Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Muhren and Thijssen book 16:07 - Feb 28 with 1149 viewsgood_at_COD

Question for those who have read it. Would you recommend it?

Giggsy

Muhren and Thijssen book on 17:33 - Feb 28 with 1124 viewsBasuco

I am half way through it and yes I would recommend it.
Muhren and Thijssen book on 17:38 - Feb 28 with 1121 viewsSteve_M

Yes, definitely. It is very readable, especially so for Town fans obviously but certainly not restricted to those who watched Robson's team. It's more extended journalism than anything else but a lot of context to club history and football at that time.

I just read the denouement of the 1980-81 season on the bus home and I ended up feeling absolutely gutted about the league.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Muhren and Thijssen book on 17:51 - Feb 28 with 1095 viewsFtnfwest

Muhren and Thijssen book on 17:38 - Feb 28 by Steve_M

Yes, definitely. It is very readable, especially so for Town fans obviously but certainly not restricted to those who watched Robson's team. It's more extended journalism than anything else but a lot of context to club history and football at that time.

I just read the denouement of the 1980-81 season on the bus home and I ended up feeling absolutely gutted about the league.

At the time it was heartbreaking and the real concern was that we'd end up with nothing. Still can't believe it was 67 games or whatever.
Muhren and Thijssen book on 18:30 - Feb 28 with 1065 viewsBasuco

I am at the part where Bobby has turned down Barcelona to stay and finish the job at Town, I wonder if MM would do that today?
Muhren and Thijssen book on 19:14 - Feb 28 with 1020 viewsPJH

Muhren and Thijssen book on 18:30 - Feb 28 by Basuco

I am at the part where Bobby has turned down Barcelona to stay and finish the job at Town, I wonder if MM would do that today?

My next chapter is 1980/81 season,hope there is a happy ending.
Muhren and Thijssen book on 22:15 - Feb 28 with 928 viewsbrazil1981

For those of us lucky to be around during that era it's an absolute must read! Fascinating behind the scenes view on how their arrival dramatically influenced the tactics used by Sir Bobby and their teammates.
Muhren and Thijssen book on 09:08 - Mar 1 with 841 viewsPJH

Muhren and Thijssen book on 22:15 - Feb 28 by brazil1981

For those of us lucky to be around during that era it's an absolute must read! Fascinating behind the scenes view on how their arrival dramatically influenced the tactics used by Sir Bobby and their teammates.

Not finished reading it yet but you are right that it is particularly interesting for those of us that were there at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024