Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... 21:38 - Feb 27 with 3018 viewsAdmiralFunge

.... scoring against that lot is why I watch football. 2 minutes of sheer delirium after the goal; hugging everyone and everything. It's made me smile, all day.

My knees are totally fcked.

That lot make almost no noise, considering it was a derby; their support is shameful.

Our '15 years' chant was inspired.

Good atmosphere up there, and on the way back. Kudos to the lad who managed to get nicked within 5 seconds of getting off the train at Norwich. Remarkable effort.

Very hungover this morning. Turns out starting drinking at 8 am will do that.

COYB.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 23:02 - Feb 27 with 2842 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'Twas sheer delirium when we scored the goal

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 23:35 - Feb 27 with 2813 viewsjeera

Sounds like a good day Fungers. Good for you!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 23:51 - Feb 27 with 2802 viewsMelford

I had to be in at nine this morning to deep clean the kitchen, didn't feel too bad but my voice has gone. It was a bloody good day out, I cracked open my bottle of wine at quarter to nine (I thought about my drink choices all week, didn't want to go with the usual cider because I would be pissing all day. So I went the a bottle of cheap plonk for the train to Ipswich, then a couple of 8.2 Henry Westons for the train to scumland) , there were five of us, we didn't lose anybody, nobody got chucked out or nicked and the game was good. Only arrests I saw were RKD and LL, some bloke set off a flare in the concourse at half time, why? and a couple of budgies who tried to goad us on the way back to the station who got short shrift from the law.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 23:57 - Feb 27 with 2784 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 23:51 - Feb 27 by Melford

I had to be in at nine this morning to deep clean the kitchen, didn't feel too bad but my voice has gone. It was a bloody good day out, I cracked open my bottle of wine at quarter to nine (I thought about my drink choices all week, didn't want to go with the usual cider because I would be pissing all day. So I went the a bottle of cheap plonk for the train to Ipswich, then a couple of 8.2 Henry Westons for the train to scumland) , there were five of us, we didn't lose anybody, nobody got chucked out or nicked and the game was good. Only arrests I saw were RKD and LL, some bloke set off a flare in the concourse at half time, why? and a couple of budgies who tried to goad us on the way back to the station who got short shrift from the law.

The two budgies who got knicked tryna goad us happened about 100 yards from the station didn't it?

You must've been walking right by me

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 00:27 - Feb 28 with 2728 viewsMelford

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 23:57 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

The two budgies who got knicked tryna goad us happened about 100 yards from the station didn't it?

reckon so, then you had the other budgie who gave it a load of verbal from the top of the entrance to the station, the old bill legged it up the hill and one fell over and rolled down the hill like humpty dumpty. After they nicked the budgie scrote they were laughing about it, we were chatting with the old bill for a good 10 minutes. ***king stupid that the bogs at the station were shut.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:35 - Feb 28 with 2707 viewsMelford

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 23:57 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 03:16 - Feb 28 with 2633 viewsBenters

Fantastic stuff.

There was a video on FB of a fan getting arrested for letting a smoke bomb off coming out of the station !

Poor fecker .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 07:44 - Feb 28 with 2545 viewstextbackup

My legs are black with bruises, limping around and alsorts.

As special as it is for us to celebrate a goal just think how Knudsen must have felt/feels.
I swear if I was a player and done that I'd cry/suffer a heart attack, how could you possibly cope with that feeling

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 08:57 - Feb 28 with 2445 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 00:27 - Feb 28 by Melford

reckon so, then you had the other budgie who gave it a load of verbal from the top of the entrance to the station, the old bill legged it up the hill and one fell over and rolled down the hill like humpty dumpty. After they nicked the budgie scrote they were laughing about it, we were chatting with the old bill for a good 10 minutes. ***king stupid that the bogs at the station were shut.

Yeah that's the one

And then the next copper tried to get down the hill and everyone went 'woooooaaaaahhh' like when a keeper takes a goal kick.

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 09:21 - Feb 28 with 2385 viewsKieran_Knows

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 07:44 - Feb 28 by textbackup

As special as it is for us to celebrate a goal just think how Knudsen must have felt/feels.
I swear if I was a player and done that I'd cry/suffer a heart attack, how could you possibly cope with that feeling

My shins are in agony, like yourself, woke up yesterday morning to find them covered in bruises!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 09:22 - Feb 28 with 2375 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 09:21 - Feb 28 by Kieran_Knows

My shins are in agony, like yourself, woke up yesterday morning to find them covered in bruises!

I've just got one cut which has bruised over

From the chair in front of mine

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 15:33 - Feb 28 with 2146 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 07:44 - Feb 28 by textbackup

Seems like he appreciates it too.

I don't care what people say, that Jonas is a bloody good'un.

Poll: Best Football Song

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 15:54 - Feb 28 with 2101 viewsLuk38644

Twas a good day and although we didn't win, the tide is turning, we'll beat those d*ckheads soon.

Think that Jonas goal tops the Tommy goal celebrations, don't know why, probably because we went 1-0 up, but it went batsh*t in our end!
Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 18:47 - Feb 28 with 1978 viewsAdmiralFunge

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 15:54 - Feb 28 by Luk38644

Twas a good day and although we didn't win, the tide is turning, we'll beat those d*ckheads soon.

Think that Jonas goal tops the Tommy goal celebrations, don't know why, probably because we went 1-0 up, but it went batsh*t in our end!

That's a pretty good shout - all that cash; so,so much cash - and they really weren't all that. This budige side should be challenging for the title with the Toons. Naismith - what on earth is the point of him? Murphy and Hoolahan were pretty good for them, I must confess.

Without Bart, they score at least 2; and without McG, I'm not sure we would have created anything at all.

However, the flip side of that is that Lawrence would have made quite some difference against that budgie defence, and, oddly, I think Webster would have seen us rather more creative.

There's part of me that hopes that finally, finally, the Budgie luck is running out. Let's hope so. It's overdue.

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 18:58 - Feb 28 with 1947 viewsLuk38644

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 18:47 - Feb 28 by AdmiralFunge

That's a pretty good shout - all that cash; so,so much cash - and they really weren't all that. This budige side should be challenging for the title with the Toons. Naismith - what on earth is the point of him? Murphy and Hoolahan were pretty good for them, I must confess.

Without Bart, they score at least 2; and without McG, I'm not sure we would have created anything at all.

However, the flip side of that is that Lawrence would have made quite some difference against that budgie defence, and, oddly, I think Webster would have seen us rather more creative.

There's part of me that hopes that finally, finally, the Budgie luck is running out. Let's hope so. It's overdue.

As you say, that Scum side should be challenging for the top two at least and the fact they're not even going to get top six is a huge failure.

Hopefully their 'better' players leave in the summer and they replace them and their manager with utter dross.

Our time is just around the corner, we can feel it, they've dropped immensely since the 4-1 and 5-1 defeats and that's after seven years of being on the Premier League gravy train.
Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 19:00 - Feb 28 with 1937 viewsvapour_trail

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 18:58 - Feb 28 by Luk38644

As you say, that Scum side should be challenging for the top two at least and the fact they're not even going to get top six is a huge failure.

Hopefully their 'better' players leave in the summer and they replace them and their manager with utter dross.

Our time is just around the corner, we can feel it, they've dropped immensely since the 4-1 and 5-1 defeats and that's after seven years of being on the Premier League gravy train.

If they don't go up this year, they've one free hit left, but under substantial pressure and with want away players. They've had a proper shocker this season given the health they came down in.

Villa was expected. Norwich should be knocking about with Newcastle.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 19:08 - Feb 28 with 1899 viewsLuk38644

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 19:00 - Feb 28 by vapour_trail

If they don't go up this year, they've one free hit left, but under substantial pressure and with want away players. They've had a proper shocker this season given the health they came down in.

Can see the likes of Klose, Naismith, Howson, Pinto etc; wanting out and going the same way as Olsson and Brady.

Just hope they replace them with players like Van Wolfswinkel for £8million again.
Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 19:14 - Feb 28 with 1878 viewsAdmiralFunge

I dunno, Vappers, they took in £14m in January (Brady & Olsson) - what was that spent on?

Naismith and Klose will both be on silly wages; you'd imagine they'd go.

You could see that lot rolling the dice, again - they can't keep rolling 6.

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 19:21 - Feb 28 with 1848 viewsvapour_trail

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 19:14 - Feb 28 by AdmiralFunge

I dunno, Vappers, they took in £14m in January (Brady & Olsson) - what was that spent on?

Reckon there'll be a bunch of players wanting out. And they might have a bit to spend, but there's a lot of that around these days.

What they had at the start of the season, was a squad who'd just been competitive in the top flight and relatively settled. They'll have lost that advantage.

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 19:34 - Feb 28 with 1821 viewsDennyx4

Rumours I heard, is that this year they would lose £20m if they didn't sell anybody, due to a very high wage bill.

If they went back up not a problem, you recoup the £20m comfortably, this year was almost a free hit as you say.

Think they have tried to be a little more pragmatic, reducing wage bill and gaining some fees by selling Redmond, Brady & Olsson (£27m in)

But have spent out on Wildschut £7m and Pritchard £8m - so £12m + wages in profit for the season.

Not sure who is out of contract in the summer, but they will need to purchase a left back (maybe Dijks).

Will be a big summer for them as well as us.
Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 19:38 - Feb 28 with 1807 viewsSteve_M

I wrote out a whole reply and lost it but the contrast that should alarm Norwich fans is with their side of two seasons ago. The just don't compare and too many players are on the way down.

I'll just link my post from Sunday instead of re-writing more.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/400169/a-few-thoughts/#0

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 20:33 - Feb 28 with 1700 viewsBluefish

Their free hit has diminished though because they will only be able to give big signings a 1 year contract. You won't find many quality players moving there on a 1 year deal.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 21:06 - Feb 28 with 1643 viewsvapour_trail

Thoughts from yesterday (brief)... on 20:33 - Feb 28 by Bluefish

Their free hit has diminished though because they will only be able to give big signings a 1 year contract. You won't find many quality players moving there on a 1 year deal.

Yeah, definitely reduced pulling power.

They're used to that up there though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024