Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird travel advice 13:08 - Feb 28 with 4021 viewsSarge

Going away soon but have recently developed this completely random and irrational fear/hatred of flying.

It's not the flying itself as I'm a private pilot and love being up in the air, but the airport, the bags, the security, the sitting on Ryanair's cattle wagon and then all the faff at the other end. TBH I'd rather just not go but that would disappoint my girlfriend.

Anyone recommend any pills or something? Flying from poxy Southend so no pre-security bar available.
Weird travel advice on 13:31 - Feb 28 with 3940 viewsMJallday

mrs mj swears by rescue remedy

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/vitamins-supplements/homeopathic-flower-re

personally, i just get tw@tted. although i understand that at some airports turning up drunk means you may miss your flight.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Weird travel advice on 13:34 - Feb 28 with 3919 viewsgiant_stow

smoke a j beforehand.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Weird travel advice on 14:52 - Feb 28 with 3841 viewsSarge

Weird travel advice on 13:34 - Feb 28 by giant_stow

smoke a j beforehand.

Last place I flew to was Amsterdam so would have been much easier then!
Weird travel advice on 15:36 - Feb 28 with 3794 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Valium (diazepam).......if you can convince your gp that you're anxious enough (or if you have a dog try your vet before bonfire night! )

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Weird travel advice on 15:38 - Feb 28 with 3791 viewsBluebell

Hate to say it but I wouldn't fly Ryanair for a start!

Where are you going to and how long is the flight?
Weird travel advice on 15:42 - Feb 28 with 3774 viewsJakeITFC

I cannot stand all of the hassle you talk about, and Southend is good because it's so small that you don't have to wait for anything.

I'd recommend buying a reserved seat on the wing so you can get on the plane first, get your bags up and then just plug your iPod in and read a book and not worry about all of the other bolllocks.
Weird travel advice on 15:48 - Feb 28 with 3764 viewsBluebell

Weird travel advice on 15:42 - Feb 28 by JakeITFC

I cannot stand all of the hassle you talk about, and Southend is good because it's so small that you don't have to wait for anything.

I'd recommend buying a reserved seat on the wing so you can get on the plane first, get your bags up and then just plug your iPod in and read a book and not worry about all of the other bolllocks.

"a reserved seat on the wing"

I'm not sure that is the answer he wants..........

Weird travel advice on 15:54 - Feb 28 with 3741 viewsSarge

Weird travel advice on 15:38 - Feb 28 by Bluebell

Hate to say it but I wouldn't fly Ryanair for a start!

Where are you going to and how long is the flight?

Haha not my preference but spent a lot of money learning how to fly planes so I don't have enough left to justify a better airline! Having said that I've actually looked at the flight (didn't book it, didn't want to be involved) and it's easyJet so that's already slightly better! It's to Paris so only an hour.
Login to get fewer ads

Weird travel advice on 15:56 - Feb 28 with 3725 viewshype313

Weird travel advice on 15:54 - Feb 28 by Sarge

Haha not my preference but spent a lot of money learning how to fly planes so I don't have enough left to justify a better airline! Having said that I've actually looked at the flight (didn't book it, didn't want to be involved) and it's easyJet so that's already slightly better! It's to Paris so only an hour.

Paris? Eurostar it, far less hassle

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Weird travel advice on 15:58 - Feb 28 with 3722 viewsSarge

Weird travel advice on 15:56 - Feb 28 by hype313

Paris? Eurostar it, far less hassle

Already made the case for that, was told I'd have to meet her there as she'll be flying because it's so much cheaper! 😂
Weird travel advice on 16:00 - Feb 28 with 3714 viewsJakeITFC

Weird travel advice on 15:54 - Feb 28 by Sarge

Ryanair > EasyJet imo
Weird travel advice on 16:02 - Feb 28 with 3709 viewshype313

Weird travel advice on 15:58 - Feb 28 by Sarge

Already made the case for that, was told I'd have to meet her there as she'll be flying because it's so much cheaper! 😂

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Weird travel advice on 16:03 - Feb 28 with 3708 viewsSarge

Weird travel advice on 16:00 - Feb 28 by JakeITFC

Ryanair > EasyJet imo

You reckon? I like having a net on the back of the seat to put the free magazine in on easyJet. It's the little things hahah!

Plus I used to work for Airbus so there's a bit of friendly rivalry there as all of easyJet's fleet is Airbus and all Ryanair's Boeing.
Weird travel advice on 16:04 - Feb 28 with 3677 viewsSarge

Weird travel advice on 16:02 - Feb 28 by hype313

Very much so, but it's warm and safe under here despite the odd headache!
Weird travel advice on 16:06 - Feb 28 with 3661 viewshoppy

Who said romance was dead, eh?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Weird travel advice on 17:37 - Feb 28 with 3584 viewsEatonBlue

Forget the foreign holiday - I have a caravan in Norfolk for hire
Weird travel advice on 17:38 - Feb 28 with 3583 viewsDeano69

Call her bluff and meet her there. You wont have to wait 3 hours at the airport and wait for luggage etc,

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Weird travel advice on 19:49 - Feb 28 with 3464 viewsbournemouthblue

At least if you do get the dreaded announcement
'Is there anyone on board who can fly a plane'

You'll be alright

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024