Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday 15:15 - Feb 27 with 897 viewskizaitfc

I have been one of the first to criticise Micks defensive approach. However anyone that knows how Norwich play they are most dangerous on the break and leak goals every game.

Therefore the idea that we should sit back and try to nick a goal is the perfect tactic for what we have to our disposal particularly with no prominent striker and missing our top goalscorer.

Mick has finally started playing attacking football where appropriate which has worked to an extent this month. However even with him doing that we are not winning games which points to the second issue of not having the quality in the team where the finger hen points to the investment.

Fans that suggest we should have been more attacking can you please suggest in what areas? push the midfield up, push the wing backs up, play 4-3-3? what did you want to see Mick do?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:20 - Feb 27 with 859 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

It did seem a bit odd that in the past month our style and system allowed us to play with more fluidity and therefore remove the reliance of a 'target man' or striker to 'lead the line' as we built possession, yet we asked Freddie to do that for us yesterday, who as we know is woefully under equipped for that role.

We're clearly still missing the focal point to 'lead the line' when we aren't able to/or chose not to try and impose ourselves on games
Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:23 - Feb 27 with 840 viewskizaitfc

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:20 - Feb 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

It did seem a bit odd that in the past month our style and system allowed us to play with more fluidity and therefore remove the reliance of a 'target man' or striker to 'lead the line' as we built possession, yet we asked Freddie to do that for us yesterday, who as we know is woefully under equipped for that role.

We're clearly still missing the focal point to 'lead the line' when we aren't able to/or chose not to try and impose ourselves on games

Definitely there will be games we have to use a target man and yesterday was certainly one of them. As poor player as I think he is Jerome did that for them.

Until we get that I cant see us getting anywhere fast

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:33 - Feb 27 with 803 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:23 - Feb 27 by kizaitfc

Definitely there will be games we have to use a target man and yesterday was certainly one of them. As poor player as I think he is Jerome did that for them.

Until we get that I cant see us getting anywhere fast

If Norwich had any sense they'd have replaced or bought another striker to compliment Jerome. He works his socks off but needs so many chances to score (which Norwich do create in fairness)

I've thought for a while that Jerome is a bit of a 'McCarthy player' - all bluster and work ethic with an inconsistent end product.. Though if he had a bit of composure he'd be playing a lot higher than Norwich
Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:40 - Feb 27 with 791 viewskizaitfc

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:33 - Feb 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

If Norwich had any sense they'd have replaced or bought another striker to compliment Jerome. He works his socks off but needs so many chances to score (which Norwich do create in fairness)

I've thought for a while that Jerome is a bit of a 'McCarthy player' - all bluster and work ethic with an inconsistent end product.. Though if he had a bit of composure he'd be playing a lot higher than Norwich

The most frustrating thing is the type of player we need is the one scoring plenty for Leeds who we had here on loan.

A mixture of him not looking fit and Mick having little cash at his disposal to throw at a gamble like Wood would have been is the reason we are now strikerless.

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:48 - Feb 27 with 766 viewsClausThomsen

Diagouraga could have started instead of Skuse - for his ability to turn defence into attack.

We did nothing 2nd half aside from the goal (which came from a bit of McGoldrick magic).

We've got easier games between now and May, everyone's fit and we've shown we've nothing to fear this month.

Mick's been here longer than Royle - it's just time for a change.
Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:51 - Feb 27 with 753 viewskizaitfc

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:48 - Feb 27 by ClausThomsen

Diagouraga could have started instead of Skuse - for his ability to turn defence into attack.

We did nothing 2nd half aside from the goal (which came from a bit of McGoldrick magic).

We've got easier games between now and May, everyone's fit and we've shown we've nothing to fear this month.

Mick's been here longer than Royle - it's just time for a change.

Because Skuse had a shocking game right?

the issue with turning defence into attack is the lack of attacking players, due to no striker replacement and a suspended Lawrence.

I hope Mick does go back to being fearless with the so called upcoming "easier" games. But to say we should have played like that yesterday would have been reckless and could have led to us receiving a battering.

Instead we have come away with a very good point

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:55 - Feb 27 with 732 viewsBent_double

I'm certainly not going to criticise MM for being cautious yesterday, if TL had have been available but he still set us up to get a point, then he would deserve some criticism, IMO.

There's no real danger of relegation now, so lets hope he really throws caution to the wind and tries out some different things, and different players in the remaining games.

It will be nice to see TL back in the side, but we have to remember that he's not ours, so would it be better playing Rowe instead for at least half the games?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 16:10 - Feb 27 with 686 viewskizaitfc

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:55 - Feb 27 by Bent_double

I'm certainly not going to criticise MM for being cautious yesterday, if TL had have been available but he still set us up to get a point, then he would deserve some criticism, IMO.

There's no real danger of relegation now, so lets hope he really throws caution to the wind and tries out some different things, and different players in the remaining games.

It will be nice to see TL back in the side, but we have to remember that he's not ours, so would it be better playing Rowe instead for at least half the games?

I always have that nagging feeling that had we tried to sign TL in the summer, we probably could have signed him for around the £2-£3m mark which would have been a bargain considering his ability.

Instead not only will he cost too much but we will be outclassed by the opposition that is in for him.

Login to get fewer ads

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 16:11 - Feb 27 with 679 viewsClausThomsen

Seen a fair few fans criticising Mick and our set up yesterday on 15:51 - Feb 27 by kizaitfc

Because Skuse had a shocking game right?

the issue with turning defence into attack is the lack of attacking players, due to no striker replacement and a suspended Lawrence.

I hope Mick does go back to being fearless with the so called upcoming "easier" games. But to say we should have played like that yesterday would have been reckless and could have led to us receiving a battering.

Instead we have come away with a very good point

Skuse is usually good defensively, he just has no attacking threat. I can see why he played as it's Norwich (and we did alright against Leeds).

We do have easier games coming up, the last time we had easy fixtures Mick shat it and matched up every game. The next run gives him a shot at redemption.

It was a good point, it's been a good month - but it's been the anomalous month of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024