Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse 14:09 - Feb 26 with 2191 viewsLankHenners

Showed why he's right back in the team today - several important interceptions, most interceptions on the pitch today, highest rated midfielder on the pitch going by whoscored, kept us in possession, most passes on the pitch.

Shame Huws and Ward couldn't get on the ball as much.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Cole Skuse on 14:10 - Feb 26 with 2176 viewsITFCBlues

Agree - close 2nd to Bart for MOTM

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Cole Skuse on 14:14 - Feb 26 with 2142 viewsScuzzer

Cole Skuse on 14:10 - Feb 26 by ITFCBlues

Agree - close 2nd to Bart for MOTM

Yes but he faded badly towards the end. Didzy MOTM for me....worked his guts off.

Established 1968

Cole Skuse on 14:17 - Feb 26 with 2114 viewsclive_baker

Credit where it's due, I'm not a massive fan of Skuse but I thought for that first 20 minutes of the 2nd half in particular he was excellent. Lost his way a bit in the latter stages but he'd put a shift in chasing shadows for a lot of the 2nd half so maybe that took its toll.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cole Skuse on 14:19 - Feb 26 with 2085 viewsNo9

I just looked at the who scored site for todays game
I didn't see Cole Skuse name mentioned in the top performers

Two Town players - Knudsen & Berra
Cole Skuse on 14:20 - Feb 26 with 2070 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 14:19 - Feb 26 by No9

Highest rated midfielder. Read it again. Sorry that facts spoil your viewpoint.

Cole Skuse on 14:37 - Feb 26 with 1998 viewsGarv

He did play well. I still think TD better complements the two other lads in there and after playing so well at Villa deserved another chance. More positive than Skuse.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cole Skuse on 14:58 - Feb 26 with 1943 viewsSteve_M

Yep, he was excellent off the ball today. I think some people don't watch that bit of the match.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cole Skuse on 14:59 - Feb 26 with 1932 viewsSomethingBlue

Cole Skuse on 14:19 - Feb 26 by No9

But WhoScored is actually a pretty poor site and their ratings system is nonsense.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse on 15:00 - Feb 26 with 1921 viewsJosebadleg

Cole Skuse on 14:58 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

Yep, he was excellent off the ball today. I think some people don't watch that bit of the match.

ohh we do. His defensive work doesn't make up for the lack of attacking ability he offers

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Cole Skuse on 23:03 - Feb 26 with 1762 viewsmarchy

He isn't right back, Spence is.
Cole Skuse on 23:28 - Feb 26 with 1703 viewsbournemouthblue

Cole Skuse on 14:14 - Feb 26 by Scuzzer

Yes but he faded badly towards the end. Didzy MOTM for me....worked his guts off.

I'd have preferred we swapped Dave for Skuse rather than for Huws, we lost our balance after that

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Cole Skuse on 11:45 - Feb 27 with 1453 viewsNo9

Cole Skuse on 14:20 - Feb 26 by LankHenners

Highest rated midfielder. Read it again. Sorry that facts spoil your viewpoint.

I confess I only looked at the top performes section.

However, the fact that Mick Mills said Town's midfield didn't function & the budgies managed to force 14 corners and get 23 shots on goal suggests Mick Mills viewpoint wasn't far off.

Fortunately the budgies strike force was not evident & Bart had a great game.

Do the maths
Cole Skuse on 11:49 - Feb 27 with 1422 viewsPJH

Cole Skuse on 11:45 - Feb 27 by No9

However, the fact that Mick Mills said Town's midfield didn't function & the budgies managed to force 14 corners and get 23 shots on goal suggests Mick Mills viewpoint wasn't far off.

Do the maths

The midfield did not function because Huws and Ward did not play as well as they have been.
Skuse did what Skuse does very well yesterday.
Bart made some very good saves,should have saved their goal and caused a couple of dodgy moments first half when coming out too far when he had no need to.
Cole Skuse on 11:52 - Feb 27 with 1410 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 11:45 - Feb 27 by No9

Do the maths

From looking at the squads you can tell that their midfield is stronger than ours, but that's what spending millions of pounds gets you.

From watching the match you can see that Skuse was our best midfielder yesterday and both Ward and Huws struggled to make much of an impact on the game which hindered us going forwards.

Cole Skuse on 12:02 - Feb 27 with 1373 viewsMattinLondon

He played well but it comes at a cost of not being able to take the game to the opposition. He tackled and jostled well but he is simply unable to run with the ball and frighten his counterparts.

So yes, he played well and I understand why MM rates him — but it’s like playing with an additional defender.
Cole Skuse on 12:03 - Feb 27 with 1359 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cole Skuse on 11:52 - Feb 27 by LankHenners

From looking at the squads you can tell that their midfield is stronger than ours, but that's what spending millions of pounds gets you.

From watching the match you can see that Skuse was our best midfielder yesterday and both Ward and Huws struggled to make much of an impact on the game which hindered us going forwards.

I thought Huws was fairly quiet, although we then missed him when he went off. Dave wasn't at the races.

Funny old game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cole Skuse on 12:41 - Feb 27 with 1305 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 12:03 - Feb 27 by Swansea_Blue

I thought Huws was fairly quiet, although we then missed him when he went off. Dave wasn't at the races.

Funny old game.

Huws looked quite good in the very (I mean very) early stages of the match but faded out pretty quickly. Norwich got men behind the ball fast when we had possession so it was harder for him (and Ward) to find space to drive into.

Yeah, Diagouraga had little effect on the game, but encouraging that we still got the point even though it wasn't as good a performance as in the last few games.

Cole Skuse on 12:49 - Feb 27 with 1278 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Cole Skuse on 12:41 - Feb 27 by LankHenners

Huws looked quite good in the very (I mean very) early stages of the match but faded out pretty quickly. Norwich got men behind the ball fast when we had possession so it was harder for him (and Ward) to find space to drive into.

Yeah, Diagouraga had little effect on the game, but encouraging that we still got the point even though it wasn't as good a performance as in the last few games.

Skuse's agent or Mum spouting his hidden talents on here yet again. Look, he had a decent game yesterday, nothing more. In terms of the games played and is still one of Mick's undroppable faves. We look better with Huws/Ward/Dave in central midfield with a better balance of all round midfielders. Skuse remains a one dimensional 'defensive midfielder' with an appalling goals return.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Cole Skuse on 13:02 - Feb 27 with 1231 viewsnbsiyag

Cole Skuse on 12:49 - Feb 27 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Skuse's agent or Mum spouting his hidden talents on here yet again. Look, he had a decent game yesterday, nothing more. In terms of the games played and is still one of Mick's undroppable faves. We look better with Huws/Ward/Dave in central midfield with a better balance of all round midfielders. Skuse remains a one dimensional 'defensive midfielder' with an appalling goals return.

Dave is much more of a leader in central midfield. As well as tackling and filling the gaps at the back, he can take the ball, turn and drive forward. He demands the ball and offers outlets for others to pass to. I think Ward and Huws missed this yesterday so they had relatively quiet games. In short, Dave has given much more presence than Skuse ever has. This was, for all the money they spent, a very bang average budgie team (as shown at Burton) yet they still managed umpteen shots at our goal. The 'defensive' claims put forward for Skuse starting hardly adds up.
Cole Skuse on 13:20 - Feb 27 with 1187 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse on 13:02 - Feb 27 by nbsiyag

Dave is much more of a leader in central midfield. As well as tackling and filling the gaps at the back, he can take the ball, turn and drive forward. He demands the ball and offers outlets for others to pass to. I think Ward and Huws missed this yesterday so they had relatively quiet games. In short, Dave has given much more presence than Skuse ever has. This was, for all the money they spent, a very bang average budgie team (as shown at Burton) yet they still managed umpteen shots at our goal. The 'defensive' claims put forward for Skuse starting hardly adds up.

Yep, spot on.
Cole Skuse on 13:26 - Feb 27 with 1155 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 13:02 - Feb 27 by nbsiyag

Last time I checked Skuse wasn't responsible for the entire team's defensive duties. Norwich are a good attacking side, shown by the amount of goals they have this season.

Like it or not Skuse was our best performing midfielder yesterday and did an excellent job of intercepting and breaking up play. I'll repeat that it's telling that a lot of Norwich's chances came from quick counter attacks and playing down the wings. They couldn't get past Skuse in the middle.

Cole Skuse on 15:25 - Feb 27 with 1023 viewsDolly2.0

He may have had the most passes but were they DANGEROUS defence-splitting passes, or sideways and safe ones?

The interceptions he made are ones you'd expect him to make. That's his job.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024