Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PACE 12:41 - Feb 26 with 754 viewsJohnny_Boy

Think that's the obvious difference between both teams.
How on earth has MM been allowed to assemble a side that is virtually bordering on pedestrian.

PACE on 12:45 - Feb 26 with 703 viewstrncbluearmy

Money that`s the real difference

Evans has to give Mick a realistic budget
PACE on 12:46 - Feb 26 with 677 viewsjeera

For 57 million I should think the very least they should have assembled is a bit of pace

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

PACE on 12:52 - Feb 26 with 575 viewsCheltenham_Blue

PACE on 12:45 - Feb 26 by trncbluearmy

Money that`s the real difference

Evans has to give Mick a realistic budget

This.

The 5 part plan calls for us to produce class players from the academy but we've all but given up on Cat1. And even when we do produce, it's not long until we sell for 6 or 7 million, (that's if MM even gives them a chance), and then that money is re-absorbed into 'running costs'.

It's all BS from Evans thinking we can get promoted like that, and he's clever enough to know that. I'm afraid Evans needs to go.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

PACE on 12:53 - Feb 26 with 563 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not a problem individually as we've plenty of people who can win a foot race. Even Berra caught Jerome after giving him a yard head start.

It's the pace of play and thought that's lacking imo. We don't have good movement, offer few runners and consequently take the ball standing still leaving little option other than a backwards simple ball. That comes from coaching, not lack of spending (although obviously a lack of individual quality doesn't help).

That's my take on it anyway.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PACE on 13:01 - Feb 26 with 494 viewsJohnny_Boy

PACE on 12:53 - Feb 26 by Swansea_Blue

It's not a problem individually as we've plenty of people who can win a foot race. Even Berra caught Jerome after giving him a yard head start.

It's the pace of play and thought that's lacking imo. We don't have good movement, offer few runners and consequently take the ball standing still leaving little option other than a backwards simple ball. That comes from coaching, not lack of spending (although obviously a lack of individual quality doesn't help).

That's my take on it anyway.

We just seem lacking any real belief to win any of the 'second balls', where a bit of speed (physically & mentally) counts in relatively all 50/50 plays.

Width, too.

Budget works both ways. Maybe it says more about Mick's lower league scouting attributes. There are players out there on a budget instead of blowing half the wage budget on '10 games a season Williams'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024