway.

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:46 - Feb 26 with 865 viewsBenters

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:19 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Yeah bud

Just getting on a coach to witham. Some hipster people just got on (like 20 of em) and I thought f*ck this and put my bag on the seat. It's an empty coach ATM but if I didn't do that, I could tell they wanted to be around the seat I'm at.

Gonna have about an hour and a half to chill at Ipswich station/station hotel after my train from witham to Ipswich.

Then on to scum for a couple in the concourse.

Left at 6:50 which is about 5 mins later than what I had to leave for Bl00dy Newcastle!!! Don't you just hate bus replacements?

And as I speak the hipsters have decided to start a race. Help me.

They are the worse thing ever !

Gentlybentley

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:49 - Feb 26 with 852 viewsBenters

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:30 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

It is a terrible thing to suffer with .

It is also a very hard habit to break !

Funnily enough Mariner helped me with mine he knows some stuff .

Gentlybentley

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 08:15 - Feb 26 with 798 viewsnoggin

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 07:16 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I always have a terrible night after the night before. Brain is working overtime and if I do fall asleep, I always wake up sweating after a nightmare.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 08:25 - Feb 26 with 738 viewsBenters

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 08:15 - Feb 26 by noggin

I always have a terrible night after the night before. Brain is working overtime and if I do fall asleep, I always wake up sweating after a nightmare.

I had a dream last night id asked Christina Trevanion to marry me ..

Gentlybentley

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 08:26 - Feb 26 with 736 viewsLord_Lucan

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 08:25 - Feb 26 by Benters

I had a dream last night id asked Christina Trevanion to marry me ..

Is that your niece?

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 08:34 - Feb 26 with 718 viewsBenters

I really can't see myself sleeping tonight on 08:26 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Is that your niece?

I wish !

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024