Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. 19:00 - Mar 11 with 3238 viewscbower

He was good at Villa and whilst not fully fit, he impressed at Preston too. Today he was ponderous, didn't get to the ball quick enough, continually gave it away and was rightly taken off. Skuse was not much better to be honest. Huws, on the other hand, I would sign if we can. He was not great but he has more presence, will get foward and can hold the ball too. Ward made an impact when he came on. McG and Lawrence are good players but not a front line pairing at all. Chambers distribution remains simply awful. I am generally quite positive and we were ok in the first half I guess. Second half I was genuinely bored. Our retention of the ball is appalling and almost to a man we want to slow it down, pirouette backwards and lay it off (usually for someone to punt forwards to strikers who are reluctant to make a genuine challenge. Counter attacking football, what is that?

bluescouser

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 19:19 - Mar 11 with 2777 viewsbournemouthblue

For me it's another Skuse Douglas scenario

He looks like he fits the Skuse role alright but should never be paired with him

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 19:29 - Mar 11 with 2725 viewsSteve_M

I am puzzled by the Diagouraga hype, he did very little in the two matches I've seen him live, nor at Norwich on tv. More of the same today then.

I don't think we have the defenders to play a back three, it really doesn't seem to work at all now other sides are aware of it - with Taylor or Webster in it then perhaps it might.

Huws might be playing just well enough to want to come here but not well enough to be in enormous demand like Lawrence will be in the Summer. Maybe.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 19:39 - Mar 11 with 2692 viewsIllinoisblue

Seems like another squad-filling journeyman. Play 20 odd games then never seen again a la N'daw, Toure, etc.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 19:42 - Mar 11 with 2669 viewscbower

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 19:29 - Mar 11 by Steve_M

I am puzzled by the Diagouraga hype, he did very little in the two matches I've seen him live, nor at Norwich on tv. More of the same today then.

I don't think we have the defenders to play a back three, it really doesn't seem to work at all now other sides are aware of it - with Taylor or Webster in it then perhaps it might.

Huws might be playing just well enough to want to come here but not well enough to be in enormous demand like Lawrence will be in the Summer. Maybe.

At Villa and to some xtent PNE, he turned forwards after receiving the ball and gave some momentum whilst picking a pass. Today, he was never in the right place and always seemed to be stretching. As far as three at the back goes, I like the idea but you are spot on Steve, it's a question of personnel. Chambers in the middle, Webster on the right and Knudsen ( possibly Smith) might do ok but we need proper wing backs too. Emmanuel and Kenlock are not wing backs for me, they are orthodox 442 full backs. Not sure if Spence is either tbh. The complete lack of connection between the midfield and attack is a huge chasm. I just want the season over and for the club to get itself a striker who is not a big lump but can lead the line properly and be in the bloody box when the crosses do come in. Ward at right wing back......maybe?

bluescouser

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 21:30 - Mar 11 with 2473 viewsBent_double

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 19:29 - Mar 11 by Steve_M

Yet another player who has benefited from defensive coaching provided by ITFC perhaps?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:00 - Mar 11 with 2402 viewsflimflam

Only seen him up close three times, today Brentford and Wolves and cannot see anything in him that improves us.
I know he has had a couple of decent games but looks poor from what I have seen.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2017 22:02]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:01 - Mar 11 with 2396 viewspointofblue

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:00 - Mar 11 by flimflam

Only seen him up close three times, today Brentford and Wolves and cannot see anything in him that improves us.
I know he has had a couple of decent games but looks poor from what I have seen.

The only thing I can think of is he and Skuse are not suited to play together. From what I've seen he's been at his best in a midfield with Huws and Ward.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:05 - Mar 11 with 2371 viewssuperfan

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:00 - Mar 11 by flimflam

He is a good fit for our midfield, just not along side another defensive midfielder. Play him with 3 attack minded players and he will blossom. Skuse replacement. not alongside.
Login to get fewer ads

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:26 - Mar 11 with 2325 viewsbournemouthblue

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 19:42 - Mar 11 by cbower

At Villa and to some xtent PNE, he turned forwards after receiving the ball and gave some momentum whilst picking a pass. Today, he was never in the right place and always seemed to be stretching. As far as three at the back goes, I like the idea but you are spot on Steve, it's a question of personnel. Chambers in the middle, Webster on the right and Knudsen ( possibly Smith) might do ok but we need proper wing backs too. Emmanuel and Kenlock are not wing backs for me, they are orthodox 442 full backs. Not sure if Spence is either tbh. The complete lack of connection between the midfield and attack is a huge chasm. I just want the season over and for the club to get itself a striker who is not a big lump but can lead the line properly and be in the bloody box when the crosses do come in. Ward at right wing back......maybe?

The more I see Spence, the more I wonder if he could be converted to a right midfielder, he has a decent cross on him and a bit of pace. He is defensively suspect though and that's ultimately why he was released by a League One side?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:30 - Mar 11 with 2302 views12th_Man

I think he was good today and was shocked when MM took him off sign him up

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:30 - Mar 11 with 2306 viewsBrettenhamBlue

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:26 - Mar 11 by bournemouthblue

The more I see Spence, the more I wonder if he could be converted to a right midfielder, he has a decent cross on him and a bit of pace. He is defensively suspect though and that's ultimately why he was released by a League One side?

Spence is one of our best attacking players and that's why he gets such high ratings across sites every time he plays. But agree, he gets forward too often leaving us exposed at the back.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:36 - Mar 11 with 2284 viewsArnieM

I think we need look no further than Mick McCarthy's tactics once again to see how Diagouraga has now become "ineffective".

Mick has cunningly slipped "Dave" in alongside Skuse instead if Douglas/ Skuse, to maintain his favoured ultra defensive central midfield partnership.

It's soul destroying.

Just WTF is McCarthy so scared of , to stick 7 defensively minded or defensively coached players in a team and not even want to attack the opposition. It beggars belief he is still the manager, but suspect it's a case of who blinks first between Evans and McCarthy over his contract. There are no winners only losers in this scenario - us!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:23 - Mar 12 with 2084 viewstractorboy1978

I think he's a bang average Championship central midfielder and no upgrade on the other options we have.
On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:25 - Mar 12 with 2071 viewsBluebell

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:23 - Mar 12 by tractorboy1978

I think he's a bang average Championship central midfielder and no upgrade on the other options we have.

Agreed.

I can see why Leeds don't want him!
On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:27 - Mar 12 with 2062 views3_5_2

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 22:36 - Mar 11 by ArnieM

I think we need look no further than Mick McCarthy's tactics once again to see how Diagouraga has now become "ineffective".

Mick has cunningly slipped "Dave" in alongside Skuse instead if Douglas/ Skuse, to maintain his favoured ultra defensive central midfield partnership.

It's soul destroying.

Just WTF is McCarthy so scared of , to stick 7 defensively minded or defensively coached players in a team and not even want to attack the opposition. It beggars belief he is still the manager, but suspect it's a case of who blinks first between Evans and McCarthy over his contract. There are no winners only losers in this scenario - us!

Post of the day

Spot On

MM's negativity is getting worse if anything

Not that I thought that possible

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:28 - Mar 12 with 2055 viewsWarkystache

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:23 - Mar 12 by tractorboy1978

If/when Hyam and Teddy ever return, I'd expect them to start in midfield with Huws and Ward.

Diagouraga covered a short-term deficiency. He won't let Skuse go, so no need for him.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:36 - Mar 12 with 2021 viewsMullet

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:27 - Mar 12 by 3_5_2

Post of the day

Spot On

MM's negativity is getting worse if anything

Not that I thought that possible

It's utter nonsense.

Diagouraga has gone from a player who looked unfit, to one who looks unable to play at this level. That's on him.

He was reckless in every aspect of his game, didn't look up to see his team mates' runs or movement and constantly gave the ball away when he did manage to control it. If anything Skuse was far more of a CM today and was pressing right up to their 18 yard line several times as well as digging us out twice with his usual tackles.

Huws was also very hit and miss which was frustrating. We had more from the wingbacks too which helped but realistically we need to keep it at 4 at the back. With that extra defender, we have the luxry of Knudsen covering Kenlock when he drops his focus, but very little up front.

McGoldrick receded to being a midfielder after 30 mins or so because the CM's were struggling to get us with any meaningful possession as they were swamped too often.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 09:04 - Mar 12 with 1965 viewsitfcjoe

He can't play with Skuse, but then in 4 years only one midfielder has been able to and look good and that was when Bishop broke through.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 09:12 - Mar 12 with 1927 viewsBluebell

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 08:36 - Mar 12 by Mullet

It's utter nonsense.

Diagouraga has gone from a player who looked unfit, to one who looks unable to play at this level. That's on him.

He was reckless in every aspect of his game, didn't look up to see his team mates' runs or movement and constantly gave the ball away when he did manage to control it. If anything Skuse was far more of a CM today and was pressing right up to their 18 yard line several times as well as digging us out twice with his usual tackles.

Huws was also very hit and miss which was frustrating. We had more from the wingbacks too which helped but realistically we need to keep it at 4 at the back. With that extra defender, we have the luxry of Knudsen covering Kenlock when he drops his focus, but very little up front.

McGoldrick receded to being a midfielder after 30 mins or so because the CM's were struggling to get us with any meaningful possession as they were swamped too often.

Agree about Diagouraga.

Huws was definitely not playing as we know he can. Still not 100% fit I would guess.

When Ward came on things moved forward a bit but McGoldrick and Lawrence were having problems controlling the ball as Barnsley's players were fast and able to get it back immediately. It wasn't helped by all our backs hoofing the ball up the pitch and Bart's distribution being bad yesterday.

All in all we were lucky to get the draw.
On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 1795 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Why have I got a terrible feeling that Skuse Diagouraga is going to be our central midfield pairing next season?
On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 10:49 - Mar 12 with 1792 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

"Our retention of the ball is appalling and almost to a man we want to slow it down, pirouette backwards and lay it off (usually for someone to punt forwards to strikers who are reluctant to make a genuine challenge."

That is MMs 'style'. I've never seen us play any other way. EDIT: it looked better with Murphy up front. I expect us to keep missing him until we find our way into league 1
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 10:50]
On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 17:11 - Mar 12 with 1587 viewsjas0999

Not needed. Too negative, already have Skuse and Hyam. Don't need another. Had a decent first couple of games, but can see why Leeds don't need him.
On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 18:01 - Mar 12 with 1510 viewsgerard1947

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 19:39 - Mar 11 by Illinoisblue

Seems like another squad-filling journeyman. Play 20 odd games then never seen again a la N'daw, Toure, etc.

I quite liked N'daw, thought he did OK. Maybe I'm easily pleased.
On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 18:07 - Mar 12 with 1463 viewsHerbivore

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 18:01 - Mar 12 by gerard1947

I quite liked N'daw, thought he did OK. Maybe I'm easily pleased.

N'Daw was decent to be fair but he was on a good wage and not good enough to justify signing him permanently for that kind of money.

I've not seen all of Diagouraga's performances for us but the ones I have seen have been wholly unimpressive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 20:05 - Mar 12 with 1364 viewsgerard1947

On that display, Diagouraga would not be worth a deal for me. on 18:07 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

N'Daw was decent to be fair but he was on a good wage and not good enough to justify signing him permanently for that kind of money.

I've not seen all of Diagouraga's performances for us but the ones I have seen have been wholly unimpressive.

N'Daw always looked awkward to me but the ball seemed to stick and he did a decent job. I'd forgotten about his wages.

I thought Diagouraga was going to do a job for us when he joined but you're right. I'd be surprised if we move to make the loan permanent, at least I hope not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024