Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! 23:12 - Mar 6 with 2529 viewsGuthrum

About time I did one of these.

Usual rules, but with the refinement for this season of splitting home and away form projected forwards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 23:39 - Mar 6 with 1961 viewsHarryfromBath

It's that time of the year already! I love these tables purely as a source of idle reflection, e.g. Bristol City being in a more parlous state than Wolves and Brighton getting Sheffield Wednesday again in the play-offs.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 00:05 - Mar 7 with 1913 viewsBackToRussia

All to play for then.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 00:05 - Mar 7 with 1910 viewsDarth_Koont

Top work!

Pronouns: He/Him

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 00:11 - Mar 7 with 1908 viewsjeera

You couldn't manipulate us into 15th?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:12 - Mar 7 with 1795 viewsFtnfwest

One more point and we can all get our deckchairs out then?
It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:17 - Mar 7 with 1779 viewsBenters

You have us 16th and that would be our worse finish in yonks is that right ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:26 - Mar 7 with 1765 viewsTractorWood

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:17 - Mar 7 by Benters

You have us 16th and that would be our worse finish in yonks is that right ?

Think it would be our worst finish in 57/58 years. Drastic change needed, root to branch or we are going down in the next couple of years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:35 - Mar 7 with 1739 viewsBenters

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:26 - Mar 7 by TractorWood

Think it would be our worst finish in 57/58 years. Drastic change needed, root to branch or we are going down in the next couple of years.

Indeed mate if you were a worrying sort of man,this is a very worrying time for town.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:39 - Mar 7 with 1727 viewsWarkystache

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:35 - Mar 7 by Benters

Indeed mate if you were a worrying sort of man,this is a very worrying time for town.

Brizzle City HAVE slumped alarmingly in the last few weeks, but enough to relegate them? Hmmmm. I'd see the bottom three as Rotherham, Wigan and Burton still.

Think BC have an easier run in than Burton. I can still see a bigger club getting dragged in as well - not us, I hope!

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:43 - Mar 7 with 1715 viewsBenters

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:39 - Mar 7 by Warkystache

Brizzle City HAVE slumped alarmingly in the last few weeks, but enough to relegate them? Hmmmm. I'd see the bottom three as Rotherham, Wigan and Burton still.

Think BC have an easier run in than Burton. I can still see a bigger club getting dragged in as well - not us, I hope!

So you are worried ?

Gentlybentley

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:08 - Mar 7 with 1630 viewsHerbivore

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 06:26 - Mar 7 by TractorWood

Are drastic changes a good idea when we don't really have much of a budget to work with? Wouldn't we be better off making tweaks and improvements to what we already have? It's much more achievable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:26 - Mar 7 with 1605 viewsBluebell

Thanks for that Guthers. Very interesting.

I am still of the opinion we will finish higher than 16th but I guess that is my heart speaking rather than brain.

Derby at 12th is interesting. Perhaps that shows some people that money doesn't always bring success.
It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:28 - Mar 7 with 1597 viewsBenters

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:26 - Mar 7 by Bluebell

Thanks for that Guthers. Very interesting.

I am still of the opinion we will finish higher than 16th but I guess that is my heart speaking rather than brain.

Derby at 12th is interesting. Perhaps that shows some people that money doesn't always bring success.

Thats the one lets just trudge on in nothingness then !

For every Derby there is a Brighton ..

I said at the beginning of the season 8-12 is where we would finish .
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 8:29]

Gentlybentley

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:39 - Mar 7 with 1579 viewsRadlett_blue

What happened to Grim_Rob & his "relegation calculator"?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:39 - Mar 7 with 1578 viewsPinewoodblue

If thst were to br the final table then only the three relegated teams would have won less games than Town. Not exactly something to build on is it?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:43 - Mar 7 with 1563 viewsBenters

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:39 - Mar 7 by Pinewoodblue

If thst were to br the final table then only the three relegated teams would have won less games than Town. Not exactly something to build on is it?

19 drawers is not to be sniffed at though

Gentlybentley

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:44 - Mar 7 with 1558 viewsHerbivore

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:39 - Mar 7 by Pinewoodblue

On the flip side only the top 8 would have less defeats so there's plenty to build on if we can turn a few draws into wins. Depends how you want to spin it. Guthrum's table is a based on recent form and we have had a very large number of draws lately but all against sides above us in the table so there's the potential there for us to finish the season reasonably strongly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:45 - Mar 7 with 1550 viewsBenters

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:44 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

On the flip side only the top 8 would have less defeats so there's plenty to build on if we can turn a few draws into wins. Depends how you want to spin it. Guthrum's table is a based on recent form and we have had a very large number of draws lately but all against sides above us in the table so there's the potential there for us to finish the season reasonably strongly.

Go on then what position do you think town will finish?

Gentlybentley

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:57 - Mar 7 with 1516 viewsGeoffSentence

So you reckon two more wins before the end of the season? That's not a lot to look forward to.

I on the other hand am much more optimistic, I have us down for 3 more wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats leaving us on, well, 55 points.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 09:20 - Mar 7 with 1479 viewsTractorWood

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 08:08 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

Are drastic changes a good idea when we don't really have much of a budget to work with? Wouldn't we be better off making tweaks and improvements to what we already have? It's much more achievable.

By root and branch I mean fundamental change ie Evans' investment policy. Whoever is in charge needs a decent pot to replace some of the older spine of the side.

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 09:54 - Mar 7 with 1437 viewsGuthrum

Indeed, since 1958-59.

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 10:21 - Mar 7 with 1394 viewsNo9

Do you have Towns projected results that give you a 16th place finish?
It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 10:32 - Mar 7 with 1385 viewsGuthrum

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 10:21 - Mar 7 by No9

Do you have Towns projected results that give you a 16th place finish?

Works on recent form. So it'll be Home: W1 D3 L1 GD-2 Away: W1 D3 L2 GD-2

This is a purely mechanical excercise. To predict individual matches involves far too many chance elements and becomes largely subjective. Not to mention vastly time-consuming for an entire division.

The idea is to look at general trends and trajectories more than the likelihood of particular results.

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 10:42 - Mar 7 with 1358 viewsBeckets

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 09:54 - Mar 7 by Guthrum

Indeed, since 1958-59.

I think that's open to debate. We finished 16th but with a 22 team top Division so 38th in the hierarchy - the equivalent now is 18th in the Championship not 16th. I'm off to sell this spin to Milne and Evans.
It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 11:26 - Mar 7 with 1325 viewsTractorWood

It's the return of ... Guthrum's Estimated Final Table! on 10:42 - Mar 7 by Beckets

I think that's open to debate. We finished 16th but with a 22 team top Division so 38th in the hierarchy - the equivalent now is 18th in the Championship not 16th. I'm off to sell this spin to Milne and Evans.

This would sit well with Evans And Milne as it's more barrel scraping escapism than spin!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024