Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vietnam... 17:53 - Feb 26 with 1848 viewsTIB

Who's been there on their travels?

I have just hired a guy on Fiverr to design me a logo and he's from Vietnam and it sparked me to have a look at holidays there...it looks a truly amazing place.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Vietnam... on 17:56 - Feb 26 with 1835 viewsJ2BLUE

The preview of this thread in table mode is:

'Who's been there on their travels? I have just hired a guy on Fiverr'

I was thinking whatever you're into mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vietnam... on 17:57 - Feb 26 with 1819 viewsTIB

Vietnam... on 17:56 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

The preview of this thread in table mode is:

'Who's been there on their travels? I have just hired a guy on Fiverr'

I was thinking whatever you're into mate.

Strictly leisure this thread...not looked into the Vietnamese dwarf market before.

Vietnam... on 17:59 - Feb 26 with 1810 viewsJ2BLUE

Vietnam... on 17:57 - Feb 26 by TIB

Strictly leisure this thread...not looked into the Vietnamese dwarf market before.

You're fooling no one .

Truly impaired.

Vietnam... on 18:00 - Feb 26 with 1803 viewsTIB

Vietnam... on 17:59 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

You're fooling no one .

Ok...I'm trading the wife in for a Vietnamese dwarf called Bruce. There, my secret is out.

Vietnam... on 18:03 - Feb 26 with 1787 viewsJ2BLUE

Vietnam... on 18:00 - Feb 26 by TIB

Ok...I'm trading the wife in for a Vietnamese dwarf called Bruce. There, my secret is out.

A walking, talking portable armrest. Excellent idea.

Truly impaired.

Vietnam... on 18:04 - Feb 26 with 1788 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Fabulous country. Did a tour with g adventures a month ago, amazing sights, great food, friendly locals, very cheap to eat,drink & travel.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Vietnam... on 18:06 - Feb 26 with 1774 viewsTIB

Vietnam... on 18:04 - Feb 26 by StochesStotasBlewe

Fabulous country. Did a tour with g adventures a month ago, amazing sights, great food, friendly locals, very cheap to eat,drink & travel.

I've been looking at two small beach resorts...one in Con Dao and another in Ninh Van Bay. Considering doing 7-10 days there and a few more days exploring. Where abouts did you visit Pine?

Vietnam... on 18:13 - Feb 26 with 1738 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Vietnam... on 18:06 - Feb 26 by TIB

I've been looking at two small beach resorts...one in Con Dao and another in Ninh Van Bay. Considering doing 7-10 days there and a few more days exploring. Where abouts did you visit Pine?

Hanoi, Halong bay, Hue, Hoi an, Saigon, Mui ne, lot of travelling in 14 days but crammed a fair bit in. Weather was great too.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Vietnam... on 18:16 - Feb 26 with 1731 viewsBathBlue

Vietnam... on 18:06 - Feb 26 by TIB

Best country I've ever been too. Amazing food. You have to go to Hoi An (Short taxi from Danang) if you visit. Idyllic town with beach close by and tailors everywhere you look!
Vietnam... on 18:23 - Feb 26 with 1700 viewsPavlovsCat

It's a cracking destination: great scenery, great beaches, great people, great food. It's also steeped in a fascinating history. Not least the 'American War', as it's known over there.

Go before it becomes too Westernised.
Vietnam... on 18:29 - Feb 26 with 1672 viewsmos

If you do go,

Go to the vietnam war museums. They're incredible, I'm pretty sure you can fire off a couple of rounds from guns too, all god fun!
But the actual museums are much more interesting than the British ones.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Vietnam... on 18:35 - Feb 26 with 1651 viewshochiblue

Vietnam... on 18:23 - Feb 26 by PavlovsCat

It's a cracking destination: great scenery, great beaches, great people, great food. It's also steeped in a fascinating history. Not least the 'American War', as it's known over there.

Go before it becomes too Westernised.

Wow! What a country. My next trip will be my 76th!

I'd go to Hanoi, take in the museums, go see Ho, single pillar pagoda, university,Lake of the Returned Sword (a bit like Arthur) where the turtle is supposed to be hundreds of years old, eat at Indochine. To cross the road is like the leap of faith in Indiana Jones. Go to Hue, Hoi An, Perfumed Pagoda (South of Hanoi). Draw breath at the Da Nang Furama, make your way to HCMC (Saigon is just a District of HCMC now). More museums, see where the helicopters left from. Go To Tan Yin, see the Cao Dai temple (inspired and built by a recovering drug addict who channelled Victor Hugo, visit the tunnels at Cu Chi. Eat pho at pavement cafes, drink drip coffee . Don't bother too much with Nha Trang, very touristy.

Read something like The Bright Shining Lie before you go, just so you understand a bit more. Its a fabulous country, lovely people, great food. Trying to remember why I came back the last time.
Vietnam... on 18:36 - Feb 26 with 1651 viewsjaykay

been there 6 times in the last 7 years.i love the place as other posters say great food,great people,great beaches and countryside.halong bay on a clear day is breath taking.
cambodia is another great place and even cheaper than vietnam

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Vietnam... on 18:54 - Feb 26 with 1615 viewsTIB

Well, that's me sold. I get the feeling it's a bit of a hidden gem and I've only been as East as The Maldives so am keen to get somewhere in Asia. Plenty of things to explore and plan into an itinianary.

Vietnam... on 19:01 - Feb 26 with 1600 viewsMJallday

Vietnam... on 18:13 - Feb 26 by StochesStotasBlewe

Hanoi, Halong bay, Hue, Hoi an, Saigon, Mui ne, lot of travelling in 14 days but crammed a fair bit in. Weather was great too.

halong bay is definately on my list

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Vietnam... on 19:03 - Feb 26 with 1593 viewsSwansea_Blue

Vietnam... on 18:54 - Feb 26 by TIB

Well, that's me sold. I get the feeling it's a bit of a hidden gem and I've only been as East as The Maldives so am keen to get somewhere in Asia. Plenty of things to explore and plan into an itinianary.

Do it. I've never been, but it's got to be a good candidate for a backpacking or cycle tour. Don't forget to post the video when you're done

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Vietnam... on 19:34 - Feb 26 with 1545 viewsTIB

Vietnam... on 19:03 - Feb 26 by Swansea_Blue

Do it. I've never been, but it's got to be a good candidate for a backpacking or cycle tour. Don't forget to post the video when you're done

Ha. Never go on my travels without my camera...the cycling is being saved for June/July though...heading to Helsinki, buying a cheap bike with the aim of then getting to Lofoten Islands in Northern Norway...via Sweden...all inside a week
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 19:35]

Vietnam... on 19:58 - Feb 26 with 1493 viewsjaykay

Vietnam... on 18:54 - Feb 26 by TIB

you go for it.i only ever holiday in s.e. asia.the only sad thing is mcdonalds have got a foothold now,sad to see the young asians eating that crap.when their street food tastes 10 times beter and more healthy

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Vietnam... on 20:19 - Feb 26 with 1463 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Vietnam... on 19:58 - Feb 26 by jaykay

you go for it.i only ever holiday in s.e. asia.the only sad thing is mcdonalds have got a foothold now,sad to see the young asians eating that crap.when their street food tastes 10 times beter and more healthy

The beer at said street food places worked out at about 15p a glass. Could eat & have a beer for less than a pound. Would like to go back next year, see more of Hanoi & the places we didn,t get to visit this time.

Vietnam... on 20:50 - Feb 26 with 1427 viewsDubtractor

Never been there, but I can tell you that the average age of a combat soldier in the Vietnam war was 19.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Vietnam... on 21:07 - Feb 26 with 1388 viewsjeera

Vietnam... on 20:50 - Feb 26 by Dubtractor

Never been there, but I can tell you that the average age of a combat soldier in the Vietnam war was 19.

N n n n n n n n no way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024