Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancer incidence rate stats. 11:28 - Mar 10 with 1890 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Due to a suspicion that our increasingly toxic world may be affecting rates of cancer I contacted Cancer UK for some stats, which I am posting here for anyone interested. The figures do not allay my concerns. They suggest the increases (eg 20% increase in 0-24 year olds 1992-2014) may be due to better detection but offer no evidence.
The real issue here, in my opinion, is that in these days where corporate interests trump all and reduced government spending there is absolutely no incentive/finance to
discover whether products/additives are carcinogenic or not. If the precautionary principle was law it would force business to pay for the research.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/incidence/

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:34 - Mar 10 with 1855 viewsoldbluestu

Ban diesel
Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:36 - Mar 10 with 1851 viewsIllinoisblue

Did you actually contact them, or just visit their website?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:39 - Mar 10 with 1839 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:36 - Mar 10 by Illinoisblue

Did you actually contact them, or just visit their website?

Contacted them as couldn't find what I wanted on their site. Took about 3 weeks to get a reply. The site only showed figures for 2014-16.

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:46 - Mar 10 with 1800 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:34 - Mar 10 by oldbluestu

Ban diesel

.....and agricultural sprays, fire retardants,air fresheners,what soluables are in the water, food additives/preservatives, hormones in milk, other pollutants in air etc etc...is it a price we are prepared to pay to live the eternal growth, 'developed' consumerist 'dream' ?

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:47 - Mar 10 with 1793 viewsMJallday

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:34 - Mar 10 by oldbluestu

Ban diesel

isnt he a movie star?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:53 - Mar 10 with 1774 viewsMJallday

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:46 - Mar 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

.....and agricultural sprays, fire retardants,air fresheners,what soluables are in the water, food additives/preservatives, hormones in milk, other pollutants in air etc etc...is it a price we are prepared to pay to live the eternal growth, 'developed' consumerist 'dream' ?

id be more sh1t scared about the amount of radiation currently pouring out of japans west coast..... thats a cover up of epic proportions.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 12:03 - Mar 10 with 1746 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:47 - Mar 10 by MJallday

isnt he a movie star?

Depends how you define the word 'star' (no Hoppy, not a twinkly, pointy thing!).

Good OP.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 12:13 - Mar 10 with 1723 viewsoldbluestu

Actually mobile phone usage is the cancer timebomb waiting to hit and it will hit but not until enough money has been made from selling them in vast quantities
Login to get fewer ads

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 12:15 - Mar 10 with 1715 viewshype313

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 12:13 - Mar 10 by oldbluestu

Actually mobile phone usage is the cancer timebomb waiting to hit and it will hit but not until enough money has been made from selling them in vast quantities

Two things to take daily, Tumeric and Cannabis Oil.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 16:26 - Mar 10 with 1616 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 11:53 - Mar 10 by MJallday

id be more sh1t scared about the amount of radiation currently pouring out of japans west coast..... thats a cover up of epic proportions.

....and add it to whatever else is still knocking around from all the historic weapons testing (half life of 1000's of years in a lot of cases )

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 16:40 - Mar 10 with 1598 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

......as a related aside to this I strongly suspect that the story we are told about all living longer etc etc...will shortly explode. My suspicion is that the generation that have lived the longest, roughly those born in 40's and 50's and brought up on real food has now passed and that it will be a downward spiral from now on as we go headlong into the processed food generation. Time will tell !

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 17:52 - Mar 10 with 1562 viewsNo9

Thanks for that
It is a pity not more people are as intersted as you intrying to find out what is creating problems for our heath.
There is all sorts of junk being put into food medicines etc. & you realise what crap comes out of the water tap when it makes crap coffe & you can't use it to make bread
& we really should be very concerned if they let American foostuffs into the UK
Cancer incidence rate stats. on 19:24 - Mar 10 with 1503 viewsgordon

It's well known that more people are diagnosed with cancer due to better screening methods and people living longer.

There are other factors no doubt, particularly increased obesity, but there's lots and lots of publicly available research on the causes of the increase in cancer diagnoses.
Cancer incidence rate stats. on 19:27 - Mar 10 with 1493 viewsClapham_Junction

Another issue with leaving the EU is that we'll no longer have the REACH regulations to protect us especially given our government's history of pushing against the banning of harmful substances (e.g. on neonicotinoids in 2013).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registration,_Evaluation,_Authorisation_and_Restri
Cancer incidence rate stats. on 19:41 - Mar 10 with 1473 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 19:24 - Mar 10 by gordon

It's well known that more people are diagnosed with cancer due to better screening methods and people living longer.

There are other factors no doubt, particularly increased obesity, but there's lots and lots of publicly available research on the causes of the increase in cancer diagnoses.

I just wonder if there is any evidence for this being the case.....or is it another example of if you tell a story for long enough then people will believe it . I would happily lay money that life expectancy rates are going to reverse in the very near future. As I suggested at the start of the thread, business/corporations have no interest in testing the potential toxicity of their products .
The evidence of my own eyes is that far to many of my circle of friends/acquaintances are developing and dying of cancer....as it says above a 20% increase in rates for 0-24 year olds !
I think we all need to question what we are told as challenging and uncomfortable as this may be at times.

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 19:46 - Mar 10 with 1462 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 12:15 - Mar 10 by hype313

Anything that boosts your immune system is a good idea......unfortunately most don't do so until a cancer has been diagnosed. This is often the point when people, including my father give up milk, sugar and meat, due to being forced into doing some research .

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 20:02 - Mar 10 with 1431 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 19:27 - Mar 10 by Clapham_Junction

Another issue with leaving the EU is that we'll no longer have the REACH regulations to protect us especially given our government's history of pushing against the banning of harmful substances (e.g. on neonicotinoids in 2013).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registration,_Evaluation,_Authorisation_and_Restri

This kind of thing and environmental legislation is definitely an area in which the EU has benefitted us....although I'm sure some corporate lobbyists will have succeeded in a degree of watering down !
I don't have much hope for us in this respect post referendum!

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 20:04 - Mar 10 with 1428 viewsDubtractor

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 16:40 - Mar 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

......as a related aside to this I strongly suspect that the story we are told about all living longer etc etc...will shortly explode. My suspicion is that the generation that have lived the longest, roughly those born in 40's and 50's and brought up on real food has now passed and that it will be a downward spiral from now on as we go headlong into the processed food generation. Time will tell !

I suspect you are very much correct with that.

On that note, I made the mistake of having a McDonalds burger last weekend for the first time in about 10 years ( I do eat plenty of other bad food ) and I was staggered at just how bad and clearly mega processed it was. I mean, you expect it to be poor, but I'm not even sure what the burger was made of, it was unlike any beef I've ever eaten.

The point of this aside, is that since then I have been struck by just how many people do still eat at McDonalds. That sort of mass consumption of clearly very poor food can't end well can it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 20:09 - Mar 10 with 1420 viewsleitrimblue

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 12:15 - Mar 10 by hype313

Its unfortunate that cannabis oil is such an expensive product
Cancer incidence rate stats. on 20:10 - Mar 10 with 1416 viewsLord_Lucan

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 20:04 - Mar 10 by Dubtractor

I suspect you are very much correct with that.

On that note, I made the mistake of having a McDonalds burger last weekend for the first time in about 10 years ( I do eat plenty of other bad food ) and I was staggered at just how bad and clearly mega processed it was. I mean, you expect it to be poor, but I'm not even sure what the burger was made of, it was unlike any beef I've ever eaten.

The point of this aside, is that since then I have been struck by just how many people do still eat at McDonalds. That sort of mass consumption of clearly very poor food can't end well can it?

Can't remember the last time I had a McDonalds burger, I think they are horrific. Have to admit I am partial to a BK now and again.

I am slightly addicted to a double sausage and egg Mc Muff though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 19:12 - Mar 11 with 1231 viewsgordon

Cancer incidence rate stats. on 19:41 - Mar 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

I just wonder if there is any evidence for this being the case.....or is it another example of if you tell a story for long enough then people will believe it . I would happily lay money that life expectancy rates are going to reverse in the very near future. As I suggested at the start of the thread, business/corporations have no interest in testing the potential toxicity of their products .
The evidence of my own eyes is that far to many of my circle of friends/acquaintances are developing and dying of cancer....as it says above a 20% increase in rates for 0-24 year olds !
I think we all need to question what we are told as challenging and uncomfortable as this may be at times.

Cancers that children/teenagers get are very, very unlikely to be due to lifestyle factors like diet, radiation and obesity.

The cancers that people get in their twenties are now much more likely to be diagnosed earlier: if cancer were on average diagnosed 6 months earlier now than at the start of the data series, that would account for much of the 'increase' in cancer diagnoses within the 0-24 age group.

It's interesting to think about what Geoffrey Rose (a leading UK scientist) said about cancer:
"if we were to eradicate death from cancer, life expectancy would rise by less than four years. Yet the difference in life expectancy between the richest and poorest in Britain is around 20 years."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024