Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something to get off my chest 18:35 - Feb 26 with 5265 viewstractordownsouth

Just watched a review from Chris Reeve on TalkNorwichCity ( I know I shouldn't have but couldn't find any other reviews yet), claiming that 'it was a disgrace that Ipswich got a point in their fa cup final' and didn't deserve it because 'our keeper kept us in it.'

This saying has always really p1ssed me off. Whilst I accept that without Bart we would have been beaten, it's ridiculous to suggest it's disgraceful because our GK was our best player. It's like if Jerome had scored a hattrick and us saying " well they didn't deserve it because he was the only reason for them winning."

Like any team, you look to play to your strengths. Norwich were the better side today but we also executed our game plan well. As the commentator pointed out, the gap in finances mean we have to play a certain way ( In the Cup, lower-league teams are never labelled like this if they beat a side higher in the league standings), and whilst the build up was often slow, we soaked up pressure and tried to get the ball down and play.

It's other teams as well that say this and I know I'm taking the bait but seems like we're criticised for hoofing but then when we play nicer football with good organisation it is 'disgraceful to nick a point.' Fickle beyond belief.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Something to get off my chest on 18:37 - Feb 26 with 4353 viewsMullet

Is he the deluded little Simon Thomas photocopy?

Even the scum fans hate him. That's the exact sort of sh1t he comes out with constantly.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Something to get off my chest on 18:38 - Feb 26 with 4340 viewsm14_blue

The guy's an absolute muppet.

Don't give him the oxygen he's so pathetically desperate for.
Something to get off my chest on 18:39 - Feb 26 with 4328 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't let it upset you. Enjoy them getting upset.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Something to get off my chest on 18:41 - Feb 26 with 4269 viewstractordownsouth

Something to get off my chest on 18:37 - Feb 26 by Mullet

Is he the deluded little Simon Thomas photocopy?

Even the scum fans hate him. That's the exact sort of sh1t he comes out with constantly.

No, it's his brother with the glasses. I don't mind the main 'presenter' as much tbf although the 'taking the away pub' was hilarious hahaha

Something to get off my chest on 18:46 - Feb 26 with 4206 viewsMullet

Something to get off my chest on 18:41 - Feb 26 by tractordownsouth

No, it's his brother with the glasses. I don't mind the main 'presenter' as much tbf although the 'taking the away pub' was hilarious hahaha

Two cheeks of the same ass aren't they basically? Oxygen seeking wannabe celebrity fans no?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Something to get off my chest on 18:48 - Feb 26 with 4175 viewssuperfan

" like any team, you look to play to your strengths " ?
Something to get off my chest on 18:49 - Feb 26 with 4149 viewstractordownsouth

Something to get off my chest on 18:48 - Feb 26 by superfan

" like any team, you look to play to your strengths " ?

I'm missing the joke here clearly haha

Something to get off my chest on 19:28 - Feb 26 with 3941 viewsGeoffSentence

Yes, some people seem to forget that defending and keeping goal are part of the game.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Something to get off my chest on 19:33 - Feb 26 with 3888 viewsMJallday

theyre just p1ssed off that they cant lord it over us. they are supposed to be "oh so superior" - but cant beat us.

embrace it. its funny
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 20:46]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Something to get off my chest on 20:19 - Feb 26 with 3656 viewsStenvict

"Their FA Cup Final"

At least we know what it's like to be in one.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Something to get off my chest on 21:14 - Feb 26 with 3385 viewssouthnorfolkblue

To be fair Most of Bart's saves were pretty routine and would be saved by most professional Goalkeepers. If he had made a worldly then fair enough, but I have never understood opposition fans bemoaning their luck when the GK does his job.

Bottom line is that their expensively assembled squad have no cutting edge, but he won't to accept that of course

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Something to get off my chest on 21:25 - Feb 26 with 3294 viewschristiand

Bottom line is they weren't good enough to win the match....what a shame!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Something to get off my chest on 21:39 - Feb 26 with 3216 viewsbournemouthblue

They were lucky at Portman Road so we were due a bit of luck

In the last decade or so, they have had more luck than us imho

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Something to get off my chest on 21:51 - Feb 26 with 3131 viewsjeera

Something to get off my chest on 21:14 - Feb 26 by southnorfolkblue

To be fair Most of Bart's saves were pretty routine and would be saved by most professional Goalkeepers. If he had made a worldly then fair enough, but I have never understood opposition fans bemoaning their luck when the GK does his job.

Bottom line is that their expensively assembled squad have no cutting edge, but he won't to accept that of course

Absolutely this. Bart didn't have to do anything extraordinary, just his job.

We should have/ could have won that had we been awarded the penalty we were owed.

Load of hot air from the budgie tw@t.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Something to get off my chest on 22:10 - Feb 26 with 3020 viewsmos

It p1sses me off too, when Chris talks about "our big day" against them.
They're clearly all uneducated and unimaginative as they all came up with "tey wer selebraiting liek tey wun teh FA kup".

Chris, the potato looking c*nt with glasses - Luk38644

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Something to get off my chest on 22:16 - Feb 26 with 2974 viewsPinewoodblue

If Reve did his research he would know that Mick doesn't do cups.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Something to get off my chest on 23:01 - Feb 26 with 2783 viewspointofblue

£57m plus two lucky ref decisions - 2 points
£1m plus no lucky ref decisions - 2 points

Maybe next year we'll face eleven men rather than twelve...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Something to get off my chest on 08:12 - Feb 27 with 2533 viewsHerbivore

The only disgrace about the game was the referee somehow giving them a free kick against Didz when it was a stonewall penalty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Something to get off my chest on 08:44 - Feb 27 with 2474 viewsitfcjoe

The bloke is an absolute melt.

I'd guess the majority of their fan base are embarrassed by him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Something to get off my chest on 08:53 - Feb 27 with 2399 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Something to get off my chest on 08:44 - Feb 27 by itfcjoe

The bloke is an absolute melt.

I'd guess the majority of their fan base are embarrassed by him.

About my age ain't he?

He will get what's coming from someone one day. He seems the smarmy type that would p1ss of a lot of people to get what he wants

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Something to get off my chest on 10:27 - Feb 27 with 2193 viewsBecclesITFC

He used to annoy me too. But then you have to realise that,
He is a little kid who interviews the same 3 fans every week. He is disliked by most Norwich fans.
He lives in Great Yarmouth. He looks about 6 and is slightly crossed eyed. His relative looks even more mental and clearly bullied at school (which I will add isn't a good thing).
Most of his subscribers and comments are ipswich fans ripping into him in a
Pi$$ take way.
He shows himself to be an unhappy little raging teenager.
He's like 18 and is making little videos on his phone. Bit sad really isn't he.
His channel is a bit of footage in his bedroom as he is not allowed to film in the ground.
He is as professional as Norwich puppet man. He will not amount to anything with his little videos.

Never seen him happy. Just a misterable wast of space.

So don't let him worry you. ;-).

Ps I love his videos.
Something to get off my chest on 11:58 - Feb 27 with 2042 viewspatrickswell

Something to get off my chest on 19:33 - Feb 26 by MJallday

theyre just p1ssed off that they cant lord it over us. they are supposed to be "oh so superior" - but cant beat us.

embrace it. its funny
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 20:46]

Jack was interviewing a woman who was so frustrated by the result, she kept saying "We are so much better than them, aren't we?" like a mantra. And I watched her and thought, "Yes, you are and you have been, just as we've been so much better than you in the past. It's cyclical and the cycle will turn again...."
Something to get off my chest on 12:15 - Feb 27 with 1970 viewsJacko

Norwich fan in peace here.

First thing to say is, I really wouldn't waste any energy getting wound up by what Reeve or his brother say on their channel. I can't speak for the majority of fans but I personally find their stuff really quite embarrassing and I dislike the fact the fact they seem to regard themselves as a mouthpiece for fan opinion at the club.

As for the Derby itself. I thought Ipswich were well worth a point yesterday. It is true the Bart Man made some cracking saves but ultimately isn't that kind of what a professional goalkeeper is paid to do? Stop that white thing going in the goal. So fair play to him, that's not good fortune. He's been performing at that level for years now.

It's also true that Ipswich were denied the most blatant penalty you'll ever see. Where the hell that holding directive that arrived to such fanfare in the summer has gone, God only knows?

When it was all said and done I thought a point was about right. It perfectly encapsulated our shortcomings this season and why we aren't going to be in the top 6 at the end of the season. Both sides need major work in the summer. Whether that will be with the current managers remains to be seen.

See you all next season chaps.
Something to get off my chest on 12:33 - Feb 27 with 1889 viewsPJH

Something to get off my chest on 12:15 - Feb 27 by Jacko

Norwich fan in peace here.

First thing to say is, I really wouldn't waste any energy getting wound up by what Reeve or his brother say on their channel. I can't speak for the majority of fans but I personally find their stuff really quite embarrassing and I dislike the fact the fact they seem to regard themselves as a mouthpiece for fan opinion at the club.

As for the Derby itself. I thought Ipswich were well worth a point yesterday. It is true the Bart Man made some cracking saves but ultimately isn't that kind of what a professional goalkeeper is paid to do? Stop that white thing going in the goal. So fair play to him, that's not good fortune. He's been performing at that level for years now.

It's also true that Ipswich were denied the most blatant penalty you'll ever see. Where the hell that holding directive that arrived to such fanfare in the summer has gone, God only knows?

When it was all said and done I thought a point was about right. It perfectly encapsulated our shortcomings this season and why we aren't going to be in the top 6 at the end of the season. Both sides need major work in the summer. Whether that will be with the current managers remains to be seen.

See you all next season chaps.

It is nice when you and a couple of others from the other side visit our site and make sensible comments.

It is strange regarding the non penalty because seeing it again only McG of our players makes any sort of suggestion that it was a foul,Berra right next to him does not react at all.
At the game it did not occur to me (or apparently anyone near me)that McG had been wrestled to the ground.

Looking forward to next season because we are now one game nearer beating you.
Something to get off my chest on 12:42 - Feb 27 with 1840 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Something to get off my chest on 22:10 - Feb 26 by mos

It p1sses me off too, when Chris talks about "our big day" against them.
They're clearly all uneducated and unimaginative as they all came up with "tey wer selebraiting liek tey wun teh FA kup".

Chris, the potato looking c*nt with glasses - Luk38644

Clearly they need something to moan about - as like Derby they are going to f up the chance of at least getting in the play offs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024