Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) 19:36 - Feb 26 with 2306 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:43 - Feb 26 with 2257 viewsEdwardF

yes

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:46 - Feb 26 with 2213 viewsnorth_stand77

Yes. And it felt good.
Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:47 - Feb 26 with 2201 viewscruncher

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:46 - Feb 26 by north_stand77

Yes. And it felt good.

But we are not.
Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:49 - Feb 26 with 2162 viewsBlue_Order

I picked it up midway through, and was all set for "Champions of England..." but everyone sang Europe instead.

Bit of a red neck tbh.
Did we really sing on 19:51 - Feb 26 with 2122 viewsbluejacko

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:47 - Feb 26 by cruncher

But we are not.

Yes but we have been both and they never will be!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 19:52]
Did we really sing on 19:53 - Feb 26 with 2092 viewsBlue_Order

Did we really sing on 19:51 - Feb 26 by bluejacko

The UEFA Cup winners aren't the "Champions of Europe" though.
Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:54 - Feb 26 with 2085 viewscruncher

Hum yes I get that but it was UEFA cup .
Did we really sing on 19:55 - Feb 26 with 2063 viewsGeoffSentence

UEFA Cup winners isn't quite the same as Champions of Europe. But yeah, those sort of fine distinctions don't make for good chants.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Did we really sing on 19:57 - Feb 26 with 2022 viewsLankHenners

Did we really sing on 19:55 - Feb 26 by GeoffSentence

UEFA Cup winners isn't quite the same as Champions of Europe. But yeah, those sort of fine distinctions don't make for good chants.

Also, kind of sets up a self put down by Norwich fans - "yeah, you're not the Champions of Europe, you've actually only won the trophy that comes second to that".

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Did we really sing on 19:58 - Feb 26 with 1994 viewsbluejacko

Did we really sing on 19:55 - Feb 26 by GeoffSentence

As you say but it still winds them up 😀
Did we really sing on 20:00 - Feb 26 with 1971 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Did we really sing on 19:57 - Feb 26 by LankHenners

Also, kind of sets up a self put down by Norwich fans - "yeah, you're not the Champions of Europe, you've actually only won the trophy that comes second to that".

'Only' 😂😂😂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 20:05 - Feb 26 with 1905 viewsjaykay

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:54 - Feb 26 by cruncher

yes but in those days it was as strong as the european cup.not like now when teams outside the top 4 play in it

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 20:12 - Feb 26 with 1823 viewsSitfcB

Yes ffs. In the 61/62nd mins.....

Should've been Champions of England!!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 20:38 - Feb 26 with 1637 viewsFtnfwest

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 19:54 - Feb 26 by cruncher

Amend it to champions in Europe, job done
Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 20:53 - Feb 26 with 1512 viewsnorth_stand77

Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 20:38 - Feb 26 by Ftnfwest

Amend it to champions in Europe, job done

And it still was funny to sing it and see them irate.
Did we really sing " Champions of Europe, you'll never say that"? (n/t) on 21:06 - Feb 26 with 1396 viewsSomethingBlue

I think it's fair enough, and obvious what it meant. Why the self-loathing from some of our fans? It goes a bit far sometimes.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024