Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some observations from today's game. 19:51 - Mar 4 with 2238 views3_5_2

We appear to have had a team of Ray Wilkins today' - sideways, sideways sideways.

Moore was beaten in the air by a 5ft ginger midget ( who was decent by the way)

The crowd ( never 15,800 ) was so quiet - got served at half time for a change !

The officials, all 3 of them were bloody awful. Petty ref, blind linesmen ( both ways I might add)

Lucky point. I thought the clearance by Kenlock was over the line

[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 19:54]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Some observations from today's game. on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 2139 viewsArnieM

The main problem is we have never replaced Murphy. We simply do not have a decent target man and a player that can hold the ball up. Playing Lawrence and Didsy is essentially playing to attacking midfielders as strikers.

We were crying out for pace up front and someone to recieve the ball IN the box. Why isn't Pitman getting a look in even as a 2nd half sub?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Some observations from today's game. on 20:51 - Mar 4 with 2116 viewsLuk38644

Agreed about Moore.

It's very harsh to judge him this early on but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's the answer yet.

Problem is, I think Mick is expecting to mould him into a target man who can hold the ball up purely because of his height, but his touch and intelligence isn't good enough. The ball just does not stick to him.

He may be 6"5 but it doesn't matter how tall you are if you have the intelligence and ability to hold the ball up.
Some observations from today's game. on 20:57 - Mar 4 with 2093 viewschristiand

Some observations from today's game. on 20:51 - Mar 4 by Luk38644

Agreed about Moore.

It's very harsh to judge him this early on but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's the answer yet.

Problem is, I think Mick is expecting to mould him into a target man who can hold the ball up purely because of his height, but his touch and intelligence isn't good enough. The ball just does not stick to him.

He may be 6"5 but it doesn't matter how tall you are if you have the intelligence and ability to hold the ball up.

Same last week against Norwich, when Moore came on. He has the physical attributes, but got done in the air every time. For someone of his size he should at least win a few headers. I know it's early into his Ipswich career, but I've yet to see anything to say he can make it at this level.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Some observations from today's game. on 21:02 - Mar 4 with 2068 viewstaximan

Some observations from today's game. on 20:57 - Mar 4 by christiand

Same last week against Norwich, when Moore came on. He has the physical attributes, but got done in the air every time. For someone of his size he should at least win a few headers. I know it's early into his Ipswich career, but I've yet to see anything to say he can make it at this level.

which is hardly a surprise

we really have scraped the bottom of the bargain basement barrel with this one
Some observations from today's game. on 21:18 - Mar 4 with 1975 viewsoldbluestu

Some observations from today's game. on 21:02 - Mar 4 by taximan

which is hardly a surprise

we really have scraped the bottom of the bargain basement barrel with this one

You said the same about Mings when he joined Town
Some observations from today's game. on 21:40 - Mar 4 with 1904 views3_5_2

Agreed about Moore.

I want him to work but have yet to see even potential he can win headers, surely a basic for a guy his size?

A punt at £10k so I guess nothing ventured.....

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Some observations from today's game. on 21:42 - Mar 4 with 1893 viewstaximan

Some observations from today's game. on 21:18 - Mar 4 by oldbluestu

did i ?

can't remember that

never really rated mings, getting 9 mill was daylight robbery
Some observations from today's game. on 21:47 - Mar 4 with 1871 viewsLuk38644

Some observations from today's game. on 21:40 - Mar 4 by 3_5_2

I want him to work but have yet to see even potential he can win headers, surely a basic for a guy his size?

A punt at £10k so I guess nothing ventured.....

He can be trained into winning headers but his movement, intelligence in possession and use of his body isn't like a target man, it's more like Frank Nouble.
Login to get fewer ads

Some observations from today's game. on 22:05 - Mar 4 with 1814 viewsCoco

Some observations from today's game. on 21:47 - Mar 4 by Luk38644

He can be trained into winning headers but his movement, intelligence in possession and use of his body isn't like a target man, it's more like Frank Nouble.

It's just bloody depressing if we have signed a player purely because he is tall and can be trained to win headers. It's depressing we are reliant on a target man to win long balls. It's depressing that our failing is that we haven't replaced daryl Murphy. I don't mind having or even playing a target man but to be bloody reliant on one is, well, depressing.

New ideas please.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Some observations from today's game. on 22:18 - Mar 4 with 1764 viewsArnieM

Some observations from today's game. on 22:05 - Mar 4 by Coco

It's just bloody depressing if we have signed a player purely because he is tall and can be trained to win headers. It's depressing we are reliant on a target man to win long balls. It's depressing that our failing is that we haven't replaced daryl Murphy. I don't mind having or even playing a target man but to be bloody reliant on one is, well, depressing.

New ideas please.

a new id4a for next s3ason is for Marcus bloody Evans to financially back.his.manager to a competitive/ meaningful level.

Sir Alex Ferguson and SBR would struggle in this division on the level of backing Evans is now prepared to invest.

I wish Evans would just sell up and piss off.

Some observations from today's game. on 22:23 - Mar 4 with 1744 viewsKeaneish

Some observations from today's game. on 21:42 - Mar 4 by taximan

did i ?

can't remember that

never really rated mings, getting 9 mill was daylight robbery

Agreed. Unbelievable piece of business given the had one full season. He's got ability but all that cash for a prospect? Thank you very much.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Some observations from today's game. on 22:27 - Mar 4 with 1725 viewsCoco

Some observations from today's game. on 22:18 - Mar 4 by ArnieM

a new id4a for next s3ason is for Marcus bloody Evans to financially back.his.manager to a competitive/ meaningful level.

Sir Alex Ferguson and SBR would struggle in this division on the level of backing Evans is now prepared to invest.

I wish Evans would just sell up and piss off.

Oh I totally agree.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Some observations from today's game. on 23:32 - Mar 4 with 1660 viewsbraveblue

Ball never over the line.

Their ginger holding midfielder showed how poor Skuse actually is. He was box to box and looked forwards at every opportunity. He slows us down so much.

Crowd quiet and manager resorted to boring defensive football again. Will he ever learn?
Some observations from today's game. on 04:49 - Mar 5 with 1511 viewsArnieM

Some observations from today's game. on 23:32 - Mar 4 by braveblue

Ball never over the line.

Their ginger holding midfielder showed how poor Skuse actually is. He was box to box and looked forwards at every opportunity. He slows us down so much.

Crowd quiet and manager resorted to boring defensive football again. Will he ever learn?

Another one who clearly has no understanding of Skuse's role in the team!

Skuse's job is to win the ball for the team by breaking up opposition play.

He did this VERY effectively all over the pitch , all afternoon.

It was the job of Huws, Lawrence, Ward and Didsy to convert this to attacking play. All were largely ineffective. But you appear to have little understanding of this.

Some observations from today's game. on 07:42 - Mar 5 with 1440 viewstractorboy1978

Some observations from today's game. on 04:49 - Mar 5 by ArnieM

It was the job of Huws, Lawrence, Ward and Didsy to convert this to attacking play. All were largely ineffective. But you appear to have little understanding of this.

Woods did that and then some for them.

Moore looked absolutely dire, I can only assume Pitman is gone at the end of the season. He can't get on the pitch over a guy that looks like he's won a competition and the prize was 'experience a day as a professional footballer'.
Some observations from today's game. on 07:51 - Mar 5 with 1418 viewsBenters

Some observations from today's game. on 21:18 - Mar 4 by oldbluestu

Oh blimey are we going to have this everytime all 'Micks Gems' will be worth the same as Mings ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Some observations from today's game. on 07:59 - Mar 5 with 1391 viewstaximan

Some observations from today's game. on 07:51 - Mar 5 by Benters

Oh blimey are we going to have this everytime all 'Micks Gems' will be worth the same as Mings ?

"what about mings" ?

lovely
Some observations from today's game. on 08:09 - Mar 5 with 1363 viewsBenters

Some observations from today's game. on 07:59 - Mar 5 by taximan

"what about mings" ?

lovely

'buy the club'

'wages'

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Some observations from today's game. on 08:37 - Mar 5 with 1318 viewsNo9

Some observations from today's game. on 20:41 - Mar 4 by ArnieM

The main problem is we have never replaced Murphy. We simply do not have a decent target man and a player that can hold the ball up. Playing Lawrence and Didsy is essentially playing to attacking midfielders as strikers.

We were crying out for pace up front and someone to recieve the ball IN the box. Why isn't Pitman getting a look in even as a 2nd half sub?

The problem when MM plays his favourites isn't having a striker in the box it's getting the ball in the box in the first place. You anot going to get many chances playing the game in your own half of any football match
Some observations from today's game. on 08:42 - Mar 5 with 1307 viewsBluebell

Agreed about Moore.

This exactly.

A wrong substition yesterday, as was Diagouraga. Mick played for the draw again which was so frustrating.

We needed either Sears for his speed or Pitman on with at least 20 minutes to go. It was obviously McGoldrick was knackered and couldn't keep the ball. Lawrence was surrounded by 3 players every time he got the ball. Thank goodness for Kenlock on the line otherwise Mcik's plan for a draw could have gone t*ts up!

How many games is it now that we have scored first and the given away a goal soon after?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 8:51]
Some observations from today's game. on 08:50 - Mar 5 with 1285 viewsNo9

Some observations from today's game. on 04:49 - Mar 5 by ArnieM

Skuses interceptions were pretty good. That is only part of the game tho' isn't it. The real issue is that he doesn't do anything with the ball if he gets it.
Yesterday two forward passes all afternoon, both the a red & white shirt.
All his passes are short & normally to a marked team mate.
Even worse yesterday winning the ball in their half he passed it back into Towns half when he could have taken his time & played it forward.
He was much of the problem for Huws not getting the ball
& if you want to see how poorly he marks opposition players watch him & Berra for their goal
Some observations from today's game. on 08:50 - Mar 5 with 1284 viewsTLA

Some observations from today's game. on 08:42 - Mar 5 by Bluebell

This exactly.

A wrong substition yesterday, as was Diagouraga. Mick played for the draw again which was so frustrating.

We needed either Sears for his speed or Pitman on with at least 20 minutes to go. It was obviously McGoldrick was knackered and couldn't keep the ball. Lawrence was surrounded by 3 players every time he got the ball. Thank goodness for Kenlock on the line otherwise Mcik's plan for a draw could have gone t*ts up!

How many games is it now that we have scored first and the given away a goal soon after?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 8:51]

The substitutions were frustrating yesterday and didn't really threaten to add to our couple of shots on target.

Our formation has looked promising but, playing wingback, we need several deliveries like Spence's last week in every game, rather than them being out of the ordinary. Maybe playing Ward as a wingback would help, although I thought he was one of our best players before he went off, which I didn't understand (unless he had an injury).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024