Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton is still free... 12:17 - Mar 8 with 4253 viewsKeaneish

...thoughts on him replacing McCarthy? Ideal replacement for me and a big mistake if he's not made an offer. Discuss.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:19 - Mar 8 with 3282 viewshype313

What was the reason behind him leaving Rangers? was he pushed or did he walk?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:19 - Mar 8 with 3289 viewsSteve_M

As posted in the other thread:

I'm not sure about him, how much of Brentford's success is down to having a system at the club rather than purely the manager? Liverpool employed Brendan Rodgers seemingly unaware that Swansea's success wasn't all down to him.

I don't know the answer to that and the other factor would need to be how much of a structure ME would let him build here or would it just bet he first team squad?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:22 - Mar 8 with 3263 viewsKieran_Knows

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:19 - Mar 8 by Steve_M

I'm not sure about him, how much of Brentford's success is down to having a system at the club rather than purely the manager? Liverpool employed Brendan Rodgers seemingly unaware that Swansea's success wasn't all down to him.

I don't know the answer to that and the other factor would need to be how much of a structure ME would let him build here or would it just bet he first team squad?

As I said in the same thread ... wasn't Warburton initially the Director of Football who implemented that system? Before he went on to become manager.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:23 - Mar 8 with 3233 viewsSwailsey

He'd be my first choice.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:24 - Mar 8 with 3228 viewsPilgrimblue

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:22 - Mar 8 by Kieran_Knows

As I said in the same thread ... wasn't Warburton initially the Director of Football who implemented that system? Before he went on to become manager.

Whatever but I love his style and attitude. But if ME wont splash the cash then he has two ready made in Klug and Nash
Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:25 - Mar 8 with 3217 viewshoppy

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:23 - Mar 8 by Swailsey

He'd be my first choice.

Do you think he's the best thing since sliced bread?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:31 - Mar 8 with 3177 viewstextbackup

In a heart beat.
However Evans will sit with thumb up arse whilst others approach him and appoint.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:33 - Mar 8 with 3150 viewsIllinoisblue

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:19 - Mar 8 by hype313

What was the reason behind him leaving Rangers? was he pushed or did he walk?

Touting himself for the Forest job wasn't he?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:34 - Mar 8 with 3140 viewsKieran_Knows

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:33 - Mar 8 by Illinoisblue

If he was prepared to go to Forest, then Town would probably look like a dream job to him!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mark Warburton is still free... on 13:24 - Mar 8 with 3006 viewsgainsboroughblue

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:25 - Mar 8 by hoppy

Course he is, use your loaf.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Mark Warburton is still free... on 13:29 - Mar 8 with 2974 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:25 - Mar 8 by hoppy

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mark Warburton is still free... on 13:51 - Mar 8 with 2904 viewsKeaneish

I think McParland was throwing his name around more than Warburton being overly vocal about it. ME and MM need to decide the future now, not in the summer. By the summer it may be too late and candidates like Warburton may already be signed up.

I doubt he'll be as expensive as MM, even Monk may have been cheaper! Difficulty is now though, MM has another year on his contract and holds all the cards and we know ME's pockets are light and i'm sure Forest will through money in Warburton's direction.

Pay-up Mick now. Make and announcement once we've achieved 52 points and get Warburton otherwise we'll be scratching around again and the chance of another decent manager will go begging...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mark Warburton is still free... on 15:40 - Mar 8 with 2730 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Definitely in my top 3 potential managers I would like to see replace Mick in the summer.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Mark Warburton is still free... on 16:42 - Mar 8 with 2667 viewsconnorscontract

Mark Warburton is still free... on 13:29 - Mar 8 by Swansea_Blue

At which point this HAS to be linked again for any Over 18 TWTDers who haven't seen it yet:

(contains scans of a book with words describing the Krankies sex lives, and other assorted showbiz anecdotes, but not, mercifully, any photos...)

https://storify.com/Eamonn_Forde/the-krankies-joint-autobiography-condensed
Mark Warburton is still free... on 16:49 - Mar 8 with 2653 viewsconnorscontract

There's a lot more to it:

Rangers are in colossal financial difficulties, again. Fans expectations are high. Warburton was caught between a board who were flailing about trying to plug holes and a a very angry fan-base who blame him for failure to compete with Celtic. Just read up on the Joey Barton debacle. He made them competitive but they couldn't afford to pay him. He went on strike. The fans blamed Warburton for not picking him.

I think the Forest thing was a smoke-screen that enabled him to get out. I don't think he'd go to another basket-case club.
Mark Warburton is still free... on 17:09 - Mar 8 with 2606 viewsPilgrimblue

Mark Warburton is still free... on 13:51 - Mar 8 by Keaneish

I think McParland was throwing his name around more than Warburton being overly vocal about it. ME and MM need to decide the future now, not in the summer. By the summer it may be too late and candidates like Warburton may already be signed up.

I doubt he'll be as expensive as MM, even Monk may have been cheaper! Difficulty is now though, MM has another year on his contract and holds all the cards and we know ME's pockets are light and i'm sure Forest will through money in Warburton's direction.

Pay-up Mick now. Make and announcement once we've achieved 52 points and get Warburton otherwise we'll be scratching around again and the chance of another decent manager will go begging...

Good shout. Not sure 52 is needed though as we may have enough already based on recent seasons
Mark Warburton is still free... on 17:55 - Mar 8 with 2549 viewsbournemouthblue

Mark Warburton is still free... on 12:19 - Mar 8 by Steve_M

Warburton likes to play a fluid attacking game, how he'd handle a side institutionalised in keeping it simple and not taking risks I don't know

I believe he was Brentford's director of football before manager?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mark Warburton is still free... on 18:11 - Mar 8 with 2511 viewsBlue_Order

Mark Warburton is still free... on 16:49 - Mar 8 by connorscontract

There's a lot more to it:

Rangers are in colossal financial difficulties, again. Fans expectations are high. Warburton was caught between a board who were flailing about trying to plug holes and a a very angry fan-base who blame him for failure to compete with Celtic. Just read up on the Joey Barton debacle. He made them competitive but they couldn't afford to pay him. He went on strike. The fans blamed Warburton for not picking him.

I think the Forest thing was a smoke-screen that enabled him to get out. I don't think he'd go to another basket-case club.

Fans didn't expect him to compete with Celtic this season, but they certainly didn't expect him to be 30 points behind and struggling to even get 2nd place.

Most fans sided with him over the Barton thing until the season unfolded and most realised Barton was probably right in what he said - that Warburton was out of his depth and the team was filled with utter sh.te.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2017 18:12]
Mark Warburton is still free... on 18:23 - Mar 8 with 2477 viewsmonty_radio

Mark Warburton is still free... on 18:11 - Mar 8 by Blue_Order

Fans didn't expect him to compete with Celtic this season, but they certainly didn't expect him to be 30 points behind and struggling to even get 2nd place.

Most fans sided with him over the Barton thing until the season unfolded and most realised Barton was probably right in what he said - that Warburton was out of his depth and the team was filled with utter sh.te.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2017 18:12]

But that's the Scottish leagues, isnt it? Rangers have only just worked their way back from demotion to Div 3. The gates of 40k may feel the historic entitlement, but truth is that Bilel Mohsni was holding down a place there (and probably an opponent too) until fairly recently.

Many unrealistic fans may not have expected to be so overshadowed by Celtic once they were on a par, at least divisionally, but Rangers have still some way to go to get back to anything like parity.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Mark Warburton is still free... on 18:43 - Mar 8 with 2438 viewsBlue_Order

Mark Warburton is still free... on 18:23 - Mar 8 by monty_radio

But that's the Scottish leagues, isnt it? Rangers have only just worked their way back from demotion to Div 3. The gates of 40k may feel the historic entitlement, but truth is that Bilel Mohsni was holding down a place there (and probably an opponent too) until fairly recently.

Many unrealistic fans may not have expected to be so overshadowed by Celtic once they were on a par, at least divisionally, but Rangers have still some way to go to get back to anything like parity.

Rangers are years behind Celtic. Until King or anyone else puts real investment in, they're always going to be, but his budget still dwarfed everyone else's, yet he was scraping draws against the likes of Ross County and claiming it was just down to footballs random nature.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take him here for sure, but there's a lot of things about him that would leave me wary.

Mohsni 😂 What a guy!

Mark Warburton is still free... on 20:55 - Mar 8 with 2331 viewsFifeITFC

After seeing his work for Rangers, no thanks. Absolutely clueless, no Plan B and tactically inept.

I'd rather stick with McCarthy than Warburton.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Mark Warburton is still free... on 21:59 - Mar 8 with 2275 viewsbournemouthblue

Mark Warburton is still free... on 20:55 - Mar 8 by FifeITFC

After seeing his work for Rangers, no thanks. Absolutely clueless, no Plan B and tactically inept.

I'd rather stick with McCarthy than Warburton.

It's a controversial view but I wouldn't be against Sherwood despite his Norwich connections

He's worked with Klug before at Spurs and gave a lot of their youngsters a chance

He must know the up and coming players in the London area who would suit us potentially

Mark Warburton is still free... on 22:07 - Mar 8 with 2257 viewssoupytwist

Mark Warburton is still free... on 21:59 - Mar 8 by bournemouthblue

It's a controversial view but I wouldn't be against Sherwood despite his Norwich connections

He's worked with Klug before at Spurs and gave a lot of their youngsters a chance

He must know the up and coming players in the London area who would suit us potentially

There's an alternative view of Sherwood's appeal as a potential manager here

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44262/runners-and-r
Mark Warburton is still free... on 22:14 - Mar 8 with 2216 viewsSteve_M

Mark Warburton is still free... on 22:07 - Mar 8 by soupytwist

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44262/runners-and-r

I logged in just to up this post.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mark Warburton is still free... on 22:15 - Mar 8 with 2214 viewsbournemouthblue

Mark Warburton is still free... on 22:07 - Mar 8 by soupytwist

Loft for Words as thorough as ever

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024