Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highways Agency & separation of vehicles on Orwell Bridge 08:51 - Feb 26 with 1196 viewsPendejo

"We contacted Highways England for a comment, and their spokesman said: "We are currently working with partners and stakeholders to reach solutions to address the significant increase in traffic levels in Ipswich when the Orwell Bridge is closed.

"Separating vehicles susceptible to the effect of side winds is not currently a viable option due to the layout of the A14 approaching the bridge.

"There isn’t an obvious filter point, such as roundabouts, at which to divert them and this would create unacceptable safety risks to those who would have to separate the traffic.

"The diversion activity itself would also create further congestion"

Is the person who replied a driver? Have they ever driven from Copdock Interchange to Bucklesham?

From West to East:
Impose a temp speed restriction from Sproughton to Nacton
Matrix boards at all junctions from Claydon to Wherstead with temporary height restrictions over outside lane from Copdock to Wherstead and both lanes from the point of the slip road at Wherstead.

From East to West:
Impose a temporary speed restriction from Felixstowe to Wherstead
Matrix boards all the way from Felixstowe temporary height restrictions over outside lane from Bucklesham and both lanes from the point of the slip road at Nacton.

Hell what do I know... I left school at 15 and don't have a degree in engineering

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Highways Agency & separation of vehicles on Orwell Bridge on 09:00 - Feb 26 with 1144 viewsBasuco

That sounds like the local council in the village I grew up in, it had 3 schools and they sold 2 of them both had a very large playing field to housing as the school numbers had dropped, then built several hundred 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes. The less than a year later they were surprised that there was now a severe shortage of school places in the village.
Highways Agency & separation of vehicles on Orwell Bridge on 09:37 - Feb 26 with 1063 viewsPendejo

Highways Agency & separation of vehicles on Orwell Bridge on 09:00 - Feb 26 by Basuco

That sounds like the local council in the village I grew up in, it had 3 schools and they sold 2 of them both had a very large playing field to housing as the school numbers had dropped, then built several hundred 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes. The less than a year later they were surprised that there was now a severe shortage of school places in the village.

Now that is incredibly funny & depressing in equal measures...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Highways Agency & separation of vehicles on Orwell Bridge on 10:16 - Feb 26 with 987 viewsNo9

The Highways Agency is WS Atkins = Nuff sed
Highways Agency & separation of vehicles on Orwell Bridge on 10:27 - Feb 26 with 963 viewsPinewoodblue

Just build a northern bypass..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024