Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? 22:17 - Feb 26 with 1515 viewsRyorry

Think it's probably the scariest thing I've ever seen on TV (if you haven't seen it, it imagines what London would be like under German occupation in 1941, supposing Germany had won the Battle of Britain). Swastikas draped over public buildings, casual SS brutality on elderly people in the streets who'd simply been going about their business, Gestapo arrests etc. It's the closeness to possible reality that makes it - compelling, but v. uncomfortable viewing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08gfgfp/ssgb-series-1-episode-1

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? on 22:22 - Feb 26 with 1494 viewsBLUEBEAT

Say what you like about the Germans but I take my hat off to them. Overcoming the Royal Navy, the RAF and the British Army with just three Volkswagens, two lorries and an Austin Seven.

Poll: W or W

Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? on 06:58 - Feb 27 with 1335 viewsBenters

Can you hear it ok Ryorry loads of people have complained about the sound quality ?

As for the Germans i dont go a lot on that .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? on 07:04 - Feb 27 with 1332 viewsJohnhoz

I'm intending to catch up with this drama tonight.

Don't forget that Nazi occupation was a reality for those British citizens who lived in the Channel Islands. Must have been awful

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? on 07:31 - Feb 27 with 1304 viewsBenters

Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? on 07:04 - Feb 27 by Johnhoz

I'm intending to catch up with this drama tonight.

Don't forget that Nazi occupation was a reality for those British citizens who lived in the Channel Islands. Must have been awful

bad eggs all of em

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? on 08:09 - Feb 27 with 1260 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? on 07:31 - Feb 27 by Benters

bad eggs all of em

Ah now, I've been to the Channel Islands, there's a few of them who are lovely.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone watching the Len Deighton 'SS-GB' drama serial on BBC1? on 08:18 - Feb 27 with 1245 viewsMJallday

the scariest thing on TV?

clearly youve never seen "Miranda"

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024