Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is 21:31 - Feb 28 with 3748 viewsGarv

An absolute nonsense sport.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 21:31]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:35 - Feb 28 with 3098 viewsdavblue

Haye has really turned it into WWF in terms of his selling of the event. It's the same for every fight, I have to admit he's sucked me in, I'm tempted to watch it.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:41 - Feb 28 with 3055 viewsgtsb1966

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:35 - Feb 28 by davblue

Haye has really turned it into WWF in terms of his selling of the event. It's the same for every fight, I have to admit he's sucked me in, I'm tempted to watch it.

And that's exactly what he's trying to do. I suspect the ppv take ups are down so Sky have asked the boxers to crank it up.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:46 - Feb 28 with 3007 viewsGarv

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:35 - Feb 28 by davblue

It's absolutely bizarre. Any other sport and the participants would be disgraced, banned, fined, you name it. Told someone he was going to smash his f-cking head in and called the press 'retards'.

It's all a laughable con.

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:49 - Feb 28 with 2982 viewsBluefish

I heard bellew on radio 5 earlier admit that they do it all on purpose to sell tickets. Found that quite bizarre

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:57 - Feb 28 with 2957 viewsgtsb1966

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:46 - Feb 28 by Garv

It's absolutely bizarre. Any other sport and the participants would be disgraced, banned, fined, you name it. Told someone he was going to smash his f-cking head in and called the press 'retards'.

He called Bellews supporters retards as it was in Liverpool. Its to sell ppv. Boxing is still a great sport IMHO. Watch some of the domestic fights as they climb the ladder and you'll see what I mean.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:04 - Feb 28 with 2903 viewsGarv

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:57 - Feb 28 by gtsb1966

He called Bellews supporters retards as it was in Liverpool. Its to sell ppv. Boxing is still a great sport IMHO. Watch some of the domestic fights as they climb the ladder and you'll see what I mean.

I'm sure you're right. Just wish it got more professional the higher you go, seems to be the opposite.

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:10 - Feb 28 with 2871 viewsgtsb1966

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:04 - Feb 28 by Garv

I'm sure you're right. Just wish it got more professional the higher you go, seems to be the opposite.

It sells ,simple as. Don't forget Ali was trash talking in the 60's. Nobody wants a fight where the opponents want to hug each other. I know what you mean though as its all rather silly but it adds needle to the fight and occasionally the gobby one loses and looks a right tw@t
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:14 - Feb 28 with 2859 viewsLuk38644

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:10 - Feb 28 by gtsb1966

It sells ,simple as. Don't forget Ali was trash talking in the 60's. Nobody wants a fight where the opponents want to hug each other. I know what you mean though as its all rather silly but it adds needle to the fight and occasionally the gobby one loses and looks a right tw@t

It adds hype and even though it's probably all an act, people want to see it.

Look at AJ and Klitschko, I'm not really bothered about that fight despite it being the biggest fight since Fury-Klitschko, and that's mainly because they seem to be writing love letters to each other, it's just not appealing.

As for what Haye said, Bellew started all the sh*t talk and called Haye out, so when he was getting booed and jeered in Liverpool by Bellew lovers, he's hit back at them. I've seen alot of people praising him for it. Haye will batter Bellew and KO him, simple as that. Boxers being all nicey/nicey is far too boring.

Look at Whyte - Chisora from last year, that was a proper scrap, probably the best I've seen for a long time, and that was because of all the hype in the build up and hatred they had for each other.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 22:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:26 - Feb 28 with 2817 viewsgtsb1966

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:14 - Feb 28 by Luk38644

It adds hype and even though it's probably all an act, people want to see it.

Look at AJ and Klitschko, I'm not really bothered about that fight despite it being the biggest fight since Fury-Klitschko, and that's mainly because they seem to be writing love letters to each other, it's just not appealing.

As for what Haye said, Bellew started all the sh*t talk and called Haye out, so when he was getting booed and jeered in Liverpool by Bellew lovers, he's hit back at them. I've seen alot of people praising him for it. Haye will batter Bellew and KO him, simple as that. Boxers being all nicey/nicey is far too boring.

Look at Whyte - Chisora from last year, that was a proper scrap, probably the best I've seen for a long time, and that was because of all the hype in the build up and hatred they had for each other.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 22:15]

Whyte_Chisora was a great fight I agree. Bellew is a gobby git but I don't think he will get battered. I'll take Haye in the fourth with a knockout.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:35 - Feb 28 with 2782 viewsLuk38644

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:26 - Feb 28 by gtsb1966

Whyte_Chisora was a great fight I agree. Bellew is a gobby git but I don't think he will get battered. I'll take Haye in the fourth with a knockout.

I'm not Bellew's biggest fan and I can only see it ending with a KO for him. I find it a bit silly that Hearn has let him take the fight just for the payday knowing Bellew is out of his depth.

If Haye is as or more powerful than his former self, Bellew is in trouble.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:41 - Feb 28 with 2762 viewsgtsb1966

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:35 - Feb 28 by Luk38644

I'm not Bellew's biggest fan and I can only see it ending with a KO for him. I find it a bit silly that Hearn has let him take the fight just for the payday knowing Bellew is out of his depth.

The weight is the only thing I'd be concerned with. On paper Bellew is ,as you say, a big underdog BUT Haye hasn't fought properly for years whereas Bellew has had some hard rounds against good opponents. I still fancy Haye early but if it goes past 5 rounds I'd worry for Haye.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:42 - Feb 28 with 2751 viewsJ2BLUE

Bellew - "This guy would turn up to the opening of an envelope"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 23:09 - Feb 28 with 2680 viewsLuk38644

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:42 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Bellew - "This guy would turn up to the opening of an envelope"

Thought Haye's soundbite topped that...

'Bellew fighting me is like turning up to a gunfight with a floppy dildo'.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 23:19 - Feb 28 with 2651 viewsRyorry

I guess I must be missing something, but whilst I can see boxing's got a lot of youngsters out of poverty and off the streets, I just don't get how, in modern times when all other sports are doing their utmost to protect the brains of competitors, pro boxers are still allowed to step into the ring to deliberately aim heavy blows at the unprotected heads of their opponents.

Should add that I'm influenced by having regularly met (in my working life) an old pro boxer whose brain was turned to cabbage as a result of his career - 'punch drunk' syndrome.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 00:59 - Mar 1 with 2557 viewsBlueBadger

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 21:46 - Feb 28 by Garv

That, or he's about to be elected president of the USA.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 07:13 - Mar 1 with 2427 viewsimsureazzure

Please do not judge all boxers by the total Tow Rag that is david haye.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 07:43 - Mar 1 with 2363 viewsgtsb1966

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 23:19 - Feb 28 by Ryorry

I guess I must be missing something, but whilst I can see boxing's got a lot of youngsters out of poverty and off the streets, I just don't get how, in modern times when all other sports are doing their utmost to protect the brains of competitors, pro boxers are still allowed to step into the ring to deliberately aim heavy blows at the unprotected heads of their opponents.

Should add that I'm influenced by having regularly met (in my working life) an old pro boxer whose brain was turned to cabbage as a result of his career - 'punch drunk' syndrome.

Ok then let's ban it and watch it go underground with no proper medical facilities, no doctors and no drug testing.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 08:09 - Mar 1 with 2316 viewsbournemouthblue

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 07:43 - Mar 1 by gtsb1966

Ok then let's ban it and watch it go underground with no proper medical facilities, no doctors and no drug testing.

They have also suggested that wearing head gear actually leads to boxers receiving harder blows so there is no safe answer to the head injury issues without banning punches to the head

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 08:24 - Mar 1 with 2295 viewsMJallday

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 07:43 - Mar 1 by gtsb1966

Sorry I just can't get excited (or see how people get enjoyment out of watching) two people beating the living sh1t out of eachother

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 08:30 - Mar 1 with 2270 viewsgtsb1966

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 08:24 - Mar 1 by MJallday

Sorry I just can't get excited (or see how people get enjoyment out of watching) two people beating the living sh1t out of eachother

Each to their own I suppose. I love a good boxing match but on the other hand I cannot get into cage fighting. Also you have to remember that the boxers are willing participants. Its not like some poor sod getting a good kicking on a Saturday night.
Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 08:32 - Mar 1 with 2262 viewshype313

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 22:35 - Feb 28 by Luk38644

It's all about the £££ even though Bellew is currently WC at Cruiser he doesn't have anyone in that division that will make big bucks, he is looking for a payday and you can't blame him, I heard he was getting £3m for this fight so he's probably thought why not, even if he loses he can go back down have a couple of defences and secure himself financially.

Haye is all about the £ too, which is why he is back having said that he would retire at 31, he;s also looking for a payday down the line with AJ, and he knows in his heart of hearts that AJ will destroy him, but it would make him millions in the meantime.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 10:20 - Mar 1 with 2186 viewsCaptainObvious

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 07:13 - Mar 1 by imsureazzure

Please do not judge all boxers by the total Tow Rag that is david haye.

This post has been edited by an administrator

has he changed his nickname from hayemaker? bold move that.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 10:22 - Mar 1 with 2173 viewsRyorry

I didn't say I wanted it banned, only you did that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 10:25 - Mar 1 with 2161 viewschicoazul

Haye is going to destroy him. It's a mismatch really, although some people think Haye is going to be lighter than Bellew on the night but I think that would only be because Bellew has bulked up.
Joshua would struggle with Haye if you ask me, not that you did of course.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 10:26]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 10:27 - Mar 1 with 2148 viewsPhilTWTD

Nice to see David Haye confirming exactly what Boxing is on 10:20 - Mar 1 by CaptainObvious

has he changed his nickname from hayemaker? bold move that.

I suspect he hasn't and new sobriquet removed in case it catches the eye of his lawyers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024