Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats the aim now? 10:07 - Feb 28 with 1006 viewskizaitfc

Finish as high as possible and end on a high?

Or

Give the youngsters a chance to prove themselves for next season?

Personally I'd like to see us end on a high and get some excitement brewing for next season, finishing well does wonders for attracting players come the summer.

Although if there was a time some youngsters should be aiming to break in it should be now.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Whats the aim now? on 10:21 - Feb 28 with 967 viewsReuser_is_God

Make the remaining games as enjoyable as possible so they don't lose so many ST holders.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Whats the aim now? on 10:26 - Feb 28 with 953 viewsKieran_Knows

I just want to see us carry on the way we have been playing really. If that's with Dozzell/Bishop in the side, or Huws/Diagouraga I don't really care.

Of course i'd like to see Bishop/Dozzell stake a claim to start games, but they've got to be better than those already in there, which at the moment, there not.

Emmanuel and Kenlock are certainly getting game time between them, and aside from Dozzell/Bishop what other youngsters are ready to make the step up? Maybe Morris might get some minutes once were mathematically safe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Whats the aim now? on 10:27 - Feb 28 with 954 viewsSteve_M

A mixture of the two but I think your point about getting some excitement going for next season is important. The example of Magilton's first season is interesting, a side with Jeffers and Walters scoring a lot set things up nicely for a very good season in 2007-08.

http://prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=seasons&text=2006-07&level=1

Of course, there will be a lot of changes in the Summer whether MM stays or goes but we spent much of the Summer of 2007 in pursuit of Frannie Jeffers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Whats the aim now? on 10:32 - Feb 28 with 941 viewsNo9

I have always believed MM & TC are paid a bonus on league position at the end of the season.
Expect more of the same
Whats the aim now? on 10:41 - Feb 28 with 928 viewsGuthrum

Aim to finish as high as possible, giving the youngsters game time where they are ready and good enough.

That is, not putting out the U23s against Newcastle so they take a massive beating, but instead perhaps give the likes of Dozzell and maybe Patterson or Benyu a run out in favourable circumstances.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Whats the aim now? on 10:52 - Feb 28 with 904 viewsKilburnBlue

Whats the aim now? on 10:27 - Feb 28 by Steve_M

A mixture of the two but I think your point about getting some excitement going for next season is important. The example of Magilton's first season is interesting, a side with Jeffers and Walters scoring a lot set things up nicely for a very good season in 2007-08.

http://prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=seasons&text=2006-07&level=1

Of course, there will be a lot of changes in the Summer whether MM stays or goes but we spent much of the Summer of 2007 in pursuit of Frannie Jeffers.

Looking at that page it made me wonder where Danny Haynes was now.

Discovered he scored at the weekend in front of a crowd of 65 & now plays for Cray Wanderers who play in the 8th Tier.

Only 29 but honestly thought he be playing a better standard then that.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/isthonesouth/match/22731

Whats the aim now? on 11:53 - Feb 28 with 843 viewsWestcountryblue

I think it should be a mix of the both.

On the one hand there is no denying that both Bishop and Dozzell are players with tremendous potential. Providing they knuckle down they will probably play in the Premiership one day so I think we should look to phase both in from the bench. If they do enough, then i think MMC has to be more flexible with his attitude to picking the likes of Skuse, who hasn't always performed this season.

Emmanuel has a little way to go in terms of his technical ability and decision making, but Kenlock looks comfortable on the ball and a top prospect.
Whats the aim now? on 12:11 - Feb 28 with 801 viewsVic

Got to be carry on as now hasn't it? Dozier has been given a good chance and has been found a little wanting at the moment. His time will come if he's good enough and training with the likes of Lawrence, Huws, Diagawalla, Williams can only improve him. Ken lock and Emmanuel are already getting plenty of game time. I'm not sure there are many others punching right now are there? Ben you and Nydam maybe, but I'd see them as players to blood in the last 3-4 games only.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Whats the aim now? on 13:03 - Feb 28 with 750 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

We need to end on a high, hopefully helping players to stay for next season. If that doesn't happen can see Bart and Webster being off, although I think Bart will be gone regardless to a PL club as he's been our player of the season and probably keeper of the league
Whats the aim now? on 13:06 - Feb 28 with 734 viewsTJS

Winning two games in a row would be a start - then take it from there !
Whats the aim now? on 13:47 - Feb 28 with 673 viewsoldbluestu

Play-offs are still mathematically within our reach
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024