Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. 14:21 - Feb 26 with 1978 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't want to be negative and I thought our players were superb. They had fight and determination and generally played well but there was only going to be one winner of that game. We are lucky we have players who will fight and a manager who can set us up well but we really do lack quality and today was a great example of what we are up against. They were bringing players off the bench worth millions.

Without significant investment we will never go up. Today was one game which we could have won if it wasn't for a keeping error (no blame on Bart, these things happen) but over a season it would truly take a miracle.

Before anyone jumps on me for being negative I am proud of our players and management today, they were very good. Look at it long term though and I can't help feeling it was depressing. Evans really does need to invest if he has any realistic hope of owning a Premier League club. He said "there are some who don't think my investment strategy has any chance of working'. It doesn't. It has no chance and if he thinks it does he's lying to himself or he's a complete idiot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:22 - Feb 26 with 1952 viewsMullet

Pretty clear he needs to spend far more than has or wants to of late.

If he didn't know that weeks and months ago I'd be more worried.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 1927 viewsLankHenners

Think that's what Mick was hinting at with his interview published this morning, and furthermore what Johnson's saying on the TV now - can't expect Mick to do much more with the budget that he's got. Great manager that needs the right players available to him and they cost money.

We don't need to go and spend £57 million like they do but a few million across the squad to improve the playing staff with depth so we don't get so hurt with injuries will help no end.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 1924 viewsJ2BLUE

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:22 - Feb 26 by Mullet

Pretty clear he needs to spend far more than has or wants to of late.

If he didn't know that weeks and months ago I'd be more worried.

Agreed but to see it so clearly against that those bunch of ***** is depressing. We've been done over by the ridiculous money in the game now. I hope MM demands cash to stay because he deserves much better and at least one season of having a real crack.

Truly impaired.

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:25 - Feb 26 with 1875 viewsWickets

Must say i do agree with what you say. Just like to add yes it was Bart's error but both Huws and Smith should have moved a lot quicker to close the scorer down.
I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:30 - Feb 26 with 1807 viewsstrikalite

You see just having Jordan Hugill upfront today would have made a difference imo, we're not talking about spending £20m ffs, but a couple of decent £2-3m additions in key areas could really make a difference...
I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:32 - Feb 26 with 1749 viewsDarth_Koont

I think Mick gambled a bit on the formation and lost today. Evidently it helps to get our better players out on the pitch currently but I thought we lost a fair bit of control out wide.

I wonder if we had the game again whether he wouldn't just try to match up the formation better.

Pronouns: He/Him

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:34 - Feb 26 with 1714 viewsJ2BLUE

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:30 - Feb 26 by strikalite

You see just having Jordan Hugill upfront today would have made a difference imo, we're not talking about spending £20m ffs, but a couple of decent £2-3m additions in key areas could really make a difference...

Agreed.

Truly impaired.

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:34 - Feb 26 with 1701 viewsTendring_Blue

Have to say the last Month has basically proven in my opinion that we have the right manager, I was wavering after derby. But he has done really well with the right loan signings to improve things.

Evans needs to step up the investment, that's now clearly the problem. We need to be supporting mick and the team and pressuring Evans.

Mick is not the issue.
Login to get fewer ads

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:35 - Feb 26 with 1682 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mick yet again proving why I think he's the best man for our budget

We should've been torn apart today. They played quite well but we've had enough fight and battle to get a result

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:36 - Feb 26 with 1645 viewspointofblue

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:32 - Feb 26 by Darth_Koont

I think Mick gambled a bit on the formation and lost today. Evidently it helps to get our better players out on the pitch currently but I thought we lost a fair bit of control out wide.

I wonder if we had the game again whether he wouldn't just try to match up the formation better.

I was a bit concerned when someone from Norwich (Neil? Hoolahan?) mentioned that they had beaten every side which had played 5-3-2/3-5-2 at Carrow Road this season. Like Derby, they obviously have a system which benefits from it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:37 - Feb 26 with 1637 viewsJ2BLUE

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:35 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Mick yet again proving why I think he's the best man for our budget

We should've been torn apart today. They played quite well but we've had enough fight and battle to get a result

Your second paragraph sums up 90 minutes in two sentences.

I think the second the window closed in Jan anyone who held my view immediately realised we were wrong and that Evans is to blame. Although saying that I said at the start of Jan we wouldn't spend anything significant!

Truly impaired.

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:38 - Feb 26 with 1607 viewsjeera

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:24 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

Agreed but to see it so clearly against that those bunch of ***** is depressing. We've been done over by the ridiculous money in the game now. I hope MM demands cash to stay because he deserves much better and at least one season of having a real crack.

I'd be more depressed if I were one of their fans.

All that money and shots were wayward.

They cut us open at times and couldn't finish for sh*t.

We held our own and did Ok for the most part.

First 20 mins especially we looked fragile though. How worrying was that?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 14:39]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:43 - Feb 26 with 1515 viewsbournemouthblue

The vast difference in budgets reflected the quality on offer but today goes to show that the gap is narrowing

First and foremost, we are getting back to being solid, organised and hard to beat. We haven't replaced Murphy so will remain short upfront until we find that magic man.

The squad is better than it was and deeper, I really hope we sign Huws, Diagouraga and Taylor in the summer along with the mystery striker we finally pay money on

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:45 - Feb 26 with 1482 viewsJ2BLUE

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:38 - Feb 26 by jeera

I'd be more depressed if I were one of their fans.

All that money and shots were wayward.

They cut us open at times and couldn't finish for sh*t.

We held our own and did Ok for the most part.

First 20 mins especially we looked fragile though. How worrying was that?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 14:39]

It must be frustrating for their fans but more depressing? Not a chance IMO. Think you're being a bit biased. Not that i'm criticising! Everyone should be biased against the sickening scum.

Truly impaired.

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:49 - Feb 26 with 1402 viewsjeera

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:45 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

It must be frustrating for their fans but more depressing? Not a chance IMO. Think you're being a bit biased. Not that i'm criticising! Everyone should be biased against the sickening scum.

It's our job to be biased.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:50 - Feb 26 with 1351 viewsJ2BLUE

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 14:49 - Feb 26 by jeera

It's our job to be biased.

Agreed. The sight of Delia clapping genuinely sickened me.

Truly impaired.

I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 15:01 - Feb 26 with 1235 viewstractorboy1978

Although their best player today (for me) was young Murphy, even with all the money spent.

We do need to invest more, of course, but just as it always has been, the key for us is bringing through our own talent and developing unproven players.
I found that quite depressing. I really hope Evans was watching. on 17:04 - Feb 26 with 967 viewsBenters

Spot on

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024