Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad changes for next season 15:08 - Feb 26 with 3560 viewsIllinoisblue

Lawrence obviously gone, Berra to Scotland, Bart likely will have offers, can't see Pitman hanging around to be a sub. Could be a more interesting than usual Summer at Portman Rd

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Squad changes for next season on 15:30 - Feb 26 with 2842 viewshoppy

I would (if it hasn't been already and I've just missed it) sort out Chambo on a new deal, try and secure Bart on a longer improved contract and Didz, providing he stays fit, sign Huws and Dave on permanent deals as soon as possible, as well as Berra leaving, others such as Douglas will probably depart, but think that's not a bad spine to work around.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Squad changes for next season on 15:34 - Feb 26 with 2825 viewsMullet

I think us and many other clubs will be in double figures for players in and roughly the same for players out.

I suspect Teddy Bishop can be added to the list of players on the way out given he was dropped from the bench. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do an Ed Upson or Hourihane and drop down to come back up. Would hate to see that happen and him waste his potential.

This is the end of the Mick McCarthy squad #1 at ITFC pretty much.

I fear it's the end of Mick too and we'll be looking at another Jewell type journeyman and revolving door if we're not careful. It's imperative we get it right and Mick could well be our biggest capture of the summer if he's allowed to snap up the loans in and a few others.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Squad changes for next season on 16:06 - Feb 26 with 2713 viewsGarv

Squad changes for next season on 15:34 - Feb 26 by Mullet

I think us and many other clubs will be in double figures for players in and roughly the same for players out.

I suspect Teddy Bishop can be added to the list of players on the way out given he was dropped from the bench. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do an Ed Upson or Hourihane and drop down to come back up. Would hate to see that happen and him waste his potential.

I fear it's the end of Mick too and we'll be looking at another Jewell type journeyman and revolving door if we're not careful. It's imperative we get it right and Mick could well be our biggest capture of the summer if he's allowed to snap up the loans in and a few others.

Frankly I hope Mick escapes capture.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Squad changes for next season on 16:09 - Feb 26 with 2695 viewsMullet

Squad changes for next season on 16:06 - Feb 26 by Garv

Frankly I hope Mick escapes capture.

Who would you replace him with and why?

You can't argue with the job he's done here, he's been our best manager in a decade and that's not just because we've had the worst in 50 years or Roy Keane.

What do we do with our club now if Mick goes? Evans can't suddenly rain down cash again on the new man, and more pertinently isn't going to employ someone who will want that.

Squad changes for next season on 16:11 - Feb 26 with 2683 viewsjas0999

Squad changes for next season on 16:09 - Feb 26 by Mullet

You can't argue with the job he's done here, he's been our best manager in a decade and that's not just because we've had the worst in 50 years or Roy Keane.

What do we do with our club now if Mick goes? Evans can't suddenly rain down cash again on the new man, and more pertinently isn't going to employ someone who will want that.

That's a good point. Who will come here with a limited budget? Probably a sale of a decent asset - maybe Bart - and little money offered to spend. It's a tough sell.
Squad changes for next season on 16:14 - Feb 26 with 2650 viewstractorboy1978

Squad changes for next season on 16:11 - Feb 26 by jas0999

That's a good point. Who will come here with a limited budget? Probably a sale of a decent asset - maybe Bart - and little money offered to spend. It's a tough sell.

You get the impression Mick doesn't want to stay here under that remit either.
Squad changes for next season on 18:43 - Feb 26 with 2470 viewssuperfan

I would rather another manager was given any cash available. Mark Warburton? Alan Pardew? Would either come here, possibly not, but if Marcus is going to invest in the squad, I would rather someone else spent the money.
Squad changes for next season on 18:50 - Feb 26 with 2431 viewsMullet

Squad changes for next season on 18:43 - Feb 26 by superfan

I would rather another manager was given any cash available. Mark Warburton? Alan Pardew? Would either come here, possibly not, but if Marcus is going to invest in the squad, I would rather someone else spent the money.

Despite being a horrible David Brent type, I cant imagine Pardew would lower himself to us. Let alone get the tens of millions he'd require. Plus he's got more skeletons in his closet than your average crime drama.

I liked what Warburton did at Brentford, but don't know if he'd be a huge upgrade on Mick either. He'd be very different but after Rangers where do their managers end up? Have any come down to the Championship? I guess they're in a weird enough spot to make it possible.

Login to get fewer ads

Squad changes for next season on 18:54 - Feb 26 with 2402 viewssuperfan

Squad changes for next season on 18:50 - Feb 26 by Mullet

Despite being a horrible David Brent type, I cant imagine Pardew would lower himself to us. Let alone get the tens of millions he'd require. Plus he's got more skeletons in his closet than your average crime drama.

I liked what Warburton did at Brentford, but don't know if he'd be a huge upgrade on Mick either. He'd be very different but after Rangers where do their managers end up? Have any come down to the Championship? I guess they're in a weird enough spot to make it possible.

A few managers have left the Scottish top flight to take over a Championship side. Not saying he would come here, but it would be stupid not to try and tempt him.
Squad changes for next season on 19:09 - Feb 26 with 2347 viewsbontcho

Squad changes for next season on 15:30 - Feb 26 by hoppy

I would (if it hasn't been already and I've just missed it) sort out Chambo on a new deal, try and secure Bart on a longer improved contract and Didz, providing he stays fit, sign Huws and Dave on permanent deals as soon as possible, as well as Berra leaving, others such as Douglas will probably depart, but think that's not a bad spine to work around.

I suspect one of Bart or Gerken will go.

Berra clearly leaving, Taylor probably unless he looks good at the end of the season.

To get Huws and Diagouraga in permanently I bet we need to get one or two out, Douglas and Bru possibly although the Skuae rumours might be true. I wonder if the club would accept bids for Bishop or Dozzell?

Up front I'd be surprised if Pitman stays unless he doesn't get a good offer. May be get a bit of money elsewhere will mean we can afford to splash the cash on a striker.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Squad changes for next season on 21:46 - Feb 26 with 2133 viewsClausThomsen

Squad changes for next season on 15:34 - Feb 26 by Mullet

Bishop out?
Worth keeping around, even if he does a Bowditch. He can't have turned from a good player into bad one on account of a hamstring injury. No idea what sort of contract he's on but (according to poobum on here) his omission is in part due to a falling out with MM.
Squad changes for next season on 21:48 - Feb 26 with 2122 viewsSomethingBlue

Pitman will leave, I fear McGoldrick may too. Then there's the Mick factor to consider: if he is still here it will presumably mean he's been promised the budget to make a few fundamental changes, and if he isn't then everything goes up in the air. So, yes, I think it will be a busy and revealing time — as well as a pretty concerning one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Squad changes for next season on 21:53 - Feb 26 with 2084 viewsbournemouthblue

Agreed, Bart would require a big fee imho, he is a quality keeper

I would expect £5 - 10 million

We may get a moderate fee for Pitman also

These fees may help bring in a striker, Huws, Dave and maybe Taylor on a longer deal, perhaps even Jonny Williams also

Other than that, it will be about Youth Development O'd suggest?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Squad changes for next season on 21:54 - Feb 26 with 2085 viewsClausThomsen

He's been our best manager since Jim, but he's been here longer than Royle who performed much better.

I'd do everything we can to get Rowett in. Much worse squad at Brum and they were 7th when they sacked him. They were thereabouts last season too.

And he ripped up trees at Burton. Hasn't failed anywhere and comes across well.

A Jewell-esque journeyman would be disastrous. But if the 5 point plan is serious then those aren't the sort of managers we'd be looking at anyway.
Squad changes for next season on 22:02 - Feb 26 with 2021 viewsbournemouthblue

Warburton
The Cowleys
Pearson
Sherwood
Tisdale

There must be a few others?

Edit: Pardew perhaps
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 22:03]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Squad changes for next season on 22:38 - Feb 26 with 1912 viewshadleighboyblue

Squad changes for next season on 19:09 - Feb 26 by bontcho

I suspect one of Bart or Gerken will go.

Berra clearly leaving, Taylor probably unless he looks good at the end of the season.

To get Huws and Diagouraga in permanently I bet we need to get one or two out, Douglas and Bru possibly although the Skuae rumours might be true. I wonder if the club would accept bids for Bishop or Dozzell?

Up front I'd be surprised if Pitman stays unless he doesn't get a good offer. May be get a bit of money elsewhere will mean we can afford to splash the cash on a striker.

I hope the club realise how good and important Bart is , he must be the best keeper in the Championship .

We could not afford a decent replacement , so we need to do all we can to keep him on a good contract
Squad changes for next season on 23:04 - Feb 26 with 1803 viewsBent_double

Squad changes for next season on 22:38 - Feb 26 by hadleighboyblue

I hope the club realise how good and important Bart is , he must be the best keeper in the Championship .

We could not afford a decent replacement , so we need to do all we can to keep him on a good contract

One of the best, definitely.

If he is sold, it must be for at least £7-8m, with at least half of that given to MM (or a new manager) for new players.

Any decent 'keepers in leagues 1 or 2 worth looking at?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Squad changes for next season on 23:38 - Feb 26 with 1710 viewsreusersfreekicks

Squad changes for next season on 22:02 - Feb 26 by bournemouthblue

Warburton
The Cowleys
Pearson
Sherwood
Tisdale

There must be a few others?

Edit: Pardew perhaps
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 22:03]

That is a terrible list. Sherwood!! Pearson!!
Squad changes for next season on 07:27 - Feb 27 with 1478 viewsITFC_Forever

Squad changes for next season on 21:54 - Feb 26 by ClausThomsen

He's been our best manager since Jim, but he's been here longer than Royle who performed much better.

I'd do everything we can to get Rowett in. Much worse squad at Brum and they were 7th when they sacked him. They were thereabouts last season too.

And he ripped up trees at Burton. Hasn't failed anywhere and comes across well.

A Jewell-esque journeyman would be disastrous. But if the 5 point plan is serious then those aren't the sort of managers we'd be looking at anyway.

Why get Rowett when we already have Mick?

The football will be equally poor.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Squad changes for next season on 07:29 - Feb 27 with 1462 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Squad changes for next season on 07:27 - Feb 27 by ITFC_Forever

Why get Rowett when we already have Mick?

The football will be equally poor.

I think Rowett is as good a shout as any to be fair, although half of the fan base will be very disappointed in about 6 months time

Massive LOL at the suggestion of Sherwood in this thread

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Squad changes for next season on 07:41 - Feb 27 with 1428 viewsartsbossbeard

I have it on reasonable good authority that Bart is off in the summer but family staying put in Ipswich as they all love the area.

Pure speculation from me but would therefore think somewhere reasonably commutable, Watford or Palace maybe?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Squad changes for next season on 08:25 - Feb 27 with 1330 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Squad changes for next season on 22:38 - Feb 26 by hadleighboyblue

If Bart goes, Gerken will play and Crowe will get promoted to the bench. Bigger issue to my mind is whether the manager would be given enough of the money to spend if Bart was sold.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Squad changes for next season on 09:04 - Feb 27 with 1244 viewsFrimleyBlue

It'll go one of two ways

Either Mick will be given a budget to be competitive and we will finish 17/18 in top 6

or he wont, he will leave we'll end up Bottom 5 with a new manager with 0 budget

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Squad changes for next season on 09:08 - Feb 27 with 1213 viewsitfcjoe

Ultimately it depends on who the manager is, if it is Mick then guess we will press on in trying to bring in Huws, Diagouraga. If it isn't then it'll be a summer of flux where we will lose senior players out of contract and new manager will come in and start again

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad changes for next season on 09:22 - Feb 27 with 1162 viewssoupytwist

Squad changes for next season on 23:38 - Feb 26 by reusersfreekicks

That is a terrible list. Sherwood!! Pearson!!

Would like Gareth Ainsworth or Paul Tisdale if it comes to needing to replace Mick.

Both based on the entirely unscientific basis that they come across very well in the book "Living on the volcano".

At a push, Phil Brown at Southend if ME wants to go with someone with a bit more experience.

I doubt the Cowleys would be ME's choice and not sure they'd come here either.

Pardew or Sherwood would be a disaster. Pardew wouldn't come here either.

Read this excellent skewering of Sherwood's appeal as a potential manager - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44262/runners-and-r
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024