Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers 15:42 - Feb 26 with 1569 viewseMeM

Why Pitman is left on the bench? He's our best striker with best goal scoring ratio.
Why Sears is playing? Why Moore is coming on as a sub. He was awful. I'm sure MM and TC can see it on training ground that he doesn't have ability to play in football league yet. Some of people here are thinking McGoldrick had a great game with his on the ball skills. As a striker he's average at best and this season he's poor. Only 3 goals including one from penalty.
Strikers on 15:43 - Feb 26 with 1545 viewsDubtractor

Pitman isn't very good.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Strikers on 16:07 - Feb 26 with 1483 viewsRegencyBlue

Strikers on 15:43 - Feb 26 by Dubtractor

Pitman isn't very good.

His goals per game ratio is a damn site better than anyone else we've got!
Strikers on 16:09 - Feb 26 with 1480 viewsSteve_M

McGoldrick has missed large parts of this season through injury but was by far our best player today.

Him and Pitman don't play well together and Pitman struggles to play for 90 minutes, Moore made sense given the state of the game but it was all a bit much for him today.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Strikers on 16:13 - Feb 26 with 1469 viewsMullet

Pitman is excellent with service. Today's game was about the worst possible type to put him into.

Yeah he's always likely to poach something but we had less in the box than usual because the game was so tight. One of the few things Sears really contributed to was covering ground and making them hurry out of the back, our pressing today was excellent.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Strikers on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 1430 viewsSWGF

Strikers on 16:07 - Feb 26 by RegencyBlue

His goals per game ratio is a damn site better than anyone else we've got!

But he's not going to make something out of nothing and we didn't create any chances today apart from the one we scored from.

He looks disinterested when asked to play the "Murphy role"

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Strikers on 16:30 - Feb 26 with 1375 viewseMeM

Strikers on 16:09 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

McGoldrick has missed large parts of this season through injury but was by far our best player today.

Him and Pitman don't play well together and Pitman struggles to play for 90 minutes, Moore made sense given the state of the game but it was all a bit much for him today.

About McGoldrick, he's excellent when he's on the ball but is he a striker? He's movement is more like a midfielder. He doesn't even get in areas where you can look to score goals. Same goes with Sears. The way they play right now there is no way they could score more because they will not get enough opportunities. Lot of time we were attacking and there was no one to cross to. That's why we didn't convert our ball possession to shots. That's why we were awful against non league side. Players are exchanging hundreds of pointless passes without any idea to get it into penalty box and score a goal. Most of the time they don't even try to get into danger zone.

At least Pitman is much better in his movement and that's why he scores more. He's a real striker. Only one we have. If he's fit he has to play every week.
Strikers on 17:25 - Feb 26 with 1263 viewsreusersfreekicks

Strikers on 16:30 - Feb 26 by eMeM

About McGoldrick, he's excellent when he's on the ball but is he a striker? He's movement is more like a midfielder. He doesn't even get in areas where you can look to score goals. Same goes with Sears. The way they play right now there is no way they could score more because they will not get enough opportunities. Lot of time we were attacking and there was no one to cross to. That's why we didn't convert our ball possession to shots. That's why we were awful against non league side. Players are exchanging hundreds of pointless passes without any idea to get it into penalty box and score a goal. Most of the time they don't even try to get into danger zone.

At least Pitman is much better in his movement and that's why he scores more. He's a real striker. Only one we have. If he's fit he has to play every week.

Pitman should have come on instead of Moore - no question. However he can be less visible when he starts games and his petulance towards other team members doesn't help his cause
Strikers on 19:13 - Feb 26 with 1150 viewssuperfan

I agree that Pitman should play, but I do not see him as an out and out striker, more of an advanced midfielder. Unfortunately I do think we have an out and out strike at the moment, but agree, Pitman should start.
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on 19:33 - Feb 26 with 1098 viewsEireannach_gorm

I down voted you instead of upvoting, sorry. I agree with you (partially). While I dont think he is our best and primary striker, I think he should be used more. As someone else said he is not an out and out striker but we did sold the one we had. I am really disappointed with how ineffective Sears has become. He seemed to thrive as a foil for Murphy, now he just seems lost. McGoldrick is just a class player and would perform well in any position. I think he would be fantastic in a Hoolahan type role feeding a proper striker ( or two ).
Strikers on 19:40 - Feb 26 with 1068 viewsRadlett_blue

Strikers on 19:33 - Feb 26 by Eireannach_gorm

I down voted you instead of upvoting, sorry. I agree with you (partially). While I dont think he is our best and primary striker, I think he should be used more. As someone else said he is not an out and out striker but we did sold the one we had. I am really disappointed with how ineffective Sears has become. He seemed to thrive as a foil for Murphy, now he just seems lost. McGoldrick is just a class player and would perform well in any position. I think he would be fantastic in a Hoolahan type role feeding a proper striker ( or two ).

One thing stood out yet again today - the lack of a focal point for our attack. Sears chases well, but holding the ball up isn't his strength. McGoldrick played well, but is best behind a main striker as he likes to drop off & use the ball. So we were reduced to bringing on Moore, who showed a couple of times that he can't keep hold of the ball at this level.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Strikers on 20:14 - Feb 26 with 1006 viewsstrikalite

Strikers on 19:40 - Feb 26 by Radlett_blue

One thing stood out yet again today - the lack of a focal point for our attack. Sears chases well, but holding the ball up isn't his strength. McGoldrick played well, but is best behind a main striker as he likes to drop off & use the ball. So we were reduced to bringing on Moore, who showed a couple of times that he can't keep hold of the ball at this level.

To be fair it was a hard game to come into, he needed a good first touch coming on but lost it within seconds, tough for him, this is where we are though, as I said in another thread today was ideal for a Hugill type, it really does highlight our problem, agree Sears for all our love for him is never going to lead the line and cause problems being the lone man, not his fault....options extremely limited.
Strikers on 21:30 - Feb 26 with 893 viewsBLUEBEAT

Nothing concrete but I sense Pitman isn't particularly popular with a lot of the squad...

Poll: W or W

Strikers on 21:32 - Feb 26 with 879 viewsbournemouthblue

I reckon he'll be off in the summer

Moore seems to be favoured nowadays and perhaps he is still saleable?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Strikers on 23:38 - Feb 26 with 731 viewsbournemouthblue

Strikers on 19:13 - Feb 26 by superfan

I agree that Pitman should play, but I do not see him as an out and out striker, more of an advanced midfielder. Unfortunately I do think we have an out and out strike at the moment, but agree, Pitman should start.

I think he's a bit of a luxury player who requires his side to keep possession of the ball

He's a capable finisher but surely lacks the athleticism for the McCarthy style?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024