Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question in regard to United vs Southampton today 23:22 - Feb 26 with 1299 viewsGarv

If there are 4 minutes added on at the end, and there is a foul on 93:35, is it right that the referee blows up as soon as the free kick is taken?

So added time was in fact 93:36. Is this just me, am I quite lame to pick up on this? I know it's small amounts of time but it happens an awful lot, and it's never even talked about or complained about by managers afterwards, which surprises me when you think about how annoyed managers get when a goal is scored at the end of stoppage time.

I should add there was a long delay between free kick being given and taken, so the clock was over 94 minutes...

[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 23:46]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 01:53 - Feb 27 with 1212 viewshoppy

It's keeping me awake just worrying about it...

Or maybe not, actually.

If the clock had ticked over the 94 minutes, then surely the ref has added a minimum of 4 minutes, as had been indicated?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 09:59 - Feb 27 with 1084 viewsGarv

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 01:53 - Feb 27 by hoppy

It's keeping me awake just worrying about it...

Or maybe not, actually.

If the clock had ticked over the 94 minutes, then surely the ref has added a minimum of 4 minutes, as had been indicated?

But the ball was dead between 93:35 and 94:00. So 4 minutes wasn't 'played'.

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 10:05 - Feb 27 with 1074 viewsCaptainObvious

Yes it is right, because you wouldn't add on time for free-kicks in normal time so there is no reason why you'd do so in injury time. The ref can add some on at his discretion if he thinks there is time-wasting over the free-kick though.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 10:12 - Feb 27 with 1051 viewsSwansea_Blue

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 09:59 - Feb 27 by Garv

But the ball was dead between 93:35 and 94:00. So 4 minutes wasn't 'played'.

Doesn't matter. The clock never stops when the ball is out of play. The added on time is a minimum but the ref can extend at his discretion; but presumably the only things he'd do this for are goals and subs, as per normal time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 10:22 - Feb 27 with 1036 viewsbraveblue

The clock does not stop for s free kick. Otherwise the game would last for hours.
Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 11:04 - Feb 27 with 990 viewsRadlett_blue

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 10:12 - Feb 27 by Swansea_Blue

Doesn't matter. The clock never stops when the ball is out of play. The added on time is a minimum but the ref can extend at his discretion; but presumably the only things he'd do this for are goals and subs, as per normal time.

Plus injury breaks, of course.
I thought the 4 minutes allotted very low given that there were 5 substitutions in the 2nd half & 2 goals, including a lengthy "celebration" of United's winner.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 12:11 - Feb 27 with 914 viewsDolly2.0

I up-arrowed you before reading the rest of the thread. I now regret that up-arrow.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 12:13 - Feb 27 with 906 viewsbrazil1982

It's the Ref's discretion - the time added is an indicator only.
Login to get fewer ads

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 12:27 - Feb 27 with 886 viewsITFC_Forever

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 11:04 - Feb 27 by Radlett_blue

Plus injury breaks, of course.
I thought the 4 minutes allotted very low given that there were 5 substitutions in the 2nd half & 2 goals, including a lengthy "celebration" of United's winner.

It was spot-on then, based on that.

The general rule is 30 seconds per goal / sub = 7 x 0.5 = 3.5 minutes, rounded up to the next full minute to allow for United's celebration of the winner.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 23:07 - Feb 27 with 788 viewsGarv

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 10:12 - Feb 27 by Swansea_Blue

But is that not just stupid? Surely an extra minute or two for throw ins/free kicks/goal kicks alone during the game should be standard?

You add on time for time lost, and end up not even playing it. The delay between the free kick given and taken in the end was about 40 seconds. That's outrageous.

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 23:14 - Feb 27 with 763 viewsDolly2.0

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 23:07 - Feb 27 by Garv

But is that not just stupid? Surely an extra minute or two for throw ins/free kicks/goal kicks alone during the game should be standard?

You add on time for time lost, and end up not even playing it. The delay between the free kick given and taken in the end was about 40 seconds. That's outrageous.

No. You add time on for time wasted. If you add on time for every stoppage we'd be playing all night.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 23:56 - Feb 27 with 723 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Question in regard to United vs Southampton today on 12:11 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

I up-arrowed you before reading the rest of the thread. I now regret that up-arrow.

Yep.

I up arrowed thinking 'I've thought this when watching games on sky too. You make a good point. Have an arrow of approval'

Within a few replies, I've realised that I'm wrong. A rarity - but I'm wrong.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024