Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett Pitman 10:14 - Mar 6 with 1956 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Last season I made the bold claim that Pitman was an 'upgrade' or 'better version' of McGoldrick and that we needed to move on from our obsession with McG..
Fast forward to now and I can't think of many reasons as to how I could back that up.

Pitman's injuries have come at bad times as he would have been nailed on to start a good cluster of games but when he has played regularly he hasn't ever really held down a place, even with little to no competition

He is the best finisher in the squad, but can't see him being here next season which would be a shame as for anyone else in this league he'd be worth 10-15 goals a season
Brett Pitman on 10:16 - Mar 6 with 1938 viewsHerbivore

He is a good finisher but I'm often left wondering what else he's good at. His link up play can be decent but he's a passenger at times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brett Pitman on 10:18 - Mar 6 with 1920 viewshoppy

I think he would've been a better option to bring on instead of Moore on Saturday, for example.
I've always rated him more as a sub than as a starter, personally.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Brett Pitman on 11:03 - Mar 6 with 1818 viewsBluebell

Brett Pitman on 10:18 - Mar 6 by hoppy

I think he would've been a better option to bring on instead of Moore on Saturday, for example.

Agreed. Weren't people saying he was our supersub when he had come on in several games and scored the winner?

His legs seem to have gone and he can't run but I still think if he had the ball to feet he could score for us.

Certainly worth a try tomorrow as a sub.
Brett Pitman on 11:05 - Mar 6 with 1807 viewsSwailsey

He's been used as a sub at most places he's been at..there has to be a reason for that..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Brett Pitman on 11:06 - Mar 6 with 1799 viewsIpswich24

Brett Pitman on 10:16 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

He is a good finisher but I'm often left wondering what else he's good at. His link up play can be decent but he's a passenger at times.

Anyone would be a passenger playing upfront with service they get! Including Messi!

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Brett Pitman on 13:07 - Mar 6 with 1680 viewsTractorCam

Brett Pitman on 10:18 - Mar 6 by hoppy

The best thing is he thinks he's better than that. I've never rated him, always said he's best off the bench

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Brett Pitman on 13:19 - Mar 6 with 1644 viewsArnieM

Brett Pitman on 13:07 - Mar 6 by TractorCam

The best thing is he thinks he's better than that. I've never rated him, always said he's best off the bench

to be fair to Pitman Town hardly play to . his strengths. How often have we hoofed it up to him and expect him to do a "Murphy". It will never happen. He's still genuine fox in.tht.box, trouble is we rarely get the ball in.thr box.

Didsy may be a bag if tricks a pretty football but he never looks like scoring. It was crying out for Pitman 2nd half last Saturday but no we bring on a 6ft7ins Moore who can't header the inevitable high calls, nor candidates hold the ball up. Pointless substitution.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Brett Pitman on 13:27 - Mar 6 with 1615 viewsitfcjoe

He's just not fit enough to play week in-week out from the start.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Brett Pitman on 13:45 - Mar 6 with 1571 viewsNo9

He is a decent striker but he is a box player & getting the ball into the oppoents box is somethign Town are not very good at which is why Tom Lawrences runs have become so important
Brett Pitman on 13:49 - Mar 6 with 1555 viewsVic

So he's a poor mans Jordan Rhodes then!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Brett Pitman on 14:00 - Mar 6 with 1530 viewsNo9

Would you have said the same about Ray Crawford?
Brett Pitman on 16:04 - Mar 6 with 1455 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Amazed that Moore was preferred to Pitman both at Norwich and on Saturday. I wasn’t there on Saturday so I’m saying that from a distance. Pitman is excellent in the air and clearly a good finisher too.

Presumably he’s off in the summer.
Brett Pitman on 16:40 - Mar 6 with 1412 viewsSimonds92

Brett Pitman on 13:19 - Mar 6 by ArnieM

to be fair to Pitman Town hardly play to . his strengths. How often have we hoofed it up to him and expect him to do a "Murphy". It will never happen. He's still genuine fox in.tht.box, trouble is we rarely get the ball in.thr box.

Didsy may be a bag if tricks a pretty football but he never looks like scoring. It was crying out for Pitman 2nd half last Saturday but no we bring on a 6ft7ins Moore who can't header the inevitable high calls, nor candidates hold the ball up. Pointless substitution.

Extremely overrated player! He's never been 'prolific' as some people think he has and offers nothing outside of the box. Maybe playing with a complete forward that can do everything else for him, (run in behind, hold the ball up and win headers) he may well be more effective but if we had someone able to do that, would we want Pitman upfront anyway?
Brett Pitman on 16:46 - Mar 6 with 1398 viewschristiand

He can put the ball in the net and that's about it. MCG has got a better all round game that is far superior to Pitman's. Although, he must be frustrated not being able to get a look in ahead of Moore from the bench!?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Brett Pitman on 18:21 - Mar 6 with 1342 viewsArnieM

Brett Pitman on 16:46 - Mar 6 by christiand

He can put the ball in the net and that's about it. MCG has got a better all round game that is far superior to Pitman's. Although, he must be frustrated not being able to get a look in ahead of Moore from the bench!?

If Pitman 's major contribution is putting the ball in the heh, then it beggers belief he hasn't been played more, because that is exactly the main thing we lack.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024