Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. 11:17 - Mar 1 with 6251 viewsblueblood66

you need a check up from the neck up. 2 wins in 2017, v Villa and Blackburn, 2 of the worst form clubs in the division.
If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:25 - Mar 1 with 2918 viewsDolly2.0

So that's the only criteria with which to judge? The improved performances against some of the toughest opponents in the division is irrelevant?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:25 - Mar 1 with 2918 viewsFixed_It

It wasn't the results it was the football that made me begin to waver. Only a blind man would fail to see the difference now.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:25 - Mar 1 with 2915 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Most of the mick outers were saying when we were playing sh1t 'it's not that we lose, it's that we play awful football in the air with minimal passing and attacking play'.

Now we are much improved footballing wise and suddenly the lack of wins, despite playing some good sides since the turn of the year, is the big problem.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:28 - Mar 1 with 2876 viewsCaptainObvious

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:25 - Mar 1 by Fixed_It

It wasn't the results it was the football that made me begin to waver. Only a blind man would fail to see the difference now.

i watched us constantly clouting the ball up the pitch against Norwich with some working eyes.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:28 - Mar 1 with 2870 viewsblueblood66

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:25 - Mar 1 by Fixed_It

so you think he will continue in the same vain? I am not so easily reassured, and think he is yesterdays man. If you think Sunday was good then you are bonkers and easily pleased.
If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:29 - Mar 1 with 2861 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dare I say we've become very easily pleased? Although recent performances seem to be better, we're still nothing to write home about at all. There's a long way to go before we consistently play more entertaining football that will also achieve results and bring the crowds back. Little steps and all that though....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:30 - Mar 1 with 2858 viewsBluebell

I was never a Mick outer but I was annoyed with the way the team was playing. I don't blame him for the players 'not' brought in but I blamed him for the style of play.

A month or so ago I hated going to games although I kept going. I guessed we would either lose or maybe struggle to get a draw and wasn't even upset with what the score was because I expected it.

Now I really look forward to going to games with the hope that we will win. I am excited about 2 homes games on Saturday and Tuesday.

The fact the football is better with the new players and we are scoring goals says it all for me. Not many I admit but we are getting there.

AND we have Lawrence back on Saturday!
If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:30 - Mar 1 with 2847 viewsDolly2.0

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:28 - Mar 1 by CaptainObvious

i watched us constantly clouting the ball up the pitch against Norwich with some working eyes.

We weren't hoofing that much. And that's one game. What about all the other recent games?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Login to get fewer ads

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:34 - Mar 1 with 2807 viewsBluebell

So what? We should have won if the ref had noticed the awful foul on Didzy. We should also beaten them at home if the perfectly good goal hadn't been disallowed.

Hoofing or not, it's the final score that counts!
If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:34 - Mar 1 with 2788 viewsartsbossbeard

No, you didn't.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:35 - Mar 1 with 2766 viewsnbsiyag

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:25 - Mar 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Most of the mick outers were saying when we were playing sh1t 'it's not that we lose, it's that we play awful football in the air with minimal passing and attacking play'.

Now we are much improved footballing wise and suddenly the lack of wins, despite playing some good sides since the turn of the year, is the big problem.

We had been playing brighter football last month with Mcgoldrick back and Huws Ward and Diagouraga pushing forward but I thought that on Sunday we were heading back to our old negative ways. We'll see on Saturday whether "first name on the teamsheet" starts or not.
If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:38 - Mar 1 with 2737 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So was that 27 lumps up and down the pitch before the goal then ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:41 - Mar 1 with 2714 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:29 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

Dare I say we've become very easily pleased? Although recent performances seem to be better, we're still nothing to write home about at all. There's a long way to go before we consistently play more entertaining football that will also achieve results and bring the crowds back. Little steps and all that though....

Nothing to write home about?

Sorry but I disagree. The performances against Leeds, Reading and second half at villa were very good

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:43 - Mar 1 with 2703 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:38 - Mar 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

To be fair, that was the exception. It was a very scrappy game low on quality and we spent a lot of it in our own half bar a decent 10-15 minute spell in the second half. We restricted them, but it was far from pretty.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:44 - Mar 1 with 2706 viewsCaptainObvious

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:34 - Mar 1 by Bluebell

So what? We should have won if the ref had noticed the awful foul on Didzy. We should also beaten them at home if the perfectly good goal hadn't been disallowed.

Hoofing or not, it's the final score that counts!

i couldn't care less if we spent the entire game booting the ball into the River Yare if it meant beating Norwich. i was just saying it was mostly clouting the ball up the wings.

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:44 - Mar 1 with 2701 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:30 - Mar 1 by Bluebell

I was never a Mick outer but I was annoyed with the way the team was playing. I don't blame him for the players 'not' brought in but I blamed him for the style of play.

A month or so ago I hated going to games although I kept going. I guessed we would either lose or maybe struggle to get a draw and wasn't even upset with what the score was because I expected it.

Now I really look forward to going to games with the hope that we will win. I am excited about 2 homes games on Saturday and Tuesday.

The fact the football is better with the new players and we are scoring goals says it all for me. Not many I admit but we are getting there.

AND we have Lawrence back on Saturday!

Brentford have won 2 lost 2 in last 4 games and averaged 2.5 goals/game in that time....will be a good test of where the team are at .

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:44 - Mar 1 with 2696 viewsCaptainObvious

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:38 - Mar 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

we played some nice football for 10 minutes.

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:46 - Mar 1 with 2663 viewsSuperfrans

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:29 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

Little steps indeed.

But changing the way a team plays takes time. As does assimilating new players.

I'm not totally convinced yet that Mick is the man for the long term.

But, unlike many others, I like him as a man, I like his plain-speaking, I think he is better than most working on a restricted budget and builds a really strong team ethic (which you need on a tight budget).

I really would like him to prove he is the man for us - and think it is a shame that some other fans would like to be proved right and for him and the team to perform poorly between now and the end of the season.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:51 - Mar 1 with 2614 viewschristiand

I don't think we were doing that much hoofing as in the past. In fact retaining the ball was one of things we were doing better - look at our goal! I certainly don't think Sunday's performance was anything to say we have turned a corner either...it was lacking a cutting edge. However, previous performances have shown a shift in approach, selection and general play, which was my issue with MM. I certainly think the January transfer window has helped me to realise where the problem really lies, regardless of the rubbish Milne spouts out in support of ME and what MM is up against. My view has certainly softened towards MM, but I'm hoping that he continues with this more positive approach and style of play for the rest of the season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:56 - Mar 1 with 2595 viewsCaptainObvious

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:51 - Mar 1 by christiand

I don't think we were doing that much hoofing as in the past. In fact retaining the ball was one of things we were doing better - look at our goal! I certainly don't think Sunday's performance was anything to say we have turned a corner either...it was lacking a cutting edge. However, previous performances have shown a shift in approach, selection and general play, which was my issue with MM. I certainly think the January transfer window has helped me to realise where the problem really lies, regardless of the rubbish Milne spouts out in support of ME and what MM is up against. My view has certainly softened towards MM, but I'm hoping that he continues with this more positive approach and style of play for the rest of the season.

as i said there was a 10 minute spell of decent football which contained the goal.

there was some possession football across the back, but we spent 80 minutes doing this or lumping it. Look at Huws and Ward. Huws was anonymous and Ward came alive only for that 10 minute spell in the second half.

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 12:01 - Mar 1 with 2566 viewsStowTractorBoy

I was always Mick in up until the Derby game and then I did waver seriously and had massive doubts about him being able to take us forward. The new signings have definitely freshened us up and the football has been better if not what we would all like, but playing football against Norwich and we would have been beaten I am sure, as they have several talented players. If MM were to go I have doubts as to whether we have the right personnel at the Club to choose a decent replacement. I am therefore hoping we will stick with MM and that Marcus Evans will give him a decent transfer budget. If he doesn't it sounds to me as though MM will be off anyway and the outers will be happy. A boring statement - but be careful what you wish for.
If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 12:01 - Mar 1 with 2567 viewsITFC_Forever

We hoofed it to each 27 times in a row for our goal.

Edit; Read the whole thread and it's already been pointed out.

I still think we're playing out time on this season now.

The January loans have improved things, but they are just that - loans, with no long-term impact.

I genuinely don't know what to expect at the end of the season. Something has to change though and I suspect Mick has had enough. ME will need to promise (and honour the commitment) to a new manager of some money to spend to attract a half-decent manager. Doesn't need to be tens of millions, but we clearly need a couple of £2m - £3m signings if we are remotely serious about trying to get in the POs.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 12:04]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 12:05 - Mar 1 with 2526 viewsCaptainObvious

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 12:01 - Mar 1 by ITFC_Forever

We hoofed it to each 27 times in a row for our goal.

Edit; Read the whole thread and it's already been pointed out.

I still think we're playing out time on this season now.

The January loans have improved things, but they are just that - loans, with no long-term impact.

I genuinely don't know what to expect at the end of the season. Something has to change though and I suspect Mick has had enough. ME will need to promise (and honour the commitment) to a new manager of some money to spend to attract a half-decent manager. Doesn't need to be tens of millions, but we clearly need a couple of £2m - £3m signings if we are remotely serious about trying to get in the POs.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 12:04]

that's already been done and responded to. i don't think the goal was indicative of the 90 minutes.

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 12:06 - Mar 1 with 2512 viewsClausThomsen

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:46 - Mar 1 by Superfrans

Little steps indeed.

But changing the way a team plays takes time. As does assimilating new players.

I'm not totally convinced yet that Mick is the man for the long term.

But, unlike many others, I like him as a man, I like his plain-speaking, I think he is better than most working on a restricted budget and builds a really strong team ethic (which you need on a tight budget).

I really would like him to prove he is the man for us - and think it is a shame that some other fans would like to be proved right and for him and the team to perform poorly between now and the end of the season.

He's got the perfect opportunity to prove his doubters wrong with the remaining games of the season. They're easier games, everyone's fit and he's basically got his full squad to choose from.

We've shown against some of the best sides in the division that we've nothing to fear, so we shouldn't play with fear.

But it's hard to see how we're gonna be fearless with "Match em up" Mick at the helm. He's a 0-0 loving centreback to the bone. I do wonder how many keepy-ups he can actually do.

6 points from the next 2 home games would be a good start - or at least 2 good home team performances where we're creating chances. I'd bet he'll play Chambers, Berra and Smith as the back 3 though... He couldn't wait to do that at Norwich.

The teams so defensive that every time we score we have a collective nosebleed and concede straight after.

Mick out, I'm not fickle. I can't believe he'll change after 4 years of data, especially as it's been corroborated by Wolves fans. He'll have to rip it up for the rest of the season to win me back.
If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 12:10 - Mar 1 with 2478 viewsCaptainObvious

If you were Mick out and are now Mick In.. on 11:25 - Mar 1 by The_Romford_Blue

When we were top of the league in 2014 no-one was complaining about the style of football. So that tells me that it's results first and performances second as far as the overwhelming majority are concerned. Therefore when neither results or performances are forthcoming, performances also get cited. There is just a bit more leeway if performances pick up, but results are still the ultimate measurement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024