Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I fancy a horse running today 10:34 - Feb 27 with 19438 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

No info on it. But thought I'd post anyway as I really really fancy it.

Took 13/2 this morning but 11/3 with SkyBet still available

Wolverhampton 3:55 - Ninjago

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I fancy a horse running today on 18:20 - Feb 27 with 1203 viewsBenters

I fancy a horse running today on 18:19 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

You're nothing but a stirrer, aren't you Benters?

I am i stating the truth though ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I fancy a horse running today on 18:42 - Feb 27 with 1159 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 18:18 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

I've said it COULD. Why do you continuously misquote me/put words in my mouth?

I've tried very hard to be polite and explain myself. I've not tried to stop you posting about gambling. I've not had a go at you.

I think you should read back and have another think about who's 'getting their knickers in a twist'.

I'm not going into it further Dolly

You've come across ok and polite at first. But as soon as you realised I could stick up for myself on this topic and debate well enough, your reasoning for all of this became quite desperate. Like that time on a gambling thread last year when it was 17 days before my birthday and I went to the horse racing and had a bet. You stated that for that my parents were bad parents.

Have a good day.

I fancy a horse running today on 19:01 - Feb 27 with 1139 viewsSitfcB

I fancy a horse running today on 18:20 - Feb 27 by Benters

When you say hair, you must mean beard?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I fancy a horse running today on 20:01 - Feb 27 with 1097 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 18:20 - Feb 27 by Benters

Given that I don't have any hair, no!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I fancy a horse running today on 20:09 - Feb 27 with 1087 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 18:42 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

You've come across ok and polite at first. But as soon as you realised I could stick up for myself on this topic and debate well enough, your reasoning for all of this became quite desperate. Like that time on a gambling thread last year when it was 17 days before my birthday and I went to the horse racing and had a bet. You stated that for that my parents were bad parents.

Have a good day.

"stick up for myself" - here you go again, taking it personal. I wasn't having a dig at you. I've stated that several times. Go back and read ColcheterChris' post. He got it spot on. Particularly the line, "I think you've misjudged Dolly's motives and intentions here."

My reasoning has been the same throughout, I haven't become desperate in any way, and I've remained "ok and polite" throughout.

What certainly IS desperate is bringing a post from last year into it. I apologised for my misjudgment there, and you accepted that apology some time ago.

I fancy a horse running today on 20:12 - Feb 27 with 1073 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 20:09 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

"stick up for myself" - here you go again, taking it personal. I wasn't having a dig at you. I've stated that several times. Go back and read ColcheterChris' post. He got it spot on. Particularly the line, "I think you've misjudged Dolly's motives and intentions here."

My reasoning has been the same throughout, I haven't become desperate in any way, and I've remained "ok and polite" throughout.

What certainly IS desperate is bringing a post from last year into it. I apologised for my misjudgment there, and you accepted that apology some time ago.

I'm not going into it anymore.

Please don't look for another row about betting when it comes to Cheltenham in two weeks.

I fancy a horse running today on 20:15 - Feb 27 with 1066 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 20:12 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm not going into it anymore.

Please don't look for another row about betting when it comes to Cheltenham in two weeks.

So you're not going to answer any of the points raised, how I've shown that you've got this totally wrong, or admit that it was out of order to bring in a post from last year and that you'd accepted my apology for it?

Ok, fair enough.

Good luck at Cheltenham.

I fancy a horse running today on 20:16 - Feb 27 with 1067 viewsJ2BLUE

I fancy a horse running today on 18:42 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Have a good day.

If you don't mind me sticking my oar in...I think this is a classic case of crossed wires. Far from trying to insult you I think Dolly was just saying you need to be careful what language you use. He didn't mean you were literally encouraging people to gamble but that as a senior gambler on the board and someone with a reputation for knowing what they are talking about it could be seen by some as being a sure thing. Even I had £5 on the place and £2.50 on the win just before the off. Luckily, like the poster who had the £20 free bet on, I am in a position not to give a damn. Whenever I post a matched betting thread I always make sure to post about only doing it if you know 100% what you're doing. Take it as a compliment. You are a poster of influence when it comes to racing and many more will look to you when Cheltenham comes around. With that influence comes responsibility.

I hope that makes sense and doesn't look like criticism. It's absolutely not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

I fancy a horse running today on 20:23 - Feb 27 with 1041 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 20:15 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

So you're not going to answer any of the points raised, how I've shown that you've got this totally wrong, or admit that it was out of order to bring in a post from last year and that you'd accepted my apology for it?

Ok, fair enough.

Good luck at Cheltenham.

In a word, no. No I'm not.

Because I think you've caused a stir (or tried to) over one bet. For no reason.

And I still don't understand what you took offence to.

And as I don't really want to argue with you Dolly, I'm done. You can be alright away from gambling threads was my point on why I brought that comment out from last year.

That's me done on this thread now. Have a nice evening.

Cheers. I shall enjoy Cheltenham.

I fancy a horse running today on 20:25 - Feb 27 with 1031 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 20:16 - Feb 27 by J2BLUE

If you don't mind me sticking my oar in...I think this is a classic case of crossed wires. Far from trying to insult you I think Dolly was just saying you need to be careful what language you use. He didn't mean you were literally encouraging people to gamble but that as a senior gambler on the board and someone with a reputation for knowing what they are talking about it could be seen by some as being a sure thing. Even I had £5 on the place and £2.50 on the win just before the off. Luckily, like the poster who had the £20 free bet on, I am in a position not to give a damn. Whenever I post a matched betting thread I always make sure to post about only doing it if you know 100% what you're doing. Take it as a compliment. You are a poster of influence when it comes to racing and many more will look to you when Cheltenham comes around. With that influence comes responsibility.

I hope that makes sense and doesn't look like criticism. It's absolutely not.

Cheers. If he'd said it like that, I'd have understood and accepted it.

Unfortunately he seemed to act like there was something wrong with this thread itself. Rather than the fact that I show responsibility. No mention of what I should've done. Perhaps I should've said at the bottom. It can potentially lose. But I assumed everyone would know that an 11/2 shot isn't a sure thing.

I'll do so in future.

I fancy a horse running today on 20:35 - Feb 27 with 997 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 20:25 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Unfortunately he seemed to act like there was something wrong with this thread itself. Rather than the fact that I show responsibility. No mention of what I should've done. Perhaps I should've said at the bottom. It can potentially lose. But I assumed everyone would know that an 11/2 shot isn't a sure thing.

I'll do so in future.

I've explained myself time and again. ColchesterChris has explained it. Now J2.

What aren't you getting?

I fancy a horse running today on 20:40 - Feb 27 with 988 viewsBorisOrTrevor

I fancy a horse running today on 20:25 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I'll do so in future.

Back to original. I have watched Ninjago for a while, back to when with Hannon, and his current trainer Midgley was bang out of form last year and horse never quite fired. Will definitely win at some point but flatters to deceive a lot, might turn up at the big sprint handicap at Newmarket guineas meeting I reckon.

Re Cheltenham, Native River to win and Bristol de Mai e.w. In Hold cup, Limini in champion hurdle, neon wolf, and top notch my others at mo. Can't wait, best week of the year.

BOT

I fancy a horse running today on 20:57 - Feb 27 with 957 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 20:40 - Feb 27 by BorisOrTrevor

Back to original. I have watched Ninjago for a while, back to when with Hannon, and his current trainer Midgley was bang out of form last year and horse never quite fired. Will definitely win at some point but flatters to deceive a lot, might turn up at the big sprint handicap at Newmarket guineas meeting I reckon.

Re Cheltenham, Native River to win and Bristol de Mai e.w. In Hold cup, Limini in champion hurdle, neon wolf, and top notch my others at mo. Can't wait, best week of the year.

He's probably best on a straight track so the guineas meeting may suit.

Just remembered I've got BDM each way in a multi at 16/1.

Limini I backed last year after she won the novice mares for the proper mares race at 10/1. Would be gutted if he went champion hurdle. I'd back her in that if she went there though.

Top notch I actually backed each way in the Champion hurdle of last year when disappointed but I've always been a fan. Tiny horse but loves the fences it seems.

Neon wolf is decent but I actually think he may find a couple too good on the day. Reminds me of Barters Hill last year for the Albert Bartlett. Wouldn't be suprised to see neon wolf run a fair race if he goes Neptune though. Think Moon Racer and Wholestone win the other two novice hurdles comfortably tbh though.

I fancy a horse running today on 21:07 - Feb 27 with 951 viewsRyorry

I fancy a horse running today on 17:51 - Feb 27 by Benters

Mugs game mate give up

Not necessarily - altho it can be for a few.

What seems more of a mug's game, actually, is repeating the same old meaningless cliche on every thread about betting/racing/gambling that appears on this forum - twice on this one - without ever adding anything new, interesting or original.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I fancy a horse running today on 21:21 - Feb 27 with 930 viewstaximan

I fancy a horse running today on 17:08 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought of you when they said he was not going to run. On paper it looked a good bet even now. You had a good price for sure.

That's good to hear about Moon racer. Looks a below average supreme and his form looks the best comfortably

The only one I'm properly involved with I'd say is Alpha Des Obeaux. The fact it's worth 4 figures if it wins and my total betting for the four days (including all my multiples and antepost) would be about £500 at absolute most tells you all you need to know.

Thinking of getting a ticket for the RSA day to see it live but been a bit up in the air over whether I'll have a job on that day so had to hold off. Should know either way soon.

you should make the effort to go

but i guarantee you will be gutted that you are only there for the day

with regards to the sun alliance, it can be a tough race for young chasers, the fact your horse has bled would concern me greatly because it will have to dig very deep to win the race and this when they can bleed,
i have no opinion so i hope yours runs well
if you go get a club enclosure ticket, about £80
I fancy a horse running today on 21:36 - Feb 27 with 895 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 21:21 - Feb 27 by taximan

you should make the effort to go

but i guarantee you will be gutted that you are only there for the day

with regards to the sun alliance, it can be a tough race for young chasers, the fact your horse has bled would concern me greatly because it will have to dig very deep to win the race and this when they can bleed,
i have no opinion so i hope yours runs well
if you go get a club enclosure ticket, about £80

I really want to and as soon as I know either way on that job, I'll make a decision based on train prices etc.

If I don't go this year, I definetely will next year.

It's a concern but the trainer has said he's not overly concerned as that's the first time and had a bit of an explanation. Of course is not ideal at all.

Cheers, I likewise hope yours run well to. It's always nice to hear of punters beating the bookies.

Was looking at the enclosure opposite the grandstand originally. Heard it's good in their whikstntheres also room to get a drink. Wasn't particularly sure either way though. Will look at that one too. Cheers.

I fancy a horse running today on 21:39 - Feb 27 with 882 viewsJ2BLUE

I fancy a horse running today on 21:36 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I really want to and as soon as I know either way on that job, I'll make a decision based on train prices etc.

It's a concern but the trainer has said he's not overly concerned as that's the first time and had a bit of an explanation. Of course is not ideal at all.

Cheers, I likewise hope yours run well to. It's always nice to hear of punters beating the bookies.

Was looking at the enclosure opposite the grandstand originally. Heard it's good in their whikstntheres also room to get a drink. Wasn't particularly sure either way though. Will look at that one too. Cheers.

Even i've booked Cheltenham week off. To be honest the 'between the races' stuff really gets on my tits but last year the races were matched betting gold. Not expecting to do so well this year as i've lost a lot of accounts but last year I made £300 or so just from offers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I fancy a horse running today on 21:41 - Feb 27 with 875 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 21:39 - Feb 27 by J2BLUE

Even i've booked Cheltenham week off. To be honest the 'between the races' stuff really gets on my tits but last year the races were matched betting gold. Not expecting to do so well this year as i've lost a lot of accounts but last year I made £300 or so just from offers.

Cheltenham Festival is truly the pinnacle of the sport.

I love it.

I've opened about 6/7 new accounts with bookies like betvictor and shoved their £30 free bets on my Cheltenham horse

I fancy a horse running today on 21:41 - Feb 27 with 875 viewstaximan

I fancy a horse running today on 21:36 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

went in that enclosure once, never again

as with most things in life, you get what you pay for !!!!!!!

i like to go to the paddock before the race, tho i have no idea what i am looking at !!!!!!!!!
the guinness village is a must pre racing
its worth paying the extra money to get into club emclosure
I fancy a horse running today on 21:54 - Feb 27 with 845 viewsJakeITFC

I fancy a horse running today on 16:28 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Not particularly sure in total

About £120 in free bets at 33/1 and 25/1 (literally made accounts with them bookies just for the free bet money on this horse)

Probably about £100 or something in actual cash. Majority at 33/1 and 25/1

Got it in lots of multiples totalling another £50 too but I'm trebles from 6 selections or whatever. So not all on him.

What's your fancy Rommy?

I ended up with a bundle of bets, free bets, ante posts and multiples that all ended with Zarkander in the World Hurdle a few years back (he hit the second last hurdle to rule him out when he looked menacing).

I was at Cheltenham that day, and I can honestly say it was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life to cheer it round, and it's one of the greatest sights in sport to see them coming up that famous hill.

Ultimately it wasn't to be for me, and it not winning resulted in me not picking up slips worth thousands of pounds. Bizarrely though, that was a positive moment for me - I was previously a fairly reckless gambler and would have been cursing the air and blaming everyone for my loss. But in that moment I was perfectly at peace - it was a memory for life, and despite the result I knew the bet was good.

So it's kind of a mixed message from me there sorry; a) if you get a chance to go and watch this runner, then please do, because the thrill (high or low) of watching your fancy at a place like Cheltenham will make fingering through form for a Tuesday night meet at Wolverhampton seem like a ridiculous thing to do (because, ultimately, it is) and b) don't let whatever the result is be a negative for you.
I fancy a horse running today on 21:58 - Feb 27 with 821 viewstaximan

I fancy a horse running today on 21:54 - Feb 27 by JakeITFC

What's your fancy Rommy?

I ended up with a bundle of bets, free bets, ante posts and multiples that all ended with Zarkander in the World Hurdle a few years back (he hit the second last hurdle to rule him out when he looked menacing).

I was at Cheltenham that day, and I can honestly say it was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life to cheer it round, and it's one of the greatest sights in sport to see them coming up that famous hill.

Ultimately it wasn't to be for me, and it not winning resulted in me not picking up slips worth thousands of pounds. Bizarrely though, that was a positive moment for me - I was previously a fairly reckless gambler and would have been cursing the air and blaming everyone for my loss. But in that moment I was perfectly at peace - it was a memory for life, and despite the result I knew the bet was good.

So it's kind of a mixed message from me there sorry; a) if you get a chance to go and watch this runner, then please do, because the thrill (high or low) of watching your fancy at a place like Cheltenham will make fingering through form for a Tuesday night meet at Wolverhampton seem like a ridiculous thing to do (because, ultimately, it is) and b) don't let whatever the result is be a negative for you.

great post

i was on zarkandar that day, i treated us to a day in the posh seats, great view up there !!

unfortunately there is a bar and a betting shop right next to each other up there

it proved to a hugely expensive day

bloody magic tho
I fancy a horse running today on 22:11 - Feb 27 with 800 viewsJakeITFC

I fancy a horse running today on 21:58 - Feb 27 by taximan

great post

i was on zarkandar that day, i treated us to a day in the posh seats, great view up there !!

unfortunately there is a bar and a betting shop right next to each other up there

it proved to a hugely expensive day

bloody magic tho

Yeah, I was up in that enclosure as well.

The toilet, bet, beer routine in between races does its toll on your head and wallet!
I fancy a horse running today on 22:17 - Feb 27 with 790 viewstaximan

I fancy a horse running today on 22:11 - Feb 27 by JakeITFC

Yeah, I was up in that enclosure as well.

The toilet, bet, beer routine in between races does its toll on your head and wallet!

i hope you didn't witness my drunken argument with an ignorant twot who thought he owned the entire bar area !!!!!!!
not my finest moment

are you going this year ?
I fancy a horse running today on 22:21 - Feb 27 with 775 viewsJakeITFC

I fancy a horse running today on 22:17 - Feb 27 by taximan

i hope you didn't witness my drunken argument with an ignorant twot who thought he owned the entire bar area !!!!!!!
not my finest moment

are you going this year ?

Haha, I don't think so. The streets of Cheltenham are absolute carnage afterwards though, saw a massive punch up whilst walking past a KFC.

Unfortunately not, going away once a month from Apr-Sep so couldn't justify that as well. A shame that it's had so many big names pulled out, probably the lowest quality festival for years (but could make for a fair few good betting heats).
I fancy a horse running today on 22:21 - Feb 27 with 773 viewsRyorry

I fancy a horse running today on 17:10 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

I haven't said you've told people to bet.

Stop shifting the goalposts.

- It doesn't matter if it was a thread you started or not.
- It doesn't matter if you said "bet on this, people" or not.

The fact is some could be persuaded to from these posts.

I take your point Dolly, and perhaps Rommy could add a qualifying comment to his tips along the lines of "only bet what you can afford to lose" - but what do you make of the fact that registered members on this site, before any first team game, get an email from TWTD which says "fancy a flutter on the upcoming ITFC match v. xyz ?

The fact is that this site is funded at least partly by advertising for gambling, whether you or anyone likes it or not - there's even a separate section on betting here.

As far as under-18s are concerned, it's surely up to parents or guardians to keep an eye on which sites their offspring visit. For the adults, vulnerable or not, they're getting encouragement to bet from this site and its adverts itself, no matter what Rommy posts.

FWIW I also think that where staking is mentioned in any posts, it should be expressed via the points system, where it's made clear what each point represents in monetary terms, whether £1 or £10. Some of the sums of money that have been mentioned as stakes on here I find quite extroaordinary - no-one I know in real life would dream of putting that kind of money on. Not having a go at anyone, I just think a more balanced approach would go down better all round.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024