Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Spence 17:26 - Feb 26 with 3990 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not very impressed with him defensively today - got roasted a few times. Is he really better than Emmanuel
Jordan Spence on 17:30 - Feb 26 with 3090 viewsclive_baker

He looked very good going forward but a liability defensively. Same against Derby where I thought he was shocking. I like the look of him in the 3, but not at wing back / right back on recent evidence.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jordan Spence on 17:35 - Feb 26 with 3063 viewsLuk38644

Agreed and I said as much at the game.

Seems poor defensively when playing wing-back but offers more going forward.

That said, his cross to Knudsen was wonderful.
Jordan Spence on 17:41 - Feb 26 with 3030 viewsDyland

Jordan Spence on 17:30 - Feb 26 by clive_baker

He looked very good going forward but a liability defensively. Same against Derby where I thought he was shocking. I like the look of him in the 3, but not at wing back / right back on recent evidence.

Same against Leeds. Surprised he was MotM on this board. He shows touches of excellent technique and flair, which I guess is what impresses people. But he also give the ball away in dangerous positions and I'm not totally convinced at the moment. Having said that, he can attack, and great props for the cross for our goal today.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Jordan Spence on 17:43 - Feb 26 with 3009 viewspointofblue

Jordan Spence on 17:41 - Feb 26 by Dyland

Same against Leeds. Surprised he was MotM on this board. He shows touches of excellent technique and flair, which I guess is what impresses people. But he also give the ball away in dangerous positions and I'm not totally convinced at the moment. Having said that, he can attack, and great props for the cross for our goal today.

Have we found ourselves a right winger???

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jordan Spence on 17:43 - Feb 26 with 3008 viewsreusersfreekicks

Jordan Spence on 17:35 - Feb 26 by Luk38644

Agreed and I said as much at the game.

Seems poor defensively when playing wing-back but offers more going forward.

That said, his cross to Knudsen was wonderful.

tbh it was a fairly std cross without much pace or anything. Going forward, and defensively, I prefer Emmanuel from what I have seen of both of them
Jordan Spence on 17:45 - Feb 26 with 2984 viewsDyland

Jordan Spence on 17:43 - Feb 26 by pointofblue

Have we found ourselves a right winger???

Nope! We have another okay player who could be good, but may not be. Plus ca change.

Jordan Spence on 17:48 - Feb 26 with 2955 viewsclive_baker

Jordan Spence on 17:41 - Feb 26 by Dyland

He was more Louie Spence against Leeds.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jordan Spence on 17:50 - Feb 26 with 2921 viewsDyland

Jordan Spence on 17:48 - Feb 26 by clive_baker

He was more Louie Spence against Leeds.

A mighty similar gag was made in the Sheep Haven Bay #bantz ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Spence on 17:51 - Feb 26 with 2921 viewsTIB

Him and Kenlock both struggled today. Kenlock needs to strengthen up or man up and be a little more physical against the wingers and Spence...it was just his awareness, the amount of times an overlap occurred and he was nowhere to be seen.

That said, a solid result...still seething from the decision not to award a penalty to Didz in first half...a truly embarrassing decision by the ref.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Jordan Spence on 17:56 - Feb 26 with 2879 viewsDyland

Jordan Spence on 17:51 - Feb 26 by TIB

Him and Kenlock both struggled today. Kenlock needs to strengthen up or man up and be a little more physical against the wingers and Spence...it was just his awareness, the amount of times an overlap occurred and he was nowhere to be seen.

That said, a solid result...still seething from the decision not to award a penalty to Didz in first half...a truly embarrassing decision by the ref.

I can't recall seeing such a bizarre and obvious foul. Maybe that's why the ref fvkeced it up. He just didn't believe his own eyes.

I'd be looking at irregular betting patterns and companies offering odds on rugby tackles being made at football matches.

Jordan Spence on 18:00 - Feb 26 with 2842 viewsRegencyBlue

Jordan Spence on 17:56 - Feb 26 by Dyland

I can't recall seeing such a bizarre and obvious foul. Maybe that's why the ref fvkeced it up. He just didn't believe his own eyes.

I'd be looking at irregular betting patterns and companies offering odds on rugby tackles being made at football matches.

On the replays the ref wasn't looking in the box, he was looking out towards the corner flag.

There was no excuse for the lino though who must have seen what happened but clearly bottled it!
Jordan Spence on 18:04 - Feb 26 with 2795 viewsTIB

Jordan Spence on 18:00 - Feb 26 by RegencyBlue

On the replays the ref wasn't looking in the box, he was looking out towards the corner flag.

There was no excuse for the lino though who must have seen what happened but clearly bottled it!

That's what p*ssed me off the most...the fact he'd been looking the wrong way but he then see's 3 players on the floor and decides to blow up for a free kick...even though he didn't see anything.

That Van Dijk lad though...he'll be laughing after seeing replays and getting away with it.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Jordan Spence on 18:16 - Feb 26 with 2716 viewsblueislander

Jordan Spence on 17:30 - Feb 26 by clive_baker

He looked really good as one of three central defenders at Villa. No doubt in my mind that Emmanuel is the better wing back.
Jordan Spence on 18:30 - Feb 26 with 2615 viewsmonty_radio

Jordan Spence on 17:43 - Feb 26 by reusersfreekicks

tbh it was a fairly std cross without much pace or anything. Going forward, and defensively, I prefer Emmanuel from what I have seen of both of them

Spence looked up and, in effect, passed it onto Knudsen's head.

If that was a "standard" cross it was not according to the more normal custom of ITFC.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jordan Spence on 18:32 - Feb 26 with 2584 viewsjas0999

Another cheap option to see us through. Done a lot better than I thought he would in fairness, but we need better if we wish to progress.
Jordan Spence on 18:36 - Feb 26 with 2532 viewscbower

Jordan Spence on 18:04 - Feb 26 by TIB

That's what p*ssed me off the most...the fact he'd been looking the wrong way but he then see's 3 players on the floor and decides to blow up for a free kick...even though he didn't see anything.

That Van Dijk lad though...he'll be laughing after seeing replays and getting away with it.

For that foul and his hand ball for the disallowed goal, he really should have been sent off. Apalling refereeing. Why be looking at the corner taker ffs?

bluescouser

Jordan Spence on 18:44 - Feb 26 with 2482 viewsMullet

He's not better at WB but RB and arguably same as Knudsen in that respect.

Better footballer and a decent range of passing which is his biggest asset comparatively. Don't think it helped that both WB's needed Chambers or JK then Smith to funnel play defensively.

Could have cost big time as it nearly did when Berra saw out Jerome more than once or he and Chambers missed the ball completely. Scum had too many and too good attacking players to go up against them one on one every time.

Thought it showed too when we sacrificed Huws for Diagouraga but then had less options and more disconnect ahead of the two sitters.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jordan Spence on 18:48 - Feb 26 with 2460 viewsNSL

How anyone can criticise our fullbacks today is completely beyond me.

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Jordan Spence on 20:30 - Mar 4 with 2064 viewsElderGrizzly

Jordan Spence on 18:32 - Feb 26 by jas0999

Another cheap option to see us through. Done a lot better than I thought he would in fairness, but we need better if we wish to progress.

He was MoM today btw and is clearly an upgrade on Emmanuel right now. That's all we can ask him to do

He wa brought in when we were in a dire situation with injuries at the back. Nothing to lose and he's done well.
Jordan Spence on 20:38 - Mar 4 with 2007 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Agree. A lot of smoke and mirrors from MM fact is one win in 9 and no back to back wins is awful. The likes of Emmanuel, Sears, Bishop and even Smith are being ignored for guys who aren't going to be here next season like Berra and probably Chambers. Need to get these guys in the team or its back to the drawing board again because who of the loan signings are likely to stay Huws and Dave? Sorry to see yet again set up to draw the game despite us again taking the lead, when do we ever look like going for the throat and try and get on the front foot and get a second or third?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Jordan Spence on 20:43 - Mar 4 with 1976 viewsLuk38644

Jordan Spence on 20:30 - Mar 4 by ElderGrizzly

He was MoM today btw and is clearly an upgrade on Emmanuel right now. That's all we can ask him to do

He wa brought in when we were in a dire situation with injuries at the back. Nothing to lose and he's done well.

He was voted MOTM? By who?

I'm still not convinced by him at wing-back and would much prefer Emmanuel to play. IMHO, defensively, he's average yet his attacking play seems decent, but today he didn't offer too much going forward.

I'm not saying he's bad, but he just seems average for this level, I think we could do better, whether that's blooding Emmanuel or signing a more natural wing-back, I don't think the long-term answer is Spence.

He's competent backup but not a first team RB/RWB for me.
Jordan Spence on 20:53 - Mar 4 with 1936 viewsfabian_illness

I like him.
Poor mans Mings.
He's better than Emmanuel for me, Josh is a work in progress and far more prone to mistakes at the moment.
Jordan Spence on 20:55 - Mar 4 with 1925 viewsElderGrizzly

Jordan Spence on 20:43 - Mar 4 by Luk38644

He was voted MOTM? By who?

I'm still not convinced by him at wing-back and would much prefer Emmanuel to play. IMHO, defensively, he's average yet his attacking play seems decent, but today he didn't offer too much going forward.

I'm not saying he's bad, but he just seems average for this level, I think we could do better, whether that's blooding Emmanuel or signing a more natural wing-back, I don't think the long-term answer is Spence.

He's competent backup but not a first team RB/RWB for me.

Sponsors voted him MoM

He's a better option than Emmanuel right now, but agree he's not the long term solution. A good squad player for me
Jordan Spence on 21:26 - Mar 4 with 1830 viewsLuk38644

Jordan Spence on 20:55 - Mar 4 by ElderGrizzly

Sponsors voted him MoM

He's a better option than Emmanuel right now, but agree he's not the long term solution. A good squad player for me

Fair enough, although I would have personally picked Skuse who was the best of a bad bunch today.

As you say, decent squad player but for long-term, we either need to blood Emannuel or sign a natural wing-back. Given their age, our situation and their ability, I would be starting Emmanuel now.
Jordan Spence on 21:28 - Mar 4 with 1803 viewsElderGrizzly

Jordan Spence on 21:26 - Mar 4 by Luk38644

Fair enough, although I would have personally picked Skuse who was the best of a bad bunch today.

As you say, decent squad player but for long-term, we either need to blood Emannuel or sign a natural wing-back. Given their age, our situation and their ability, I would be starting Emmanuel now.

I wouldn't if it meant we lost more games. Wouldn't help anyone at club right now and atmosphere would turn again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024