Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
how much of a budget increase would it take 21:37 - Feb 27 with 8323 viewstaximan

to tempt MM to stay ?

diagouraga and huws would cost 2 mill combined ish ?

new striker 3 - 4 mill

replacement for lawrence ?
replacement for any other departees ?

unfortunately mr evans, this is not going to be a cheap fix, because of your under investment of the last few years the squad is hugely short of quality

i would like MM to be given the chance with proper money to spend

do i think the above will happen ?

unlikely
how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:20 - Feb 28 with 940 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:15 - Feb 28 by Benters

Yep totaly agree i would love MM to be given some decent funds to see where that would take us.

I thought you said 'if mick bought messi he'd have him too scared to attack and the life sucked out of him by the Dino anyway !'

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:22 - Feb 28 with 939 viewsTLA

how much of a budget increase would it take on 09:49 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

I believe it's more that Evans had a certain amount of money he was prepared to put into ITFC. That has been expended without success (promotion).

Now it is a case of limiting financial losses and making use of a manager who might be able to pull off a near-miracle.

It's a fair point that Evans set out his investment from the start (and clearly thought it would be enough to take us up).

I'm proud to support a team that tries to work to a budget but, as you say, things have moved on in the game. The loss-limiting/near miracle approach depends on the right manager and a lot of luck (as a near miracle would). If we lose the right manager, the amount of luck we need increases. I can't believe Evans will continue with a strategy so dependant on luck which continues to cost him money. There surely has to be a point where something changes, for him, if not for us.
how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:30 - Feb 28 with 926 viewsNo9

My view is that MM's time has run its course at PR.
Gone are the times when he was ready to say he took the job knowing the T's & C's
Now he seems to be constantly complaining about his lot and the deterioration of his relationship with the fans.

When this happens it is normally a sign that it would take a lot to keep him happy + to keep him happy & the fans happy at the same time looks to be incompatible.

& I remain unconvinced of his abilities in the transfer market
how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:31 - Feb 28 with 926 viewsGuthrum

how much of a budget increase would it take on 09:33 - Feb 28 by ClausThomsen

The 5 point plan said nothing about a big budget - and so it shouldn't!

If Mick thinks he can get a better job, good luck to him. Was anyone gagging for Royle to stay? No, because his reign had run it's course. Same with MM. They were both shackled financially.

MM's record in the transfer market is hit and miss at best, Wolves spent £35 million to find that out - look at the state of them since...

He'll just buy grafters, any "quality" players don't make his team. Quality players with the work ethic Mick demands are just too few and far between, and he doesn't know how to manage any other type of player but "nut-busters".

The good thing for the new manager is the solid base MM will leave. The new man will hopefully sprinkle a bit of quality and have a more footballing philosophy to carry on from the academy.

'Wolves ... look at the state of them since'

With McCarthy, they survived in the Prem for the best part of three seasons, without huge spending, by that league's standards. Under his successors, they crashed straight through to League One.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:32 - Feb 28 with 924 viewsClausThomsen

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:15 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

Why not analyse his budget at ITFC, surely that is far more relevant? Any spell at Wolves that is more relevant would be him in the Championship.

Mick is showing he can bring players through, but the players have to step up and when Doz has played he has looked lost on the whole - he'll get there but the difference between how Huws has played compared to others in there sets the standard that they have to achieve.

His signings here were mostly decent until Mings left, then it's been all over the place. Webster looks decent, Ward and Knudsen decent enough.

Who has Mick successfully brought through? Mings unarguably, but Southampton raised him and Osman recommended him after a late growth spurt. He looked decent straight away.

He's fallen out with Bishop (apparently), Emmanuel gets dropped at the first sign of development and is he gonna play Kenlock now Smith's fit?

Of course he isn't!
how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:36 - Feb 28 with 913 viewsNo9

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:32 - Feb 28 by ClausThomsen

His signings here were mostly decent until Mings left, then it's been all over the place. Webster looks decent, Ward and Knudsen decent enough.

Who has Mick successfully brought through? Mings unarguably, but Southampton raised him and Osman recommended him after a late growth spurt. He looked decent straight away.

He's fallen out with Bishop (apparently), Emmanuel gets dropped at the first sign of development and is he gonna play Kenlock now Smith's fit?

Of course he isn't!

Re Webster, against Cardiff & Fulham he was very poor
how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:41 - Feb 28 with 899 viewsitfcjoe

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:32 - Feb 28 by ClausThomsen

Of course he isn't!

To try and take any credit away from Mick for Mings is just so one-eyed.

"He looked decent straight away." - He certainly didn't when he was getting the run around against Felixstowe and Walton a few weeks after signing as we lost in the Suffolk Cup. he signed in Dectember and had a full half year in U21s before doing anything of note.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:44 - Feb 28 with 885 viewsClausThomsen

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:31 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

'Wolves ... look at the state of them since'

With McCarthy, they survived in the Prem for the best part of three seasons, without huge spending, by that league's standards. Under his successors, they crashed straight through to League One.

McCarthy's £35 million squad dropped straight to League One.

£7 million on Kevin Doyle, £3.5 million on Jamie O'Hara, £2.6 million on Nenad Milijas, £2.5 million on Ronald Zubar, Adlene Guardioura for £2 million (who he later had a bust up with and loaned out)... Steven Mouyokolo for £2.5 million, Greg Halford for £2 million, Stefan Maierhofer £1.8 million, Jelle Van Dam £2.5 million (who went home soon after due to "homesickness"), Roger Johnson for £4 million...

Very poor.
Login to get fewer ads

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:46 - Feb 28 with 881 viewsBenters

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:20 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought you said 'if mick bought messi he'd have him too scared to attack and the life sucked out of him by the Dino anyway !'

Can i change my mind ? I actually feel sorry for MM now .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:47 - Feb 28 with 875 viewsClausThomsen

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:41 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

To try and take any credit away from Mick for Mings is just so one-eyed.

"He looked decent straight away." - He certainly didn't when he was getting the run around against Felixstowe and Walton a few weeks after signing as we lost in the Suffolk Cup. he signed in Dectember and had a full half year in U21s before doing anything of note.

Considering he got £1 million for keeping us up, I'm sure he got plenty of "credit" for the Mings deal.

Alright, let's give Mick all the credit for Mings' development.

Who else?
how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:49 - Feb 28 with 871 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:46 - Feb 28 by Benters

Can i change my mind ? I actually feel sorry for MM now .

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to have you charged with Grade A hypocrisy and two counts of p1ss taking under the Banter & Wind-up Act of 2001 section 5.

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:49 - Feb 28 with 871 viewsGuthrum

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:44 - Feb 28 by ClausThomsen

McCarthy's £35 million squad dropped straight to League One.

£7 million on Kevin Doyle, £3.5 million on Jamie O'Hara, £2.6 million on Nenad Milijas, £2.5 million on Ronald Zubar, Adlene Guardioura for £2 million (who he later had a bust up with and loaned out)... Steven Mouyokolo for £2.5 million, Greg Halford for £2 million, Stefan Maierhofer £1.8 million, Jelle Van Dam £2.5 million (who went home soon after due to "homesickness"), Roger Johnson for £4 million...

Very poor.

But they were the players he used to keep them in the Prem (and mostly not expensive purchases by that league's standards, where real quality is measured in the tens of millions). If they were good enough to do that for him, is it that they suddenly became rubbish after he left, or that the succeeding managers weren't as skilled at getting the maximum out of the average?

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:51 - Feb 28 with 869 viewsBenters

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:49 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to have you charged with Grade A hypocrisy and two counts of p1ss taking under the Banter & Wind-up Act of 2001 section 5.

Guilty as charged

Gentlybentley

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:54 - Feb 28 with 859 viewsTLA

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:49 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Isn't the Banter and Wind-up in Section 6?
how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:57 - Feb 28 with 854 viewsBenters

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:54 - Feb 28 by TLA

section 5 is better then section 6 defo info.

Gentlybentley

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:57 - Feb 28 with 855 viewsGuthrum

how much of a budget increase would it take on 08:39 - Feb 28 by taximan

i hate loan signings

even season long loans annoy me

its just short termism, with no long term plan or strategy

They're the only way we can possibly acquire players as good as (often much better than) the Champ's financial big boys are paying £10m for.

Quite apart from the fact it also allows us to get our hands on up-and-coming Prem youths who are not for sale at any price.

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:58 - Feb 28 with 855 viewsClausThomsen

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:49 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

But they were the players he used to keep them in the Prem (and mostly not expensive purchases by that league's standards, where real quality is measured in the tens of millions). If they were good enough to do that for him, is it that they suddenly became rubbish after he left, or that the succeeding managers weren't as skilled at getting the maximum out of the average?

Between 2009 and 2012 that was still a fair old wedge. And ultimately he didn't keep them in the premier league.

Between 2006-11, Wolves were the 10th highest spenders in the premier league - according to this blog: http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02/taking-the-mick-mccarthys-transfer-deali

He didn't evolve the team, he's incapable of it. He spent the money on average at best (and that's generous) players, if he'd have signed any decent players (which he should have with that budget), then they wouldn't have dropped like a stone. None of those players had any real resale value, or were of any real quality.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 11:00]
how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:59 - Feb 28 with 849 viewsTLA

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:57 - Feb 28 by Benters

section 5 is better then section 6 defo info.

Well that's where I stand so I guess you're right!
how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:01 - Feb 28 with 841 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:54 - Feb 28 by TLA

Section 6 covers negativity, jumping and smoke bombs

how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:03 - Feb 28 with 835 viewsTLA

how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:01 - Feb 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Section 6 covers negativity, jumping and smoke bombs

Ah, thanks for clearing that up officer!
how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:04 - Feb 28 with 828 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:03 - Feb 28 by TLA

Ah, thanks for clearing that up officer!

That's sergeant to you sunshine

how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:12 - Feb 28 with 815 viewsStenvict

how much of a budget increase would it take on 10:58 - Feb 28 by ClausThomsen

Between 2009 and 2012 that was still a fair old wedge. And ultimately he didn't keep them in the premier league.

Between 2006-11, Wolves were the 10th highest spenders in the premier league - according to this blog: http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02/taking-the-mick-mccarthys-transfer-deali

He didn't evolve the team, he's incapable of it. He spent the money on average at best (and that's generous) players, if he'd have signed any decent players (which he should have with that budget), then they wouldn't have dropped like a stone. None of those players had any real resale value, or were of any real quality.

You're making yourself look a fool again.

Poll: What will be announced first?

how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:16 - Feb 28 with 805 viewsClausThomsen

how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:12 - Feb 28 by Stenvict

You're making yourself look a fool again.

Sorry for differing.

Heil McCarthy!
how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:21 - Feb 28 with 794 viewsGuthrum

Funny that the player he uses to bash McCarthy most is one who made a significant contribution to us reaching the play-offs in 2015: Stephen Hunt.

But I guess that's the problem when you're comparing Champ with Prem.

He did keep them in the PL two seasons running. They were only three points from safety with 13 games to go (including against several of the teams around them) when McCarthy was sacked. They were by no means inevitably doomed in mid-Feb 2012.

how much of a budget increase would it take on 11:22 - Feb 28 with 791 viewsPJH

Ultimately he didn't keep them in the PL because he was sacked before they were relegated.
He might have kept them up-I imagine Wolves fans have been thinking 'what if?' ever since.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024