Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reducing pollution in the centre of London 07:26 - Feb 26 with 570 viewsPendejo

How about these replacing buses?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-39026352

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 07:29 - Feb 26 with 564 viewsSteve_M

Getting rid of those tourist busses would help, one belched fumes all over me this week and clearly wasn't meeting clean air regulations.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 07:43 - Feb 26 with 529 viewsNo9

Of course the prevailing winds waft all the LHR smog into London
Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 07:50 - Feb 26 with 513 viewsPendejo

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 07:29 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

Getting rid of those tourist busses would help, one belched fumes all over me this week and clearly wasn't meeting clean air regulations.

DUK, Open Topped, old RM and all other buses & coaches - replace them all with trams or even old stylee trolley buses with the bumper car type rod up to the cables

uberima fides

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 08:15 - Feb 26 with 497 viewsPinewoodblue

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 07:50 - Feb 26 by Pendejo

DUK, Open Topped, old RM and all other buses & coaches - replace them all with trams or even old stylee trolley buses with the bumper car type rod up to the cables

Any other day, apart from Grudge match day, this would be a thread that runs and runs. Private diesel cars produce 11% of the pollution about the same as London Taxis and less than London buses and coaches. Not forgetting construction sites and HGVs.

50% of the particles thst hang in the air is besieged dust.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 09:04 - Feb 26 with 461 viewsBasuco

I have seen a growing number of hydrogen buses in London they are clean.
Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 09:33 - Feb 26 with 435 viewsGuthrum

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 08:15 - Feb 26 by Pinewoodblue

Any other day, apart from Grudge match day, this would be a thread that runs and runs. Private diesel cars produce 11% of the pollution about the same as London Taxis and less than London buses and coaches. Not forgetting construction sites and HGVs.

50% of the particles thst hang in the air is besieged dust.

Tho the problem is how to run a functioning economy without large numbers of diesel vehicles - delivery vans, builders' trucks, etc.

People often talk as if the entire working population could take to bicycles and public transport. But that is far from the truth. I did once do a job taking pots of paint, dustsheets and ladders on the bus, when my car broke down. To say it wasn't easy is an understatement.

And at least Londoners don't have to put up with coal smog any more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 09:36 - Feb 26 with 426 viewsBackToRussia

How would that work? Buses that are in central London then complete their routes to other parts of London, so you'd either have to turn the entire network into a tram network, which would just be completely unfeasible unless you wanted to spend billions and billions and spend 20+ years on it, or switch over to a proper bus outside central London.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 09:56 - Feb 26 with 392 viewsPendejo

Reducing pollution in the centre of London on 09:36 - Feb 26 by BackToRussia

How would that work? Buses that are in central London then complete their routes to other parts of London, so you'd either have to turn the entire network into a tram network, which would just be completely unfeasible unless you wanted to spend billions and billions and spend 20+ years on it, or switch over to a proper bus outside central London.

Where there's a will there's a way.

I'd start off in the current C Charge Zone - with Oxford Street; no cars, no taxis, none of those rickshaw things... just trams rolling up and down

Network only has to run to key hubs where folks could get buses... say Elephant & Castle, Park Lane, Earl's Court, Shepherd's Bush, Marylebone Station, Euston, Kings Cross/St. Pancras, Aldgate, Tower Hill, Waterloo, Victoria & Vauxhall.

How many bus routes run along Oxford St? Regent Street?

How has the use of Trams affected pollution in; Manchester, Nottingham & Sheffield????

It is time for change and we do need to reduce the pollution, which means very soon I will have to swap my 12 year old diesel for something that complies with Citizen Khan's new rules. Or pay extra from 2019, or this October if I stray into the Central Zone... which sometimes I have to do [often use Greycoats in Victoria or Ethelred Estate in Southwark]

uberima fides

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024