Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't think Mick can last until Forest 21:53 - Mar 7 with 3887 viewsMullet

The perceived improvement hasn't been that exactly has it? When a team comes to us on that sort of run, you have to manage more than this. Even a shock defeat or unfortunate equaliser would stop the suffocating feeling. There's little we can do now either without a loan window.

It's strange to think how far both teams have come/slid since we met in August. That was a 0-0 that embodied two teams with a bit of spirit and endeavour cancelling each other out. Webster was just starting to show what he could do as well the odd error and we gave each other a contest.

If we had lost a handful last month to win one more (especially the scum game) would morale be any lower? I think it's easy to say it would, but it's no better is it?

I'm still not sure what Mick is trying to achieve with this system. I know I'm biased against three at the back but I can only think it's been to play as many of the kids/returning to fitness members of the squad as possible. Each week the selection seems to emphasis a softly softly approach to that end.

That goes for the Keiffer Moore experimentation too. He may as well chuck Rowe in as soon as possible and just pray it makes something click.

Lawrence McGoldrick should have yielded something by now too shouldn't it? We can't seriously miss Huws that much can we? I thought he was poor at Carrow Rd by his standards but to add an injury to the mix now.

If we continue not beating or getting beaten it simply places Mick in further disregard. It's pretty obvious we've stemmed the tailspin and even giving away a point to these lot doesn't really put us in any more danger. It'll just be limping through to the end without the expected pull away into midtable.

Evans is also stuck. How does he show willing without advertising to the world his intention to spend and then being held to ransom? Fans won't come back until they see the door at Portman Rd swinging off it's hinges this summer.

There's not a manager out there I fancy to do anything but keep us bobbing along right now. Mick can't do much more without money, and maybe he just doesn't have the fight left in him? I fear we're in real danger of Evans slowly pushing us under and staying there long term.

McCarthy is essentially keeping the show running, and no one really wants to watch it keep going any more. You have to think back behind the curtain everything is now at a complete standstill and no one knows where to take the next step or how.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:02 - Mar 7 with 2643 viewspeterleeblue

Great post Mullet.
Its simple for me now. Mick out, Warburton in until the end of the season. We are all but safe so lets see what he can do with our current crop. I hope he proves it isn't as bad as it looks.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:04 - Mar 7 with 2595 viewsm14_blue

Absolutely spot on.

I have never been so apathetic in a lifetime of supporting town, this can't be allowed to drag on much longer.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:05 - Mar 7 with 2575 viewsgtsb1966

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:02 - Mar 7 by peterleeblue

Great post Mullet.
Its simple for me now. Mick out, Warburton in until the end of the season. We are all but safe so lets see what he can do with our current crop. I hope he proves it isn't as bad as it looks.

The one thing I hate is people saying we are safe when we are not.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:06 - Mar 7 with 2559 viewsHerbivore

I think the system doesn't really matter all that much, the players just look bereft of confidence and possess a worrying lack of ability on the ball. At times this season we've strung a few decent performances together but they quickly go back to being crap. It's all a bit depressing really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:07 - Mar 7 with 2537 viewschristiand

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:04 - Mar 7 by m14_blue

Absolutely spot on.

I have never been so apathetic in a lifetime of supporting town, this can't be allowed to drag on much longer.

For all our frustrations, we know it will continue to drag on....that's now become the Ipswich way.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:07 - Mar 7 with 2533 viewspeterleeblue

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:05 - Mar 7 by gtsb1966

Ok I think we are safe this season regardless of who the manager is. Of course we need a couple of wins and I'm sure we can achieve a couple of pragmatic grind outs if required.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:09 - Mar 7 with 2488 viewspointofblue

I'm starting to reject the money point now - yes, we'd all like more investment in the club but it didn't stop Mick from bringing on a frurther striker this evening. It didn't stop him playing Skuse and Diagouraga together as part of the three despite the inept performance against Brentford. The lack of money was not reasonable for the frankly horrifically pathetic performance tonight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:09 - Mar 7 with 2489 viewsMullet

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:02 - Mar 7 by peterleeblue

Great post Mullet.

I think Warburton might think he's too big for us. At least that'd be in the sense of a manager who would deserve far more money than is available.

If he was to come here and get it. Then that is disgustingly cruel on Mick. We're stuck in a catch 22 that is almost unbelievable in terms of how could Evans manufacture it? He had the golden goose of a manager here and has pretty much abandoned him.

We've gone from an owner who like his first manager was learning still and can be forgiven some of those initial mistakes, to one who can't get shot of the club, can't make his mind up what he wants us to be so does nothing but keeps the lights on.

I respect the bloke for delaying our destruction a decade ago, and am chuffed he's pumped so much money in, but you have to wonder his gameplan is. It can't simply be stave off relegation for the next decade and hope somehow we win the lottery of Championship football and fluke a run into the Prem.

Mick is far from the main issue, I'm not even sure he makes the top five right now.

Login to get fewer ads

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:09 - Mar 7 with 2481 viewsOsborneOneNil

I know we often disagree, Mullet, but excellent post there.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:09 - Mar 7 with 2469 viewsgtsb1966

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:07 - Mar 7 by peterleeblue

Ok I think we are safe this season regardless of who the manager is. Of course we need a couple of wins and I'm sure we can achieve a couple of pragmatic grind outs if required.

Fair enough but I'm not so sure on this evidence.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:10 - Mar 7 with 2448 viewsVic

I don't understand why 5 games ago there was a general optimism and sense things had changed. Were our performances really no better?

Now it's back to post Lincoln.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:13 - Mar 7 with 2388 viewsGuthrum

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:05 - Mar 7 by gtsb1966

We pretty much are. The teams at the bottom will be doing well to overhaul us in just 10 or 11 games, even if we only draw between now and the end of the season. They're only getting the odd win or draw amongst long strings of losses.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:13 - Mar 7 with 2373 viewspeterleeblue

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:09 - Mar 7 by Mullet

I think Warburton might think he's too big for us. At least that'd be in the sense of a manager who would deserve far more money than is available.

If he was to come here and get it. Then that is disgustingly cruel on Mick. We're stuck in a catch 22 that is almost unbelievable in terms of how could Evans manufacture it? He had the golden goose of a manager here and has pretty much abandoned him.

We've gone from an owner who like his first manager was learning still and can be forgiven some of those initial mistakes, to one who can't get shot of the club, can't make his mind up what he wants us to be so does nothing but keeps the lights on.

I respect the bloke for delaying our destruction a decade ago, and am chuffed he's pumped so much money in, but you have to wonder his gameplan is. It can't simply be stave off relegation for the next decade and hope somehow we win the lottery of Championship football and fluke a run into the Prem.

Mick is far from the main issue, I'm not even sure he makes the top five right now.

I've always been a Mick Fan. But I see no reason for him to continue under the current constraints. However as a club we cant keep going like this. Something has to change. It wont be Evans so has to be Mick for the good of the club. I agree with you as compared to Jewell and Keane he has been sold down the river. No more so than the frankly ridiculous sale of Murphy at the end of the Summer Transfer window.
I like Mick and I am grateful for the good he has done but this season has been woeful. The worst I have ever known.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:17 - Mar 7 with 2303 viewssundaze

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:07 - Mar 7 by peterleeblue

Oh we won't go for wins, we will just play out the season trying to make sure we don't lose and take one point each time. I left early this evening, I really wish I had left at half time, no, I really wish I hadn't gone in the first place. It really has become so bad now, I am not sure if I can turn up for the remainder of the season, if MM can't try to entertain, even at home games, I can't see the point. God knows how they are going to sell season tickets next season if MM is still picking the team.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:18 - Mar 7 with 2272 viewsHerbivore

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:10 - Mar 7 by Vic

I don't understand why 5 games ago there was a general optimism and sense things had changed. Were our performances really no better?

Performances were genuinely better during that run but that's two poor home performances in a row now and it's hard to understand where they've come from given how we were playing in February.

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:20 - Mar 7 with 2225 viewspointofblue

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:18 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

Performances were genuinely better during that run but that's two poor home performances in a row now and it's hard to understand where they've come from given how we were playing in February.

I think our shape and style of play suits teams that come onto us more, maybe give us slightly more time on the ball and look to attack us rather than put defence first. Brentford were closing us down from the off whilst Wolves flooded the defence; we don't have the nous to breakthrough.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:21 - Mar 7 with 2172 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

well said mullet, we don't agree with politics but you hit the nail on this pal

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:22 - Mar 7 with 2168 viewstextbackup

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:18 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

We played top teams in Feb, our best player in those games was Bart, we never done enough to warrant more than 1 win in those 6 games, we weren't THAT good. We drew, 5 games, against decent teams, we set out for draws so achieved the bare min.
Tonight and sat we might have been half expected to give teams something to worry about, but we just can't manage it, he can't set a team up to do that. The players are fcked, he's fcked

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:22 - Mar 7 with 2146 viewsGuthrum

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:20 - Mar 7 by pointofblue

I think our shape and style of play suits teams that come onto us more, maybe give us slightly more time on the ball and look to attack us rather than put defence first. Brentford were closing us down from the off whilst Wolves flooded the defence; we don't have the nous to breakthrough.

Lack of penetration has been the team's problem for a long time now, over a year. For some reason we can't get through in enough numbers to create chances.

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:28 - Mar 7 with 2024 viewsMullet

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:10 - Mar 7 by Vic

I think people viewed wingbacks as something of an admission from Mick and became a point of celebration for a minority (I reckon a Burley did it type post was a monthly occurrence on here when we put 14/15 aside).

The anger from the Lincoln games, was more cumulative than anything else, it'd been a long slow build.

I think PNE has been the best I've seen this calendar year, but didn't last. We've got a similar set up tonight but no real confidence any more. Fans sarcastically jeering a shot like tonight is a nod back to Jewell.

The real tangible difference between the confusion we might feel towards Mick's side, and the shower under Jewell is the spectre of relegation and loss after heavy loss building. This is a run of draws with a win coming from arguably not a great performance but a great spectacle at Villa. Losing players to injury like that and scoring in a decent manner was wonderful.

If anything, when we have scored recently it's been more than just a Lawrence worldie, but some genuine team goals. That's a shaft of light if nothing else. But the longer this drags on, it doesn't matter if Mick is just doing a decent job of keeping us moving inch by inch into nowhere.

Without any drive or sense of momentum there will be an even bigger dent in ST sales, and then recruitment, and then the team and on it goes until we become the Blunts or worse. That's what I fear now. Wish we had Neil chuffing Warnock and Brian Deane to dig us out.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 22:29]

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:29 - Mar 7 with 1998 viewsHerbivore

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:22 - Mar 7 by textbackup

We played top teams in Feb, our best player in those games was Bart, we never done enough to warrant more than 1 win in those 6 games, we weren't THAT good. We drew, 5 games, against decent teams, we set out for draws so achieved the bare min.
Tonight and sat we might have been half expected to give teams something to worry about, but we just can't manage it, he can't set a team up to do that. The players are fcked, he's fcked

I don't really agree with that assessment other than that we've been poor the last two games.

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:33 - Mar 7 with 1923 viewsStNeotsBlue

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:22 - Mar 7 by Guthrum

Lack of penetration has been the team's problem for a long time now, over a year. For some reason we can't get through in enough numbers to create chances.

We are too risk averse, the balance of the team is wrong, it is set up to nullify the opposition rather than hurt them. Every player back for corners, our midfield (without Huws) is moribund and there is a real lack of pace throughout the side.
I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:34 - Mar 7 with 1899 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Blooming heck I agree with your post.

BOT

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:41 - Mar 7 with 1816 viewsGuthrum

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:13 - Mar 7 by peterleeblue

I've always been a Mick Fan. But I see no reason for him to continue under the current constraints. However as a club we cant keep going like this. Something has to change. It wont be Evans so has to be Mick for the good of the club. I agree with you as compared to Jewell and Keane he has been sold down the river. No more so than the frankly ridiculous sale of Murphy at the end of the Summer Transfer window.
I like Mick and I am grateful for the good he has done but this season has been woeful. The worst I have ever known.

Thing that worries me is if we end up with someone less competent than McCarthy but still no plan or adequate investment. Gould get messy quite fast.

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:41 - Mar 7 with 1801 viewssundaze

I don't think Mick can last until Forest on 22:29 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

I don't really agree with that assessment other than that we've been poor the last two games.

We've been poor most of the season. Check out the shots on target through the season, never mind how many actually went in the goal. Just because we managed to stop losing for a few games in February, doesn't mean we were playing well, just doing things better defensively and scoring against the run of play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024