Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... 10:42 - Mar 8 with 1583 viewsSmithy

Gary Megson
Kenny Jackett
Alan Pardew
Micky Adams
Steve Cotterill
Nigel Pearson
Martin Allen
Nigel Adkins
Brian McDermott
Gary Rowett
Alex McLeish
Billy Davies
Steve Clarke
Owen Coyle
Danny Wilson
Sean O'Driscoll

OK long list, but this is the sort of manager he will look at, oh joy!

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 10:52 - Mar 8 with 1523 viewshoppy

Curbs will be disappointed with your list...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 10:59 - Mar 8 with 1495 viewsClausThomsen

From that list I'd only be happy with Rowett.

Taricco or Cowley for me, wouldn't mind Hoddle, would take a punt on Hasselbaink and would definitely text Hodgson.

Surely ME has learnt though, that's basically a list of Jewells.
Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 11:03 - Mar 8 with 1479 viewsLightningboy

That list is scarily realistic if our owner's past record is anything to go by...think you've missed out Dave Bassett.

Seriously though:
Uwe Rosler worth a look?..did a great job at Brentford..Wigan wasn't given much time..doing a superb job at Fleetwood.
Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 12:52 - Mar 8 with 1364 viewspowinswitch

I don't really follow football very much these days so don't know too much about other managers. (although I am a season ticket holder and do about 8 away games a season). Its Town or nothing for me.

So the following two suggestions may get absolutely hammered. Michael Appleton at Oxford United, and Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe Wanderers.

I really like it when we buy hungry, good young players from lower divisions, the likes of Webster, Mings, Walters and Cresswell. Are these managerial versions of the same?
Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 12:54 - Mar 8 with 1352 viewsDanTheMan

Urgh.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 12:58 - Mar 8 with 1331 viewshype313

If we could mix and match the names, I would take Brian Wilson.

The place would then have a feelgood factor, or some might say Good Vibrations...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 12:59 - Mar 8 with 1325 viewsSteve_M

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 12:52 - Mar 8 by powinswitch

I don't really follow football very much these days so don't know too much about other managers. (although I am a season ticket holder and do about 8 away games a season). Its Town or nothing for me.

So the following two suggestions may get absolutely hammered. Michael Appleton at Oxford United, and Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe Wanderers.

I really like it when we buy hungry, good young players from lower divisions, the likes of Webster, Mings, Walters and Cresswell. Are these managerial versions of the same?

Interestingly, a friend of mine who lives close to Oxford mentioned Appleton yesterday. He has done a decent job there although I hadn't paid a great deal of attention to him since his short stints at Blackpool and Portsmouth.

Ainsworth just seems to have been at Wycombe for ages, guess he was a player there as well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 13:05 - Mar 8 with 1295 viewssoupytwist

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 12:52 - Mar 8 by powinswitch

Would like Gareth Ainsworth if it comes to needing to replace Mick.

It's based on the entirely unscientific basis that he comes across very well in the book "Living on the volcano". As does Paul Tisdale who could be another to consider.
Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 13:05 - Mar 8 with 1295 viewsmonty_radio

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 12:58 - Mar 8 by hype313

The place would then have a feelgood factor, or some might say Good Vibrations...

If I can add Ipswich old-timer Bobby Ferguson, who's still around, to the O.P.'s list then mixing and matching I'll go for Alex Ferguson

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 13:08 - Mar 8 with 1279 viewsTractorCam

Darrell Clarke from Bristol Rovers for me

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 13:36 - Mar 8 with 1219 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wonder if he'll stick to his rule of only considering managers who've experience promotion to the PL? And presumably we'll need an old-timer who can help run the club and not just coach.

To me, that seems a way to unnecessarily restrict your options and exclude potential talent, and suggests ME has no confidence in his ability to judge a man. But what do I know?

We'd have missed out on SAR, SBR and Burley if ME was in charge back in the good old days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 15:10 - Mar 8 with 1134 viewsbluehook

What a sack of sh!te that lot are.
We are stuffed for ever and eternity.
Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 19:11 - Mar 8 with 1015 viewsradiogaga

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 13:08 - Mar 8 by TractorCam

Darrell Clarke from Bristol Rovers for me

Nathan Jones of Luton?

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 19:18 - Mar 8 with 1001 viewshoppy

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 19:11 - Mar 8 by radiogaga

Nathan Jones of Luton?

Not likely now, his chance has been gone too long, Marcus tried him before, but he never rung ME, he never called...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 20:28 - Mar 8 with 917 viewsstickymockwell

Marcus Evans manager shortlist if MM should go......... on 12:58 - Mar 8 by hype313

God only knows what kind of job he'd do here.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024