Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something to get off my chest 18:35 - Feb 26 with 5269 viewstractordownsouth

Just watched a review from Chris Reeve on TalkNorwichCity ( I know I shouldn't have but couldn't find any other reviews yet), claiming that 'it was a disgrace that Ipswich got a point in their fa cup final' and didn't deserve it because 'our keeper kept us in it.'

This saying has always really p1ssed me off. Whilst I accept that without Bart we would have been beaten, it's ridiculous to suggest it's disgraceful because our GK was our best player. It's like if Jerome had scored a hattrick and us saying " well they didn't deserve it because he was the only reason for them winning."

Like any team, you look to play to your strengths. Norwich were the better side today but we also executed our game plan well. As the commentator pointed out, the gap in finances mean we have to play a certain way ( In the Cup, lower-league teams are never labelled like this if they beat a side higher in the league standings), and whilst the build up was often slow, we soaked up pressure and tried to get the ball down and play.

It's other teams as well that say this and I know I'm taking the bait but seems like we're criticised for hoofing but then when we play nicer football with good organisation it is 'disgraceful to nick a point.' Fickle beyond belief.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Something to get off my chest on 13:08 - Feb 27 with 826 viewsJacko

Something to get off my chest on 12:33 - Feb 27 by PJH

It is nice when you and a couple of others from the other side visit our site and make sensible comments.

It is strange regarding the non penalty because seeing it again only McG of our players makes any sort of suggestion that it was a foul,Berra right next to him does not react at all.
At the game it did not occur to me (or apparently anyone near me)that McG had been wrestled to the ground.

Looking forward to next season because we are now one game nearer beating you.

It was a very strange incident as you say. The referee wasn't looking and evidently the total lack of reaction from the players suggested he hadn't missed much of note. To me at the time it looked pretty clear from my seat what had happened so I was really surprised - both at the decision and the reaction of the Ipswich players.

This also brings in a wider issue of why I actually (to an extent, there are most certainly limits) I have no issue with players making the most of fouls in order to bring them to the referee's attention.

In this incident Djiks has gained a ridiculously unfair advantage by hauling McGoldrick over. Whilst McGoldrick's reaction in many ways was very laudable, he's putting himself at a major disadvantage by not making more of it and it could've been the difference between drawing and losing yesterday. He certainly doesn't owe anything to Djiks, who's fouled him unfairly and deliberately.

Incidentally, I thought McGoldrick was excellent yesterday that being said.

Ideally, of course, referees would just give these decisions without prompting but sadly that doesn't happen in reality.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 13:11]
Something to get off my chest on 13:43 - Feb 27 with 784 viewsBecclesITFC

Something to get off my chest on 13:08 - Feb 27 by Jacko

It was a very strange incident as you say. The referee wasn't looking and evidently the total lack of reaction from the players suggested he hadn't missed much of note. To me at the time it looked pretty clear from my seat what had happened so I was really surprised - both at the decision and the reaction of the Ipswich players.

This also brings in a wider issue of why I actually (to an extent, there are most certainly limits) I have no issue with players making the most of fouls in order to bring them to the referee's attention.

In this incident Djiks has gained a ridiculously unfair advantage by hauling McGoldrick over. Whilst McGoldrick's reaction in many ways was very laudable, he's putting himself at a major disadvantage by not making more of it and it could've been the difference between drawing and losing yesterday. He certainly doesn't owe anything to Djiks, who's fouled him unfairly and deliberately.

Incidentally, I thought McGoldrick was excellent yesterday that being said.

Ideally, of course, referees would just give these decisions without prompting but sadly that doesn't happen in reality.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 13:11]

Agree with pretty much most of what you say. And I regard Norwich fans as higher than the jack and is relative.

We are pleased with a point against a team, who in paper, should finish in the top 4.

When I look at Norwich I see a little lack of ambition.
The last few years have been one of the best periods Norwich have had.
On and off the pitch the club is in really good shape.
You need to get rid of your manager and Delia. There is no reason they couldn't had spent a few quid last season and kept you up. Delia is happy where you are, I would be
wanting her to leave the club if I was a Norwich fan.
Something to get off my chest on 13:49 - Feb 27 with 757 viewsSuperfrans

Who is he? What is TalkNorwichCity?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Something to get off my chest on 13:57 - Feb 27 with 737 viewsBecclesITFC

Something to get off my chest on 13:49 - Feb 27 by Superfrans

Who is he? What is TalkNorwichCity?

Type it in YouTube. Enjoy!!!
Something to get off my chest on 14:11 - Feb 27 with 707 viewsnorth_stand77

Something to get off my chest on 23:01 - Feb 26 by pointofblue

£57m plus two lucky ref decisions - 2 points
£1m plus no lucky ref decisions - 2 points

Maybe next year we'll face eleven men rather than twelve...

Stopped off at a pub on the way home, with a few budgies in it.

This very peed off bloke in his fifties said to me " No disrespect but we should easily be beating the likes of you, Burton and Rotherham "

I just smiled and said " Well you didn't did you, and the score today was one all, so how does that make you any better?"

"Well we had 24 shots 'on ghoul' and you had one and scored'

"Well that's all we needed"

Pompous Git
Something to get off my chest on 16:11 - Feb 27 with 656 viewsTheBlueBarca

I think we are giving them too much credit now.

They struggled to score and only a monumental cock up let them in, aside from that it was all hot air, nothing came of any of their possession and we shut them out. They would have lost the game if it wasn't for that atrocious refereeing decision that many are rightly laughing at. They are only what, 10 points ahead of us in the league and we've had a bad season with a weakened squad. We didn't even have our best player on the pitch. They must be feeling a bit sick today and for all their own overhype they looked pretty pathetic for it.

We put in an away performance anyone worth their salt would have put in, we have had teams do it to us as well. That's how football works, you set your team up based on your opponent's, location and to win points. We did that and were unlucky not to win. One cock up and a penalty decision cost us the extra two points, they never looked like taking all 3 despite having more chances.

Let's not build them up as anything other than what they are, top 10 at best. They can be deluded all they like, if this is their "glory" years of yo yoing between the top 3 divisions then surely that exposes them as the tinpot outfit they are.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024